Drying temps and humidity!

hashnuggs

Hi, I just went through my first harvest and I messed up in the drying process a bit. Herbs were dried in closet and temps got in the 90's and stayed in the 80's. The herb came out smelling like grass and fluffy buds. They have zero taste, but have a decent but not great high. So I'm trying to find a better spot to dry in for my other harvest incoming soon. An option i have now is my basement which stays 55-60F degrees and 50-55% humidity. I was wondering if i dried in a cardboard box with a fan blowing into it at those temps and humidity would this be alright? I have read tons and the idea temps seem to be 65-75 and i cant get that anywhere decent in my house. Thanks in advance for any info and advice on this!

Yeah, my humidity in my closet was 25-35% at the most. I'm going to try my basement at lower temps and have to wait longer and pray for no mold. Thanks for the response!

No problem hashnuggs, you're welcome. I wouldn't worry about mold too much if the basement RH remains constant. If it does rise, a fan should move the air enough to lessen the chance of mold. I have some of my last harvest, which did not fully dry, in a mason jar sitting at around 70% RH and it is doing fine, no mold at all. I just burp it once and a while to let it dry out slowly.

Back
Top Bottom