Grow Tent Size: Is Bigger Really Better?

I am in the market to be purchasing a second tent, but with all that is available to me, I am not sure which one I should be looking at.

I have narrowed it down to 4 options, all of various size and abilities. Two are dual chambered, and the other two are just beasts.

It will be going into my basement, so I will have plenty of room for any of these

My biggest concern is getting a bigger tent and not using it wisely.

Should the tent be just big enough to fit the plants in, or is it alright having extra room on the sides.

4x8.PNG
4x6.PNG

4x3 Dual.PNG
5x4 Dual.PNG

My plan is to get into photperiods, hence the extra tent.

If I do not plan on doing 4 or more at a time, is it still worth getting the 4x8 and giving all plants room? Or should I just get one of the dual chambered tents?

If In get it sooner than later, I will just move one of my 252 true watt LED lights down there. If I wait until October, then I want a 315w CMH... I figured if I got the 4x8 tent, I will just keep all my stuff in the other side not being used. I will also pop an auto or two into the tent, to test out a 12/12 schedule.

Larger tents allow for the addition of ENVIRONMENTAL Equipment in the tent (Portable A/C, Humidifier, De-Humidifier, Fans, Ect.) Having the Equipment within the tent allows you to CLOSE the Tent and keep the Environment much
more stable / controllable and CHEAPER as the equipment will run much less as the environment stabilizes

This is Just my own point of view

Larger tents allow for the addition of ENVIRONMENTAL Equipment in the tent (Portable A/C, Humidifier, De-Humidifier, Fans, Ect.) Having the Equipment within the tent allows you to CLOSE the Tent and keep the Environment much
more stable / controllable and CHEAPER as the equipment will run much less as the environment stabilizes

This is Just my own point of view

Ah yes, I did have that in mind.

Having a bigger fan is certainly something I was going with, as I am barely satisfied with the small fan in my smaller tent.

I have decided to go with the Dual Chamber 4x3x6....mainly because there is little to no reviews on the dual chamber tents. Figure I might as well give it a shot. If it all falls apart with light leaking under the partition , at least I will still have a 3x4 grow tent, to fill up.

Purchase had just been made, even though its currently 12:36 am. I have lots of forced time off from work, so I may as well get some new stuff going. Just need to decide if I will go with a SOG, a SCROG, or start another perpetual. Regardless, my PK photoperiod is going to be flowered out in the new tent.
New tent.jpg

Will certainly be neat if it works as advertised, and have a plant flowering under 12/12 while the small area is vegging some seedlings

Back
Top Bottom