First Time Aeroponics Cloner: Need Guidance

Do you use cloning gel with an aeroponics cloner?

• Total voters

JoeDaddy77

Hey 420 mag fam :Namaste:

I finally got myself an aeroponics cloner (Clone king 36), while I have done a few clones before, they've always just been with Rapid rooters in a seedling tray and I've had a 50% success rate that way. I was tired of the clones looking ugly even if they did make, so I broke out the wallet and got the cloner. I got the 36 site bc the 24 site and 36 site were the same price. I have several questions already that I was hoping you beautiful people could help me with along the way. Plus, this will be a good guide for allnyone else to see what kind of results the cloner can produce, even for a new. Here's some pics of it. I've already took 8 clones. 4 Super Skunk and 4 Gold Leaf (both from 420), I used cloning gel this time, but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to with aeroponics?

Another question I have already is about the neoprene inserts, I've never used these before so if I grow them in my DWC buckets I usually use the rapid rooters, can I put them into a rapid rooter AFTER the have roots and how if so? These were just cut today so I'll post pics every other day or so to see progress. Anyone advice is greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a wonderful day and take care of each other. :thumb:

Day 2 clone king 36

I put something next to the "learner's" to hold them upright. Pics of top and bottom. I have to unplug the machine to look inside bc it will spray everywhere if you leave it on and open it.

Day 4
20201025_140327.jpg

20201025_140306.jpg

20201025_140247.jpg

20201025_135648.jpg

I see maybe one white nub that might be the start of a root. The other things your seeing that look like they might be starts I'm almost certain are left from when I trimmed the 3rd row of leaves off and didn't get all of it. The tops still look green and pristine.

Here's a couple pics of how I've been doing clones before the clone king 36. I had started 8 bout a week before I decided to order the clone king 36. I used clone gel and rapid rooters in a seedling start tray with a dome, this dome is only a couple inches tall, so it is not made for cuttings. I just been making due with what I had. I would mist them for the first few days and the dome then remove the dome after 3 days. I was lucky to get 50% of them to make it. The ones that do always have yellowing of the leaves and some necrosis by the time they are ready to uplant and then would usually have an initial stalled grow rate, or at least sub par.
20201025_140218.jpg

20201025_140152.jpg

I want to get as good as possible at cloning as I can so I can someday move into breeding.
Feel free to comment here with any and all suggestions or feel free to click on my Joedaddy77 Perpetual Playhouse journal bc I will have to topic going into that journal for as much help as I can get.

I had zero luck with an aero cloner. But to speak on the rapid rooter, you should be taking healthy clones, cutting them at a 45 degree angle ON a node, scraping the outside layer of the stem gently with a razor blade about a inch up, dipping in horomone, and then into the rooters and keep the moist/wet. No need to cut the fan leaves like you are doing. 100% success rate.

Back
Top Bottom