Zurple's DWC Bag Seed Grow Journal, 2019

zurple

This is my first grow, so I apologize for all of the random questions to come.

Strain: unknown
Stage: seedling/veg
Medium: clay pebbles
Tent size: 2' x 4' Tent (69" between light and floor)
Light: (1) Timber 4VL (425 Watt 3500k Vero29 Gen 7 COB LED)
Bucket size: 5 gallon DWC buckets - 6" baskets - clay pebbles
Ventilation: AC Infinity T4 with carbon Phresh Filter
Nutes: Fox farms hydro trio, cal/mag, Hydroguard
Plant count: 3

Notes:

Germination: Seed soak started 7/27, placed in wet napkin 7/28 and roots were showing 7/29.
Placing in rapid rooter cubes this evening and placing them under a light.

I don't have a dome to place these under after I place them in the rapid rooters. Can I go ahead and place them in their buckets with ph balanced tap water to get started, and place a clear plastic cup over them? I only have the lights in the tent.

Pictures coming soon....

So, this morning I placed the germinated seedlings into the rapid rooter plugs. These plugs sort of sucked and i won't use them next time. They are crumbly and doesn't seem to be an ideal medium for me.

The main reason I'm frustrated is that the seedlings were growing into the paper towels, so I had to touch them to move them, so I'm afraid I may have messed them up. In a day or so, we will know.

I wasn't sure how close to use the lights, so they are about 60" from the lights. I'm watching the tent temp and humidity. Currently, it is 75.6 degrees and 55% humidity in the tent. I'm sure the seedlings under their clear cups is higher than the tent.

My next grow will be with a different plug, and I am going to start them inside the plugs instead of the paper towels. I will also get one of those humidity tray thingies.

Will me touching them without tweezers going to hurt them?

I know there are wires running everywhere like crazy, but I am still making adjustments. The fan is sucking the sides in as planned, so I'm excited everything is working like it should. This tent is in a room with no windows, and off from a room no one uses, so it stays 100% dark outside the tent at all time.

I may place a portable ac unit in the room, but not the tent, if I can't keep my dwc water temp under control.

I am thinking about going ahead and sitting the plugs into their buckets, and then sit the cups upside down over them until they're ready to grow without the domes. Is this a good idea?

If you take another cup, put it upside down over the cup, that will create a dome for you.

I’m in and will follow along. What was your question about tweezers? Trying to pluck off the seed casting?

No, I was concerned that I touched the seedlings with my fingers. I was in a hurry and didn't have tweezers.

Also, one of the seed shells fell off. I am hoping I didn't do any damage?

One last question before I head off to work. What size drill bit should I use for the holes for the air hose?

Surely, this grow log will get some traction soon. I really need a few questions answered above before I proceed.

Hi mate iv touched the seedlings before. I don't think the oils from your skin do any damage if ur careful when u moved your seedlings. I had to do it a couple of times before and they was fine. Aa for the lights iv never used any other than hps so cant answer that but as long as the temps not too high u should be fine. Get ur p.h sorted. And the right nute mix for your seedlings ready and your plain sailing. Ur doing what I used to do alot. Panic about nothing. Ul be fine. The fact that ur asking these questions means ur gunna look after them right. Even the most experience growers, get sidetracked or things dont go quite as plan. But weed is a weed. Its resilient, handles and even likes stressful situations. Ul be fine bro. I'm still a beginner too. Only got about 7 crops under my belt but. If I can help at all I will. The frequently asked question forum is always packed. Single out your questions and put them up in there. Look at the members and messages in the category. Its packs. Also u can search key words and it will pick up the threads that contain the same words. Never no might get lucky

Hi mate iv touched the seedlings before. I don't think the oils from your skin do any damage if ur careful when u moved your seedlings. I had to do it a couple of times before and they was fine. Aa for the lights iv never used any other than hps so cant answer that but as long as the temps not too high u should be fine. Get ur p.h sorted. And the right nute mix for your seedlings ready and your plain sailing. Ur doing what I used to do alot. Panic about nothing. Ul be fine. The fact that ur asking these questions means ur gunna look after them right. Even the most experience growers, get sidetracked or things dont go quite as plan. But weed is a weed. Its resilient, handles and even likes stressful situations. Ul be fine bro. I'm still a beginner too. Only got about 7 crops under my belt but. If I can help at all I will. The frequently asked question forum is always packed. Single out your questions and put them up in there. Look at the members and messages in the category. Its packs. Also u can search key words and it will pick up the threads that contain the same words. Never no might get lucky
I thought we don't add nutes until it had 3 or 4 sets of leaves?

I started with with a seedling nutrient nore or less straight away in my current coco grow. U should be fine in soil without them like you say. If your media is rich with the things that plant needs. You will be alright using just water, for the very start

I started with with a seedling nutrient nore or less straight away in my current coco grow. U should be fine in soil without them like you say. If your media is rich with the things that plant needs. You will be alright using just water, for the very start
This is going to be a dwc system, so no soil.

Back
Top Bottom