Zurple's DWC Bag Seed Grow Journal, 2019

7/31 update...

Tent environment is 74 degrees & 55% humidity. The room connected to the area where the tent is has a AC unit set at 72 degrees. I am considering getting a mobile AC unit for the tent room, but not in the tent. This should help me keep the water temps managed, but I am also going to use Hydroguard.

1 of the 3 plants is started to show up through the rapid rooter.

I still have the light dimmed and about 60" away from them at the moment. I will lower it to 30" this evening.

I have 3 5 gallon buckets sitting with tap water from yesterday to let the chlorine evaporate. I am hoping to get the RR plugs into them and running this evening.

Nice setup. I'm in.

So, I am preparing by DWC buckets for their first voyage. I am a little confused about adding anything other than ph adjusted water in the 5.8 range. My seedlings are just now popping up through their rapid rooters and I want to transfer them into the buckets.

I will be using Fox Farms hydro nutrients, Hydroguard & Gringo Rasta cal/mag. This is all that I have purchased so far, and I have my ph up & down solutions.

I understand that everyone says to use the FF trio at 1/4 - 1/2 of what their schedule says to use.

So, should I start with 1/4 nutes, some cal/mag and the Hydroguard right off the bat for new seedlings?

Hopefully, someone here is doing hydroponics and can assist me. My grow room details are in my signature. Thanks

I have my lights dimmed down and showing 900 lux at the top of the buckets. I don't have a par meter, so I am not certain if this is adequate?

I also had bottom roots, so I adjusted the ph to 5.8 and placed the seedlings into their buckets. 1 of the 3 has their starter leaves so far, so no nutes in yet, but I am thinking about doing that this Sunday. Too soon?

Back
Top Bottom