First Timer DWC Grow Of Jack Herer & Critical Purple Kush

Lindseywink

Hey all! This is my first grow ever, as well as my first journal. Medical just became legal in my state and I have my card so I'm very excited to start this grow. Let me preface by saying that if I'm lacking any detail info down below please let me know. I just joined the community and it has already been a great experience with so much help from the members. I wanted to start a journal for anyone interested to follow along/give advice.

I have a closet tent setup ventilating into my attic. I germinated 4 seeds, 2 Jack Herer and 2 Critical Purple Kush, soaking in a cup of water for 24 Hours, and then transplanting to a wet paper towel. Once they sprouted which was just a few hours, I moved them to Rapid Rooters. They sprouted up within a day and the roots grew out of the bottom within 3 days. It's been 5 days total since I started and I just moved them into the Hydroponic system today because the bottom root was poking out of the Rapid Rooter by several inches. My setup consists of 4x 5 Gallon Buckets with netpots and Hydroton. I placed the Rapid Rooters into the center of the hydroton. I'll attach some photos, I'm watiting on the 4th netpot from amazon so only 3 of the babies have been transported so far. I can see visible growth just today since I transported them about 7 hours ago, it's pretty amazing.
IMG_20190103_150955.jpgIMG_20190103_215349.jpgIMG_20190103_215351.jpg

Bucket Size - 5 gallon
Medium - Rapid Rooters in Hydroton in Hydroponic DWC
Lights - (1) 600 Watt LED - VIPARSPECTRA
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Kit + Hydroguard
Strain(s) - Jack Herer & Critical Purple Kush

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:
Hey there. Yes it's still going strong. I just switched to flowering. I'll attach some photos!

Attachments

• IMG_20190207_135915.jpg
    IMG_20190207_135915.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 192
Hey guys! I'm about two weeks from harvest now. I am not seeing any amber trichomes yet, but according to the strain info that y should be harvestable in two more weeks. I haven't been the best at updating but here are a few photos of how everything is growing! I'll get some more to show you the scale later today!

Attachments

• IMG_20190317_193651.jpg
    IMG_20190317_193651.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20190317_193626.jpg
    IMG_20190317_193626.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20190317_193605.jpg
    IMG_20190317_193605.jpg
    781.5 KB · Views: 186
Hi there, at aprox 2 weeks out from harvest I wouldnt be removing any buds at all. As far as trich development, dont really trust what it says for flowering time. Trust your eyes and knowledge of how developed you like things. I like more of a couch lock heavy hitter so I go for aprox 50% amber. Each strain is different as you know, but it goes further. Each pheno of each strain is different therefore its tough to give an accurate flowering window. With all that being said, things look great! Good work and Happy Growing!

Edit: As for flushing, I just stop adding nutrients about a week and a half out from my estimated harvest window. If the res level drops I add fresh water and ph as needed. I like keeping things simple. I dont even change my res out at all during my entire cycle. Seed to harvest. I let them drink and adjust ppm and PH accordingly while topping up. Less shock the better. If something goes wrong, then Ill change my res.

@420BudzFreak good looks man! Thanks for the help.

I haven't read it but someone suggested that this journal might have more info you are looking for. Thought yout might wanna check it out.

Hi there, at aprox 2 weeks out from harvest I wouldnt be removing any buds at all. As far as trich development, dont really trust what it says for flowering time. Trust your eyes and knowledge of how developed you like things. I like more of a couch lock heavy hitter so I go for aprox 50% amber. Each strain is different as you know, but it goes further. Each pheno of each strain is different therefore its tough to give an accurate flowering window. With all that being said, things look great! Good work and Happy Growing!

Edit: As for flushing, I just stop adding nutrients about a week and a half out from my estimated harvest window. If the res level drops I add fresh water and ph as needed. I like keeping things simple. I dont even change my res out at all during my entire cycle. Seed to harvest. I let them drink and adjust ppm and PH accordingly while topping up. Less shock the better. If something goes wrong, then Ill change my res.
Thanks so much for the in depth answer! That's interesting you don't change the res, I thought I had to! But I had more than a few mishaps when changing it and I think I'll take your advice for the next batch. This is my first grow so I'm no sure how to eye the trichomes, idk what I prefer yet .

Thanks so much for the in depth answer! That's interesting you don't change the res, I thought I had to! But I had more than a few mishaps when changing it and I think I'll take your advice for the next batch. This is my first grow so I'm no sure how to eye the trichomes, idk what I prefer yet .
Do you smoke? If so, what kind of high do you prefer? Functional, heady, fast paced? Or Kick in the head, stoned, sit on the couch? Or a mix? The more amber trichs you get, the more of a "couch" lock heavy high youll get. Less amber means a more heady, racey high. Hope some of this helps. Theres tons of knowledge around here. Feel free to ask any questions.

As for the res, theres no need to swap everything out if theres nothing wrong. Topping up with nutes to get to desired ppm is all Ive found I need to do. My plants seem to always be happy, so I wont change that. This is just my personal preference and way to grow. Why dump out perfectly good nutes? Check out my current journal if youd like to see my plants :)

Do you smoke? If so, what kind of high do you prefer? Functional, heady, fast paced? Or Kick in the head, stoned, sit on the couch? Or a mix? The more amber trichs you get, the more of a "couch" lock heavy high youll get. Less amber means a more heady, racey high. Hope some of this helps. Theres tons of knowledge around here. Feel free to ask any questions.

As for the res, theres no need to swap everything out if theres nothing wrong. Topping up with nutes to get to desired ppm is all Ive found I need to do. My plants seem to always be happy, so I wont change that. This is just my personal preference and way to grow. Why dump out perfectly good nutes? Check out my current journal if youd like to see my plants :)
I'll definately check out your journal. Yes I smoke, I guess I like the body high/relaxation/euphoria without being anxiety provoking. Would you say about 40% amber? I'm going to do some research on checking the ppm for next grow .

I'll definately check out your journal. Yes I smoke, I guess I like the body high/relaxation/euphoria without being anxiety provoking. Would you say about 40% amber? I'm going to do some research on checking the ppm for next grow .
Each strain is different. Best thing to do is pull off a bud at each stage and test :) Then you get a feel for the sweet spot on that strain for next time you grow it.

Back
Top Bottom