Greenly's First Grow - 800W/Soil/4x4 Tent/LST/Exclusive Strain?

Greenly

First off id like to state that this is a "legal" (whatever that means anymore) medicinal grow and is within the regulations per my state/county.

Hello again everyone. FINALLY I'm here to document my first grow :grinjoint: I've been doing my homework here for quite some time, learned a lot from this site and all of other users/growers/admins and I think I finally got my ducks in a row.

My initial goal for this grow was to learn (from experience), i was just going to get some fem seeds and see how green my thumb was, BUT after i had the bulk of my gear a friend of a friend put me in touch with a grower/breeder who spontaneously gave me 6 clones of a strain that he had just bred and hadnt even harvested yet as i was on my way out the door. Blessed with his courtesy I basically had to jump start my grow which is also the reason for the late journal, but I think i will wait till i finish this grow and he names the strain before I release the genetics to all you fine folk :blalol:

Now im 10 days into flowering, and hitting a couple snags, but for many reasons am determined to do my absolute best to produce a quality product.

All that said here's what i got.

Environment
4x4 Ebay grow tent
400w air cooled hps/(4) 100w CFLs
6'' exhaust fan 500+cfm
6'' Carbon filter
3 gallon pots.

Strain
6 secret clones :)
1 Bog sour life saver clone (in 1.5 gallon air-pot/kind of the oddball of the group)
1 Kushage clone (in 1.5 gallon air-pot)

all veg'd for about a week.

Medium/Nutes
Earth Juice amazon bloom soil. 20-25% perlite
EJ nutes (veg, bloom, grand finale, catalyst, molasses)
EJ double up/down
PH'd Distilled water (tap occasionally, let it sit for at least 24hrs to evap chlorine)
Sierra Natural Science fungicide/spider mite control (Big thanks to SNS for the samples and being a part of 420mag!)
water PH is generally 6.4

tent temps are generally 76-78 during the day w/ AC. 79-82 during night w/o AC (lights come on at 10pm/ off at 10am due to earlier temperature issues) past few days have been oddly warm, but i think we are on the cool down as of now so temps should decrease/stabilize soon.

Let me know if i missed anything or youd like more info/pics.

sorry about the poor quality pictures, its a cheap camera and i got as close as i could while staying in focus.

ALSO: the first notable "user error" was today, this morning when the lights went off my CFLs stayed on ALL DAY witch interrupted the light cycle. how much of an issue is this? should i just continue on with my original schedule?

set up.
meds02.jpg

meds1.jpg

Kushage LST.
meds10.jpg

new strain growth.
meds9.jpg

and now for a few of the issues. I have found a few gnats in the tent, I'd assume they are fungal gnats, but not 100%.

the rest of the issues I have pictures of and ANY input would be appreciated.

no.1
meds8.jpg

no.2
meds7.jpg

no.3
meds6.jpg

no.4
meds5.jpg

no.5
meds4.jpg

thanks everyone and I can only hope you enjoy this as much as i am :) :goof:

Re: Greenly's First Grow. 800W/Soil/4x4 Tent/LST/Exclusive Strain?

update. day 13 of flower.

the home.
P10100238.jpg

P10100248.jpg

growth.

P10100226.jpg

P10100218.jpg

Sour saver
P10100209.jpg

P10100209.jpg

P10100178.jpg

P101001612.jpg

P10100149.jpg

P10100139.jpg

after having issues with the landlord the ladies will be moved to a fellow patients house tomorrow. I'm dreading it because its going to be quite the chore and i would imagine its going to stress the plants, but i have to keep this grow going haha ill try to document the process and will monitor them closely post move.

G.

hey greenly ill be following your grow with interest as my first grow is a few weeks behind yours they look pretty sweet, good luck with the move hope it goes without a hitch :goodluck:

welcome big eazy! and thank you for the interest, i wish you the best of luck as well, let me know if you make a journal.

The move went surprisingly well, water/nutes will be mixed and Ph'd this evening, tomorrow evening ill recheck PH and give them a full feeding.

i should also be getting substantially better quality pictures here soon and will try to update regularly.

thanks FFG! yeah given the circumstances the land lord situation could have been worse, but the ladies are settled into their new home and so far are doing well, we took a pretty good temperature drop the past 48hrs, but the lights come on at 10pm (when it starts to get colder) so im hoping that will help keep them warm.

Just fed the ladies.

current recipe is 1tbs EJ veg, 1tbs EJ bloom, 1tbs catalyst per gallon of water. PH was 6.5 and between all of the plants they drank 3 gallons.

will have pics within a week.

also, question for anyone who may know. when they are in the dark period is it safe to open the tent for short periods of time? i.e to feed, foliar spray, or rotate? like for under 10min.

thanks!

hey greenly good to hear there settling in well would love to see some more pics , yeah i have started a thread and i know what you mean about opening the tent i want to be in there 24/7 :yahoo:

Hey Greenly, nice grow you got there. I am like a week behind you so its fun reading about your grow.

Looking good, you for sure did a better job than me keeping them nice and short.

About the light I have read that in the flowering time you are not going to give them any light at all. I have heard about other people ending up with hermies because of light in the dark period.

Hope you end up with some terrific smoke

Big easy- Thanks! it was quite the process but they still seem to be doing fine, the buds are coming in rapidly and I'm trying very hard to get my hands a friends nikon so i can post better looking pictures. More pics no matter what this weekend tho. dude its pretty tough, especially since i cant check on them every morning and night like i used to lol.

Burm- Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for heads up! may have to make some adjustments to the tent, im currently using pasive intake via the flaps and my lights are off during the day.....

and thanks to you too funnystyle, I think i recall reading something about it. green tint on the bedroom windows perhaps? haha na jk i may replace the bulb in the room so i can more easily tend to them outside the tent.

Pics soon and happy growing/smoking everyone!

Lookin good Greenly...I see u trying out the airpots....I think they are great...I flowered my first in a 6 ltr airpot....was my first grow, this time im using 3 ltr and the girls are way bigger...i find u gotta keep on top of the watering cos they do like to drink lots...but then they grow lots too...keep up the good work dude..bp

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom