Sp4z, Spaz: GG #4 First Time Grower

Thank you for those kind words!

I love absorbing information and I read Two books and lurked on this forum and a sister site for a little while before jumping into this hobby.

I wish I had spent more time researching different nutes/ferts but I'll be going with either jacks or MC my next go around with RO water in a RDWC. Not that I'm NOT happy with GH but I feel like it's easier/cheaper to go with a single mix instead of trying to balance a bunch of stuff.

Now if only I can convince my better half that it's worth purchasing a new tent/light so that I can convert this one into a mother/clone/veg tent. :yahoo:

Thank you for the comment and for reading!

I topped after the 4th node once I saw #5 start coming in - Next time I'll be waiting for #6 to come out before dropping down to the 4th again I think.

That is a good idea to see what works better, I sort of did a combination of LST and topping - I trained the first 2 nodes out and left the next two to do their thing. I did the same thing to each of the girls though and didn't really vary between them.

with my next run I think I'll be doing something similar but I'll try to LST all of the main ones out..

Thought I'd grab a couple of flower shots

20210913_200716.jpg

20210913_201058.jpg

BONUS PIC

I'm making some Concentrate via QWET (I usually make cannasugar but decided to try this)

20210913_070612.jpg

You’re crushing it! :yummy:

I'm hoping I continue on this path, I definitely feel a great love for this hobby!

Your canopy is nice and even and the flower is looking nice!

One of my goals was to keep it nice and even - I'm unsure what I did to cause the two in front to be taller than the two in back, or if it was even something I did, possibly genetic differences from the RIL?

Thank you for looking!

Temps are remaining between 81-73 day/night
RH is relatively stable from 53-57 at day/night
pH is 6.1 at the bottom of the pots and 5.8 in the rez
I just raised the light (and angled it slightly) so that each canopy is ~12 inches away
They are getting ~39-45 DLI depending on location
VPD should be staying between about .9-1.2 based on the chart.

I noticed the lady on the bottom left has started to have some browning in the pistils (last photo)
Is this an indicator to stage of flower? I haven't seen much on the different flowering stages but I'm absolutely sure there is material out there.
20210921_213559.jpg
20210921_213608.jpg
20210921_213626.jpg
20210921_213649.jpg
20210921_213719.jpg

Luscious! :drool:

The pistils will age and shrivel in about the same progression as they developed - first ones to emerge - first ones to enter senescence. The thing to watch for is the decrease in production - which will likely result in more looking orange/brown than white.
Then, when she quits drinking...

The pistils will age and shrivel in about the same progression as they developed - first ones to emerge - first ones to enter senescence. The thing to watch for is the decrease in production - which will likely result in more looking orange/brown than white.

Thank you FelipeBlu, the senescence makes sense ;)

When you say "quits drinking". There will be a noticeable dropoff in the amount of water intake and this is a prime indicator?

I haven't come across that bit of information, I believe they are taking about 1/2 - 1 gallon a day right now. I seem to be filling the rez everything 4-5 days.

When you say "quits drinking". There will be a noticeable dropoff in the amount of water intake and this is a prime indicator?
Yes indeed - it’s what I use. When she stops drinking, what else is going to happen? She’s done.

Yes indeed - it’s what I use. When she stops drinking, what else is going to happen? She’s done.

I can't believe I haven't read about that yet - It makes a lot of sense though! I'm already paying attention to water intake but now I'll KNOW what the change will tell me.

Thank you so much for the info!

Actually, I misspoke - something will happen - if you leave a plant that has stopped drinking in a pot full of saturated media, the roots will start to rot. This could definitely affect the plant in a negative way. When she goes from daily (or more often) to less than once every 3-4 days - it’s harvest time for mine.

Interesting....I'm using a device that meters out the water to my plants. One of it's features is a chart on the mobile app. I'll have to pay attention to that chart as my plants come to the end of flower and watch their water intake drop off.
Screenshot_20210713-062809_Blynk_IoT_1080x1165.jpg

Back
Top Bottom