Making The SH Mistic Cloner

Here's a fogger cloner I threw together. Sterlite 15L (16"x12"x7") storage container. I only put 8 plugs in it as I need more plugs. Plan on going up to 24 sites. It should be an ideal height and fog density.

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_38231.JPG

nice Frosty.

4 days no droop. just waiting for roots now.

That's good. I did a 5 gallon bucket and it was just to tall. The cuttings hung in there until I gave in about 10 days into it, no roots. So I made that "shoebox cloner". Thanks nin.

Don't forget depending on strain and time of cut, some might take longer than others. Patience is key sometimes with clones, as long as their not declining, leave them be.

Here's a fogger cloner I threw together. Sterlite 15L (16"x12"x7") storage container. I only put 8 plugs in it as I need more plugs. Plan on going up to 24 sites. It should be an ideal height and fog density.

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_38231.JPG

Nice Setup Frosty!!! looks real nice, glad you made yourself one!
your going to be a cloning machine in no time!

Don't forget depending on strain and time of cut, some might take longer than others. Patience is key sometimes with clones, as long as their not declining, leave them be.

No worries, I took some of the same strain, put in rockwool and they rooted in that 10 day time period. I throw more clones away then most take. I'm just looking for that super fast root time. I've got a fogger that that must be a super fogger as it likes to heat the water up.

The water was over 85 degrees, so it was too warm. I'm shooting for 75-80. It's just some fine tuning. There is only a 1 1/4 gallons of water so I'll just have to keep my eye on it.

Right, that's another reason to switch out some of the water every once in awhile. I normally just take out two cups or so and replace that. The water I replace it with I add a couple drops of superthrive and a couple ml of clonex solution.

Those foggers DO heat up the water. If your having an issue with it, maybe try putting it on the floor where the heat will be absorbed out of it.

Right, that's another reason to switch out some of the water every once in awhile. I normally just take out two cups or so and replace that. The water I replace it with I add a couple drops of superthrive and a couple ml of clonex solution.

Those foggers DO heat up the water. If your having an issue with it, maybe try putting it on the floor where the heat will be absorbed out of it.

Yes, let the floor be a heat sink.

works wonders for my Deep Water Culture, Hydrofarm, DWC anything really. in my veg room I need a chiller.

well said Jonny, even if I don't see roots within the "window of normal rooting time" I still let them stay in the cloner, and 9/10 times, they root!!

works wonders for my Deep Water Culture, Hydrofarm, DWC anything really. in my veg room I need a chiller.

You prolly already answered this somewhere, but is your chiller inline? or drop in? and if inline, how do you manage it? like if I had lets say, 5 tubs to chill, what do you think would be the best way to chill them all? I'm plannin on redoing my grow when I move, and along with adding your fabulous DIY cloner, I was thinking of using a chiller for my veg area, "moms only" thanx in advanced. =) BTW, i've got a 3rd HP chiller.

You prolly already answered this somewhere, but is your chiller inline? or drop in? and if inline, how do you manage it? like if I had lets say, 5 tubs to chill, what do you think would be the best way to chill them all? I'm plannin on redoing my grow when I move, and along with adding your fabulous DIY cloner, I was thinking of using a chiller for my veg area, "moms only" thanx in advanced. =) BTW, i've got a 3rd HP chiller.

Yes my chiller is inline. I believe I have a pretty detailed description somewhere on here, hold on...

here it is - ph issues in Deep Water Culture

That thread should answer most of your questions about the chiller...

Got mine going....OMG what an ordeal! I now know where every PetSmart is in the Central Florida area! I bought a float off ebay for mine. Put it in and it didn't work so i took it back to PS. They had no more so I got a refund and went to another PS to get a fogger, took it home and still no worky! Of course they only had one on the shelf.....so i had to go to another one to purchase it and took it home. It didn't work!! I am like WTF! Am I not meant to make one of these? Sensor was under water, plugged in fine, even sputtered a couple times and quit.
Finally it dawned on my high self that the float had too much styrofoam in it. Cut about a half inch of the foam, set it back in and she worked fine! Chalk on up for stupid!
Start 'er up....
IMG_2628.JPG

and it's going good....
IMG_2630.JPG

Thx JBT!

Got mine going....OMG what an ordeal! I now know where every PetSmart is in the Central Florida area! I bought a float off ebay for mine. Put it in and it didn't work so i took it back to PS. They had no more so I got a refund and went to another PS to get a fogger, took it home and still no worky! Of course they only had one on the shelf.....so i had to go to another one to purchase it and took it home. It didn't work!! I am like WTF! Am I not meant to make one of these? Sensor was under water, plugged in fine, even sputtered a couple times and quit.
Finally it dawned on my high self that the float had too much styrofoam in it. Cut about a half inch of the foam, set it back in and she worked fine! Chalk on up for stupid!
Start 'er up....
IMG_2628.JPG

and it's going good....
IMG_2630.JPG

Thx JBT!

Cool man, yeah that little bar thing is a float switch that automatically shuts off the unit so if there isn't enough water the ceramic disc won't vibrate. Therefore extending it's life. Glad you got it figured out. :grinjoint:

oh and put duct tape or something over that notch you cut in the bucket. It doesn't sound like much but it will work much better if no mist is allowed to escape. Unless its purposely escaping into a humidity dome on top.

Man these things are touchy huh? Mine keeps wanting to go out and stop making fog?!?!? Maybe my water is too hard?

I don't have clones in it yet, just testing it out. But the fact that it keeps going out bothers me. Am I doing something wrong? I soaked it in 50/50 water vinager. Thing is brand new and worked fine last night. It's under water far enough but not too deep. I am lost.

Back
Top Bottom