Making The SH Mistic Cloner

Made a similar one yesterday. I used an old 5 gallon bucket setup from years ago. I already had 10 holes drilled in the lid top. Used the mister from an old decorative house thingy, which I just looked at the fogger link from Jonny and it is actually a pretty good unit, has the led lights but there is a switch to turn off the lights. yeah. So I threw it in the bucket and took 9 clones. This morning 8 of em look like they have a chance. I had to trim back a mom yesterday so I had cuttings that should not be considered cuttings (hardwood) just to see. So far so good! +++++++ again, thanks for sharing.:thanks::surf:

Awesome! yeah the five gallon buckets work well. Check to make sure a good amount of mist is reaching the bottoms of the clones, they should always have a drip of water hanging off. If they don't they have an embolism and will either not make it or be stunted. So try and keep the water level pretty close to the shut off float valve. Withing a 1/2 inch or so I've found to be the best. Another reason why I like the tub is it's shallow. So the fog is generated inches below the cuts. The fog really envelopes the cuts which encourages such prolific rooting.

I've seen the fogger units at the makeshift halloween stores that pop into the mall for a month and disappear, and right at or after Halloween when they have their clearance sales I've seen the foggers for $5 or less. Should of bought a bunch.
oh well - always next year - mark your calender ;)

The five gallon bucket is kinda tall, but willing to give it a shot. I report back on the success. If it doesn't work the first time, I'll blame it on the clones cause I took hardwood just to see for fun. If it works that will say a lot about the cloner, but the next clones will be good choice cuttings. I might try to get a three gallon bucket, but I'm holding off.

I'm happy this subject came up, cause I had all the parts but lacking the inspiration. Now I have a cloner.:amen:

The five gallon bucket is kinda tall, but willing to give it a shot. I report back on the success. If it doesn't work the first time, I'll blame it on the clones cause I took hardwood just to see for fun. If it works that will say a lot about the cloner, but the next clones will be good choice cuttings. I might try to get a three gallon bucket, but I'm holding off.

I'm happy this subject came up, cause I had all the parts but lacking the inspiration. Now I have a cloner.:amen:

I take hardwood cuttings all the time, just slightly scrape back the cambium a little bit, say a 1/2 inch or so down to the bottom before you dip in the gel, I suggest scraping underwater, as that's what I do by habit and has worked great for me.

JonnyBtreed, you have a great cloner! :peace:

Why thank you CocoJoe appreciate that. But the real credit goes to the guys over at Stealth Hydro for the design. They're the creators of the unit.

Very nice cloner and post Jonny!!! I thought about building that setup before I built my aero cloner, but went with the pvc manifold sprayer design. I might make one of these and do a side by side comparison. I have all the parts already, just need a fogger. Your results look great my friend!

:ganjamon::goodjob::ganjamon:

Very nice cloner and post Jonny!!! I thought about building that setup before I built my aero cloner, but went with the pvc manifold sprayer design. I might make one of these and do a side by side comparison. I have all the parts already, just need a fogger. Your results look great my friend!

:ganjamon::goodjob::ganjamon:

Well thanks man.

I'm very happy with the results.

Are you able to keep this in the same area as your plants? or will it affect humidity and such too much?

SG

I try to keep my veg room at about 45-50% humidity. They seem to do fine with that. If you have a big plastic hood that will fit over it nicely, put that on and pull out a neoprene plug and it will fill it up with mist and you'll have it at 100% humidity for as long a you need.

Take the cut long, about six inches at least if possible. Then put it right in the water with the superthrive, take your scissors and make a cut a 1/2 inch up, then another cut 1'' higher. Then take out the cutting and immediately submerse it in the gel. Many people say you don't need gel or a rooting compound in an aeroponic cloning system but I do anyways. I lose 1 out of 15-20 clones or so as long as I keep on top of things.

ok, so, im a little confused on your method. the 2nd and 3rd cuts are what are throwing me off. where do you make these in relation to the internodes? what angle/direction are they made at?

thanks in advance. (i'm also posting in the show off your bp thread shortly with a few more questions.)

Take the cut long, about six inches at least if possible. Then put it right in the water with the superthrive, take your scissors and make a cut a 1/2 inch up, then another cut 1'' higher. Then take out the cutting and immediately submerse it in the gel. Many people say you don't need gel or a rooting compound in an aeroponic cloning system but I do anyways. I lose 1 out of 15-20 clones or so as long as I keep on top of things.

ok, so, im a little confused on your method. the 2nd and 3rd cuts are what are throwing me off. where do you make these in relation to the internodes? what angle/direction are they made at?

thanks in advance. (i'm also posting in the show off your bp thread shortly with a few more questions.)

It really doesn't matter in an aeroponic system. You take the cut over the two new growth areas for the simple reason that two new shoots will replace the one you took. The spots the cuts are made after are irrelevant as long as you have enough stem and two sets of leaf, you'll be fine. As I said I neglected to take pictures of a recent cut illistrating the method, but I will (as soon as room permits) be doing a Cloning into the BP or DWC system very shortly and when i do I will go into great detail on the actual cutting and process of taking the cut and prepearing it for the rockwool cube or neoprene sleeve.

awesome! thanks man. *subscribed*

Back
Top Bottom