DWC additives for cloner

I use 5gal DWC buckets. I will from time to time when the water level drops in the bucket and I would normally just add more mix. I will instead suck down even more water with my transfer pump and refill with new mix. So a 80 to 90% change. I never have to wash buckets when using z7. So they always stay in the tent. I veg from 2 to 3 weeks most of the time. Then I will move the bucket full of veg mix into the flower tent and let it work the water level down and then refill with flower mix so it is a blend the first week of flower and then pump off and refill with full flower mix after that.

I got the battery transfer pump on amazon less then $20 and it makes doing dwc buckets very easy.

Hey guys I forgot to ask how often you recommend changing the water and nutrients in the reservoir? Also is there a need to add more Z7 in between rez changes or the initial dose is enough? Thanks again

First of all I'm glad DukeO provided good answers for you on the buckets as I run ebb and flow (flood and drain). I usally change my 20 Gallon reservoir every 2 weeks sometimes longer when I get lazy. I always add z7 at every change and I believe their website wants you to add some every 4-5 days. I found every 7-10 works great for me and It might go longer just haven't pushed it. Anyway hope this helps.
Happy growing. ;)

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the advice. I really appreciate it and I'm going to order some Z 7. I'll be cloning in the next few weeks. I have some DJ short Blueberry x Obama Kush seedlings going. Hopefully they will be big enough for some cuts soon. I'm excited about the new cloning process

I'm excited about the new cloning process

Hey Mi glad to hear it. I'm excited as well for this will be my first time cloning. I have some green house seed co. white widows that I will put into their 3 gallon grow bags (they're in 1 gallon right now) this weekend and flip to 12/12 and take a few clones from them.

20170920_192301.jpg

Hey guys, once your clones have rooted vigorously, exactly how much light do you give them when you first put them in veg? Thanks so much. BTW Z7 looks very promising so far! Oh and the replies you guys gave were perfect as I do both ebb and dwc....

This will be my first time cloning but I'm going to put them under 18/6 like I would seedlings once they have enough roots to go on the table.

I give full veg LED light after roots show and 18/6.

Thanks guys. DukeO, what ppm do you give them when you give them full veg light? I usually start veg with 3 pairs of T12 fluorescents like a foot above and lower them every few days as I slowly raise ppm from 300 to 700 over the course of 2 weeks veg... next time think ill try putting the lights right above them and 500+ ppm from the start. Its been two weeks of Z7 and so far its living up to the hype! Havn't had any more root issues, nothing but fast growth. I was struggling for months until now. If this continues for another two weeks I will be a Z7 user for life. I thought all the reviews on amazon and z7 website were fake until I saw dukeO's posts and finally decided to try it.

Hey guys, probably a question I should have asked from the start but do you guys add Z7 before or after you add your nutrients and PH your mix?
I always add it last, no real reason. Lol

Be sure to add .5mL of Z7 every 2-3 days between nute changes.

I add my z7 last too and also for no reason...

I have found z7 to last between 7 to 10 days.

The only time the water in my buckets last that long is when they are very small.

Just starting DWC, but a quick question...
We have power outages here, and about 3 or 4 times a year, they last 4 - 6 hours. Do you think I might need a battery pump for that length of time, or would there be enough Dissolved O2 for that long?

Just starting DWC, but a quick question...
We have power outages here, and about 3 or 4 times a year, they last 4 - 6 hours. Do you think I might need a battery pump for that length of time, or would there be enough Dissolved O2 for that long?

It sure would not be a bad idea to have some kind of backup air.

I have a 12v to 110 inverter I could use to power pumps if needed.

If that happens a lot, you might think about getting one of those and a deep cell batt.

Then you could power pumps and maybe even a tv or small lights for many hours.

Back
Top Bottom