Dual Chamber Grow Tent

TulsaJJ

420 Member
Does anyone have recommendations for a dual chamber grow tent, so I can veg/ clone, and flower? 4'x3'x6' maybe a little larger is the area where I will be placing it. Thank you for the advice.

I was going to get a cheap(?) 4'x3' model, but read too many reviews stating that the two areas weren't completely light tight from each other due to the fact that the dividing "wall" wasn't an integral part of the tent.

So: If you get one, good luck with that. And if you get one that actually 100% functions as two separate spaces, please be sure to return to the thread and let us know (along with which one it was).

Hi Tulsajj. It sounds like a good idea, but practically it probably doesn’t make sense. That isn’t very much space for flowering more than one plant assuming it’s divided in two. As it is you probably have space for 2 or 3. Most people will veg and flower in the same space.

Hi Tulsajj. It sounds like a good idea, but practically it probably doesn’t make sense.

It kind of does (IMHO) in theory. The 3'x4' size is a 3'x3' space - which is a relatively popular grow tent size for the "personal use" home grower - with an additional 1'x3' space that generally can be further divided into two (short) spaces by a shelf. That additional space is large enough to keep a mother plant of reasonable size, keep a small collection of "mini mothers" (which can really be helpful if a grower is going through a number of strains in succession in order to learn which one(s) suit him/her best - as the grower can then keep/discard examples of previous rounds of testing), supply clones for the 3'x3' flowering space (great for a perpetual flowering space), or some combination of those things. Or even provide space for a small indoor food garden, lol, while the gardener alternates vegetative growth and flowering in the main part of the tent. And at least one larger size of this style tent is available.

It's just the "in practice" part that tends to suck, due to the possibility (probability? :rolleyes: ) of light leaks because the dividing partition is merely tied in place or held there with Velcro. So... Yeah, the home cannabis gardener is probably better off with a "regular" grow tent for flowering and a completely separate, smaller, space for other duties. That separate space can be another tent near the main one, a separate the in a distant part of the home, a small cabinet, part of a closet, (in theory) a corner of the living room, lol, et cetera. As being light-tight is not an absolute requirement, that space can be an "open" one; or if the gardener chooses to use a grow tent for it, one of the small, cheap, generic ones that sell for well under $100US could be used (although I generally recommend not supporting businesses that sell junk, or the manufacturers that produce it).

Thank you for the replies. Light leakage between the two sides is my concern as well. I considered using metal hvac tape to ensure there is no light leaks, but I can just use two separate tents or a corner for some moms and daughters.

Back
Top Bottom