Durban Poison - Sativa question

Basement Prod

Hi, I was wondering if this looks like Durban Poison, I ask because the leaves don't look Sativa like to me. Perhaps because it is only 60% Sativa or maybe because it is young, just under 3 weeks. Or what I'm afraid of is I got the wrong seeds, that seems to be common from many of the threads I have read. Any opinions?

The hybrids i have grown have all looked like that when they were young. Humidity, nutes and temp can affect it to a degree. Who is the breeder and the seed bank?

To make you feel better. These are all hybrids I am growing now in coco with 3 gallon smart pots. They are about a week and half old. The upper left is Cheese so you would expect and Indica type structure while the upper right is a train wreck which is 60% sativa and the lower right is Girl Scout Cookies (Durban Poison and OK Kush).

They had been growing out in 70-90% humidity while they were seedlings. I just turned off the humidifier yesterday. The next sets of leaves will be more normal. The coco is different than soil obvously but this is how the hybrids that have grown start out.

These are Durban Poison from my first grow, Dutch Passion.

Isn't Durban Poison a landrace strain? It should be 100% Sativa?

Well I ordered Durban Poison from Crop King Seeds and the website stated 90% Sativa, when I got them the package it stated 60% Sativa, when I sent then an email they changed the website to 60% so who knows what it is crossed with and needless to say no reply or apology, I was pretty disappointed as I was looking for a more pure strain.

That was my understanding but like the OP I have seen it on other breeders sites as a hybrid. People seem to throw names around like nothing anymore. A lot of good breeders will state the lineage.

hmmm, i'm growing this strain as well. When i purchased them they were def listed as 90% sativa. It is land race so i was ok with 90 % sativa as sometimes a little afghan is bred in to shorten the flowering time and then it's backcrossed with durban again to stabilize and take on more of the durban traits. 60% durban poison i would have never bought...wtf is this? I paid for 90% sativa...not 60. i work at a grow shop and sell seeds and whenever someone wanted a straight sativa i was recommending this telling people that it was as close to a land race strain and pure sativa that they could find....wow. not cool crop kings.

Also, if you're going to switch up the percentages of what things are you may want to notify your retailers so they aren't lying to customers about your products unknowingly...again, wow

how can the genetics be listed as original durban if original durban is 100% sativa. clearly it is now stated as saliva dom but what else is in there if it's only 60....not only original durban.Please fix this as it makes the industry look like a joke.

says 60 percent sativa in description at top of page and this at the bottom in the other description lol. please fix up.

"Durban Poison is also ideal if you are into the euphoric effects or feelings induced by strains that are predominantly Sativa (Durban Poison is 90% Sativa.). Nothing is better than sitting under a shade and feeling your mood slowly being uplifted by a humble Durban Poison joint. Therefore, this is a strain you would definitely like to have in your arsenal. It has everything covered and takes you on a wild psychedelic ride while boosting your mental faculties."

Thier Green Crack is goofed also cks says indica dom. Wish they’d name it something else there’s no way it can compare to the real GC right?

I don't trust CKS on their listings and to not list average stretch is odd. They are very hesitant to answer genetic questions!

Back
Top Bottom