dudebromandude from Canada trying first CFL grow!

High everyone.
A good friend recently gave me 5 clones that I intended to grow on the back deck this summer. But since we're having the worst start to the summer, I decided to dedicate a closet we have into a little grow.
I've been following this CFL Light Tutorial---> (CFL Light Tutorial) over the past week or so, and felt compelled to build a CFL fixture of my own. I pretty much copied FryingPanFlyer's 8 CFL fixture (who Matagrowa originally came up with, Thanks guys!!)
But I decided to add 2 more lights and go with 10, 42 watt 6500k CFL's to get me started. And plan to change my bulbs up with 6 2700k and 4 6500k bulbs when I go to flowering.
I'm not a complete noobie, but this will be my first indoor grow.
I have access to HPS and MH's but I don't want to deal with a huge elec bill, and have to worry too much about heat, venting, AC, burning down my house, yadda yadda yadda..
So Here I am.
I've been searching around for a good CFL forum to post in here, (since the one I was reading is now closed) but haven't had much luck. This forum is so large, I probably just have to smoke more and do some more searching.. But if anyone could direct me in the right direction I'd be stoked.
I'm planning to start a journal documenting my first grow once I find my way around here.
Thank you 420 magazine in advance! There are so many gifted growers in this forum and I can't wait to learn from you pros. Glad to finally become a part of the brotherhood here.

Hahahah! That was my first post in June..
I'll all good on questions regarding CFL's, I've moved on to hps.

Back
Top Bottom