Humidity and Temp Spikes

BakWardzMan

Hey all who sees this thread. Anybody else deal wit this crap? (See pics).
I got through my grow and harvested just days ago. But I been dealing wit this sawtooth up n down crap all through the grow. No matter what i do, I can not keep a steady Humidity. And get temp swings of course too as we know, one plays off the other. I guess I was naive in thinking I wouldn’t be dealing wit this crap during drying.

(My setup: AC Infinity controller 69, in tent UIS Humidifier, room Dehumidifier, Window ac with a room oscillating fan, And many tent fans. I set my ac to a few degrees below my tent temp and room dehumidifier 5-10% below tent humidity set point.)

I know a few things here, My lung room being a small room (laundry room), big quick swings are probably unavoidable.
And the raise or lower of one will change the other
But what drives me nuts is my window ac. I’ve had more than a dozen different window ac units in my time, and I swear every brand/type I’ve used pumps allot of moisture into the room…which shldnt be, ac’s shld help Dehumidify a room.. Maybe I’m just dealing wit the relationship between temp and humidity, where when the temp drops, humidity raises…but jumping as much as 10% in a few minutes seems ridiculous. My Humidity spikes don’t seem to be from temp movements..as I’ve seen humidity spike wit the temp staying mostly the same.

Anybody else think their Window ac ADDS moisture to their room?, not just a humidity raise due to temperature dropping?

I keep my exhaust fan always moving air, at power setting around 2-4 (out of 10). Wit it ramping up to 8-10 when hits my set points…even if I run my exhaust full blast constantly, I get these damn spikes n drops over 10-20 mins. I’ve lost so much slept over the damn alarm triggers, that I’m hearing the damn alarm beeping in my head all the time now 😒

So just wanted to hear other ppls experience wit the Humidity/temp relationship..and if I shld just chill about the spikes n dips n just care about the average. Thx n happy (almost) 4/20 :ganjamon:

IMG_1771.jpeg

IMG_1772.jpeg

IMG_1774.jpeg

Modern window AC units do not work the same as central air or even window units made 10 years ago. Moisture collects on the condensation coil and drips into a pan. Central and older window units, the water drips outside or down a drain lowering humidity. Modern window units recycle the condensate water to take advantage of evaporative cooling. You should hear the fan blades hitting the water. They use less energy cooling the air and keeping humidity up makes you feel cooler. That is what they are designed to do. You should have a net loss in humidity but the plants are feeding humidity into the room too.

Compressor on coils get cold, heat and moisture pulled from air.
Compressor off coil returns to room temp, water evaporates off warmer coil so humidity spikes right back up.

Back
Top Bottom