tent size opinion

Greenly

first, id just like to say hello to everyone :ciao:. ive been reading here for quite some time and its a wonderful site with what seems like wonderful folks :smokin:

so i decided to get my first grow ready.

what i have now:

400w hps/ballast (no mh yet)
aircooled hood
6'' fan 500+cfm

and what i would like to know is if i would be better off with a 3x3 or 4x4 tent?

ventalation shouldnt be a problem, weather will be cooling down soon and the tent will be near a 2nd story window.

will also get a fan speed controller and all the other little goodies (ph meter, termometer, oscilating fan etc.)

i am however, on a budget and was looking at some ebay tents. believe me id love to get a secret jardine, but alot of the no namers are guaranteeing non toxic tents with metal frames for half the cost.

so at this point ive come to picking the right size tent, id like to start with 6 palnts, in air pots, thoughts? and feel free to give opinions on my plans/gear thus far, thanks guys/gals!! :grinjoint:

first, id just like to say hello to everyone :ciao:. ive been reading here for quite some time and its a wonderful site with what seems like wonderful folks :smokin:

so i decided to get my first grow ready.

what i have now:

400w hps/ballast (no mh yet)
aircooled hood
6'' fan 500+cfm

and what i would like to know is if i would be better off with a 3x3 or 4x4 tent?

ventalation shouldnt be a problem, weather will be cooling down soon and the tent will be near a 2nd story window.

will also get a fan speed controller and all the other little goodies (ph meter, termometer, oscilating fan etc.)

i am however, on a budget and was looking at some ebay tents. believe me id love to get a secret jardine, but alot of the no namers are guaranteeing non toxic tents with metal frames for half the cost.

so at this point ive come to picking the right size tent, id like to start with 6 palnts, in air pots, thoughts? and feel free to give opinions on my plans/gear thus far, thanks guys/gals!! :grinjoint:

welcome to 420!!
buy a 4x4 tent...you will likely be buying a larger lamp at some time..u could use 2 400's at some point. the 500CFM will handle it with 6". dont worry about the fan speed controller...its another thing to fail...I run mine all the time with a 1K.
meter is a sound investment if you stick with
SunHut is cheap and usable..but its a cheapo...put it up one time and leave it. I use one..it like 4'7"x4'7"x7...about. start out with 8-10 plants and cull the weakest....overplant and remove the crap. you will ALWAYS have crap plants...dont waste your time on those.

I have a Jardin DR100 (3'9"x3'9") I wish I would have gotten the 4x4 ! Secrit Jardin tents are great and there available on line for great prices...I also have a 400HPS, but I switched it out with a 288 w LED, the HPS is better for flowering but it was too hot for now ... (stay with HPS/MH) LEDs seem (to me) too expensive and don't flower as well !!

thanks hip! yeah id much prefer the dr120, but its just not within my budget (im moving within the next couple weeks and am trying to get the rest of my gear between setting aside $ for the deposit) so ill probably go with a $120 ebay tent, but it will def be a 4x4! haha and in terms of LED there just seems to be too much grey area for me to spend the money on it regardless of the temp differences haha thanks for the heads up on that though.

Hey Greenly, I've got the DR150 and the DR120. Great tents. Yes, they are expensive, but they are really nice. I'd be a little wary of the Ebay tents, but you seem to know the problems they have.
The Dr120 seems perfect for my 500 watt mh/hps combo I've got going in that tent. I use it only for vegetative. The Company says 400 watts is enough, but I'd use a little extra.
Get the bigger tent.

Check out greners.com they have pretty good deals on Secret Jardin tents ...

.overplant and remove the crap. you will ALWAYS have crap plants...dont waste your time on those.
:smokin:

QFT- so many growers waste way too much time and money on runts.

Greeners is a good site. I am also looking for another tent or maybe two might use one for drying buds. As far as the LED's go the Grow LED Hydro seems to have the best lights for flowering and vegging. Expensive lights but you wont have to replace them for a while. Depends on what you want and what works best for you in the end. Good luck with the move.

Back
Top Bottom