DWC - Having trouble with my ladies! Need help!

Hey friend, I'm new to dwc and literally almost killed my girls, put them back in soil then back in hydro and almost killed again. I was given the same lists of things to buy and all that but the best advice was calmag- simple as it is, it was the solution to my problem and looks like it will serve your issue too. Now, ph is under control, my nutes and calmag seem to help keep ph good and my only issue is having to fill a gallon of water every two days. You should have little issues if you keep ppm light to start and include calmag with every feeding.

Sent from mikeytv

Hey friend, I'm new to dwc and literally almost killed my girls, put them back in soil then back in hydro and almost killed again. I was given the same lists of things to buy and all that but the best advice was calmag- simple as it is, it was the solution to my problem and looks like it will serve your issue too. Now, ph is under control, my nutes and calmag seem to help keep ph good and my only issue is having to fill a gallon of water every two days. You should have little issues if you keep ppm light to start and include calmag with every feeding.

Sent from mikeytv

Thank you my friend! So my major problem was cheap pH meter and it is solved, now all my babies look healthy or getting healthier, soon i will post new photos maybe tomorrow =)

Thank you!

Sent from my GT-I9301Q using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you my friend! So my major problem was cheap pH meter and it is solved, now all my babies look healthy or getting healthier, soon i will post new photos maybe tomorrow =)

Thank you! .

Ph was my biggest indicator too (along with my leaves yellowing/ whitening.).
I started my dwc without nutes or a ph tester or anything other than pumps and an air stone. Coming from successful soil grows felt it would be fun and a faster grow. Can't say I still agree but may try again with a more controlled grow. This one started with 3 inch pots- highly suggest they changed quickly- also the 5 gallons buckets really are a better setup. The totes- I also have used- are just cumbersome and if there is an issue- it will hurt all of the girls as opposed to just the one.
My soil grows trunks are double the size of my dwc which just surprises me. I thought dwc would be faster in every way.
Anyhoo... I do love this stuff!

Sent from mikeytv

Ph was my biggest indicator too (along with my leaves yellowing/ whitening.).
I started my dwc without nutes or a ph tester or anything other than pumps and an air stone. Coming from successful soil grows felt it would be fun and a faster grow. Can't say I still agree but may try again with a more controlled grow. This one started with 3 inch pots- highly suggest they changed quickly- also the 5 gallons buckets really are a better setup. The totes- I also have used- are just cumbersome and if there is an issue- it will hurt all of the girls as opposed to just the one.
My soil grows trunks are double the size of my dwc which just surprises me. I thought dwc would be faster in every way.
Anyhoo... I do love this stuff!

Sent from mikeytv
I did it in 2012, 3 Times with DWC and also i tried soil once. Also i used hydroponics with my aqua plants, i experinced that DWC is really fast and actually it is very easy than soil for me! In DWC i can control everything, i can see all root system! Exc. And it is so clean. My problem was about money... (ph meter) my old old ph meter died and i couldn't buy a good one and more... What ever if you do it right like you do in soil, you will see the growing of your girls with you naked eyes! I saw that growing, after i changed the reservoir in the morning, when i check after a few hours later i could see the changes and it was fun!

I did it in 2012, 3 Times with DWC and also i tried soil once. Also i used hydroponics with my aqua plants, i experinced that DWC is really fast and actually it is very easy than soil for me! In DWC i can control everything, i can see all root system! Exc. And it is so clean. My problem was about money... (ph meter) my old old ph meter died and i couldn't buy a good one and more... What ever if you do it right like you do in soil, you will see the growing of your girls with you naked eyes! I saw that growing, after i changed the reservoir in the morning, when i check after a few hours later i could see the changes and it was fun! .

You're killing me! I have been thinking about a two or 4 system with a central res pumping To each. I do wonder if I started all things being totally equal would the dwc grow faster. I'm to believe it would but I'm just not seeing it. I'm back and forth- I love the idea but like how simple the soil is. Also like that I can leave my soil for a week and not worry about them. My dwc makes me worry.
420-magazine-mobile977941337.jpg

These are my healthiest of my dwc and it's 3 in 3 inch in a large tote. I have a fill and level meter in front to make it easier to check but it's running a good gallon low every day or two.
My soil gives me more time to mess up.

Sent from mikeytv

You're killing me! I have been thinking about a two or 4 system with a central res pumping To each. I do wonder if I started all things being totally equal would the dwc grow faster. I'm to believe it would but I'm just not seeing it. I'm back and forth- I love the idea but like how simple the soil is. Also like that I can leave my soil for a week and not worry about them. My dwc makes me worry.
420-magazine-mobile977941337.jpg

These are my healthiest of my dwc and it's 3 in 3 inch in a large tote. I have a fill and level meter in front to make it easier to check but it's running a good gallon low every day or two.
My soil gives me more time to mess up.

Sent from mikeytv

So you are right about worry part, i'm sure everyone in hydro worries =D and you know that you're in 12/12 cycle, i mean fastest part is in past(18/6) i experinced that the fast growing cycle was like that for me i chamge the res. Add nutes and girls gets fast for the 3-4 days, so now i can understand they were need more minerals, when you do it a few more times without fear you'll find the right combination for you and for your girls! And you can make automatic filling to reservoir water, it is easy just hang a big enough bottle and a hose to the exact level you want! No offense please just giving you an idea that i did it and succeed!

Hello there! Today i changed my res. Water, added same amounts of nutrients. Ec:0.30mS PH:5,5-6,5 mostly 5.8-6.0

So new one getting bigger everyday and i just eliminated some old and crippled ones and i can see a sign but i'm not able to understand well, check the pictures please!
Thank you

This is new born and looks good in the root side
420-magazine-mobile324245953.jpg

This is the same plant upper side
420-magazine-mobile342887641.jpg

And this one is another and you can see the signs
420-magazine-mobile605102028.jpg

What do they need? Iron?
5 liters RO water, Flora series soft water
Grow 1ml
Bloom 0.4ml
Micro 0.8ml
Diamond Nectar 7ml
Bioroot 10 drops

So this how i mix the nuts and it was slighly same with the last time

Cal mag. Looks like you are lacking calmag- I had same issues. And why do you have 4 plants in the same little net pot? These multiple pot systems are good for early veg but to grow to flower, you will either be changing res daily if not more often or you will have runts.
One plant per pot or you will get roots inter tangled and it becomes a mess. Plus your dominant plants will take the lions share of nutes and water. Consider thinning the herd or get some 5 gallon buckets and make 2-4 dwc using a 4-6 in net pot each. And one plant per. Scrog and manifold and you can do with one what you could do with 3. My next grow will be 1-3 and I am hoping to scrog so I can harvest as much with much fewer plants. Good luck and have fun. Once you get through the growing pains they will thrive!

Sent from mikeytv

Cal mag. Looks like you are lacking calmag- I had same issues. And why do you have 4 plants in the same little net pot? These multiple pot systems are good for early veg but to grow to flower, you will either be changing res daily if not more often or you will have runts.
One plant per pot or you will get roots inter tangled and it becomes a mess. Plus your dominant plants will take the lions share of nutes and water. Consider thinning the herd or get some 5 gallon buckets and make 2-4 dwc using a 4-6 in net pot each. And one plant per. Scrog and manifold and you can do with one what you could do with 3. My next grow will be 1-3 and I am hoping to scrog so I can harvest as much with much fewer plants. Good luck and have fun. Once you get through the growing pains they will thrive!

Sent from mikeytv
Thank you fast return mate! I'm on a late stage of an experiment that's why there are too much plant so today i took some of them and seperated that 4 and 2 plants in same pots and also my plan is to continue with max 5 plants with sgrog also these are regular seeds with noname.
So if they are lacked Cal. Mag. What should i do? What is your advice mate?

Thank you fast return mate! I'm on a late stage of an experiment that's why there are too much plant so today i took some of them and seperated that 4 and 2 plants in same pots and also my plan is to continue with max 5 plants with sgrog also these are regular seeds with noname.
So if they are lacked Cal. Mag. What should i do? What is your advice mate?

Get calmag- add calmag. lol it's that easy. Just order some hydro calmag. Its not pricey but necessary. It made the world of difference for me. Just add as instructed- start with quarter or half just like you should with your nutes. At this early stage- definitely go light until they start getting some real foliage but you will see her green up and stop the dying leaves.
I am at about 1000ppm so for me I add about 3ml/ gallon to my hydro and soil each feeding. It doesn't sound like a lot but a lot goes along way. I use gh 3 part so I just do the three part plus calmag.
Take your time. Continue to separate plants as they grow the roots will become a giant if you don't handle it early. 5 plants scrogged will be more than enough imo for my needs. But I tell you. I have 3 soil plants that are scrogged to about 2x3 and my dwc (one 3 - 3" net pot tote and 2 5 gallon dwc. But the 2 dwc are plants that have been through hell and back so they are more to learn from. My 3 in the tote are thriving well and scrogged and mainlined like crazy!
420-magazine-mobile593487538.jpg

The right half is my dwc- left are 3 plants scrogged. This is about a 5x2 scrog net and it's filled. Now I don't know how big my colas will be. My first grow had solid big colas but there was no training. My last had very little training but colas were big but a little airy. I feel I addressed most issues from past and am hoping for heavy dense and fat buds...
but I will always scrog from now on. It takes longer but yields greater and I prefer slower grows over short grows with lower yields. Just my preference.
Hope all this helps.

Sent from mikeytv

Get calmag- add calmag. lol it's that easy. Just order some hydro calmag. Its not pricey but necessary. It made the world of difference for me. Just add as instructed- start with quarter or half just like you should with your nutes. At this early stage- definitely go light until they start getting some real foliage but you will see her green up and stop the dying leaves.
I am at about 1000ppm so for me I add about 3ml/ gallon to my hydro and soil each feeding. It doesn't sound like a lot but a lot goes along way. I use gh 3 part so I just do the three part plus calmag.
Take your time. Continue to separate plants as they grow the roots will become a giant if you don't handle it early. 5 plants scrogged will be more than enough imo for my needs. But I tell you. I have 3 soil plants that are scrogged to about 2x3 and my dwc (one 3 - 3" net pot tote and 2 5 gallon dwc. But the 2 dwc are plants that have been through hell and back so they are more to learn from. My 3 in the tote are thriving well and scrogged and mainlined like crazy!
420-magazine-mobile593487538.jpg

The right half is my dwc- left are 3 plants scrogged. This is about a 5x2 scrog net and it's filled. Now I don't know how big my colas will be. My first grow had solid big colas but there was no training. My last had very little training but colas were big but a little airy. I feel I addressed most issues from past and am hoping for heavy dense and fat buds...
but I will always scrog from now on. It takes longer but yields greater and I prefer slower grows over short grows with lower yields. Just my preference.
Hope all this helps.

Sent from mikeytv
I just have this option in the market, i think it will do the job without doubt?

420-magazine-mobile12759373.jpg

This is a liquid nute? If so, it should be good. Would like to get some other input though.. I buy through amazon as I'm a distance away from a hydro store. All said, assuming it's liquid- this should be what you need. Again, I think I paid under 15 for my calmag via amazon.

Sent from mikeytv

This is a liquid nute? If so, it should be good. Would like to get some other input though.. I buy through amazon as I'm a distance away from a hydro store. All said, assuming it's liquid- this should be what you need. Again, I think I paid under 15 for my calmag via amazon.

Sent from mikeytv
Yes it is liquid! And it is in town market, it takes 1 or 2 days to be delivered =)
Thank you mate for the advices! I'll be in touch soon!

Sent from mikeytv
Hi mate! So you're right about cal-mag def. Yesterday i want to be sure about the ph because everything in my reservoir is enough and trustable so you know i just bought a new ph meter 8 days ago and they said "we are going to calibrate and send it" but i got curious about my ph so i just opened the 4.01 solution and checked with my meter! Reading was 4.8 OH MY GOD! When i was around 5.5-6.5 it was 4.7-5.7 and mostly i was holding it 5.8 so it was 5.1..... Then i calibrated with 7.01 and 4.01! I also read i mustn't keep the meter in RO water or dry, i don't have proction solution so they say keep it in ph 4, now i'm keeping it like that and checking it everytime i use. I think things going to be better from now on, also cal-mag (sensi brand) gonna arrive tomorrow. I'm keeping the res. Ph at 6.3 and i will keep it for the 48 hours.
Yesterday night photo shots
420-magazine-mobile1874747324.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1761948465.jpg

Today i added 0.3ml FloraGrow and 0.2ml FloraMicro to the resevoir and EC increaced from 0.20mS to 0.30mS i'm still keeping the pH 5.5 - 6.3 range. As a note i added nuts because i saw growing seedling start to show some definiencies, everything seems perfect right now. I'm still on watch =)

Thank you!

Hello there!

Today i changed my reservoir, now it is a bucket with originally colored grey and as a modification it is covered by aliminiun foil. It is 18liters/4.76gallons, 4 air Stones ; 2 small and 2 big circle and it has a 100watt heater inside.

I have 7 seedlings which they had a PH problem last week, they suffered from being in too much acidic water, PH Meter was out of sync and so i kept them in 4,7 - 5,7 as a result! Now PH meter is calibrated and keeping PH 5,7 - 6,3. Temperature is set to 22celcius/71,6fahrenrit in day time when light is on it goes maximum 24celcius/75,2fahreneit (reservoir Temperature). Water level is set to over 1cm/0,40inc just for now because i took ladies from small pot to bigger ones.

18liters/4.76gallons RO water ph:5,9 ec:0,01mS TDS:0006ppm at the beginning
General Hydroponics
GROW: 6ml
BLOOM:3ml
MICRO:5ml
BIOROOTS: 36drops
DIAMOND NECTAR:30ml
MINERAL MAGIC:1 tea spoon
VOODOO JUICE: 36ml

PH:5,8 EC:0,49mS TDS:260ppm

Room temparature:lights on 30celcius-26celcius/86fahreneit-76,6fahreneit
Lights off 18celcius-21celcius/64,4fahreneit-69,8fahrenrit
Humidity: lights on %45-%65
lights off %80-%55
No co2 supply yet.

So it seems to me, yellowing or cal-mag-fe definiency is a past sign, everything is in the reservoir and i think in right amounts, i saw new leafs forming in green not in Yellow like last week! But these leafs are damaged before?? What should i do for further go on? Should i just wacth? Is everything okay?

Feel free to comment please, i respect all adivices!!

Thank you!

420-magazine-mobile958601182.jpg

420-magazine-mobile707962707.jpg

420-magazine-mobile388261324.jpg
420-magazine-mobile556060172.jpg

Sent from mikeytv
Hello mate, i am not able to send you PM so i replyed to notice you! Can you check my last post, what do you think!

Thanks!

Hello mate, i am not able to send you PM so i replyed to notice you! Can you check my last post, what do you think!

Thanks!

Not entirely sure I'm seeing a difference yet but it would seem that the calmag should really help. Give the girls a week or so and you will see a major difference- every week is pretty incredible. Remember light on nutes, calmag with every feeding. You will be find.

Incidentally, I'm seeing the consequences of a 3 inch net pot with one of my current grows. The middle plant is starting to lift from the tote she is in. Now she is scrogged so no worries but with the smaller pots, the plants get so big they start to bully the area. Not a bad thing- just means they are thriving but it does cause issues as if it lifts too much, light van breach and then we worry about issues in the res.

Keep moving forward. Trust me, most issues, if caught early enough which isn't hard to do, will not be a problem.... we can break them, trim and fimm and all the good stuff and they tend to come back. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not entirely sure I'm seeing a difference yet but it would seem that the calmag should really help. Give the girls a week or so and you will see a major difference- every week is pretty incredible. Remember light on nutes, calmag with every feeding. You will be find.

Incidentally, I'm seeing the consequences of a 3 inch net pot with one of my current grows. The middle plant is starting to lift from the tote she is in. Now she is scrogged so no worries but with the smaller pots, the plants get so big they start to bully the area. Not a bad thing- just means they are thriving but it does cause issues as if it lifts too much, light van breach and then we worry about issues in the res.

Keep moving forward. Trust me, most issues, if caught early enough which isn't hard to do, will not be a problem.... we can break them, trim and fimm and all the good stuff and they tend to come back. Keep us posted!

Thank you mate for checking on me =)

Today i added CO2 to the grow room, you know sugar+water and the thing for making bread, sealed the room.
As a grower i can tell you, the big lady which in the middle and 1, 5 weeks older than the other, she has a beautiful smell on it! 2nd thing is they all raise their leafs (not like because of Hot) so these 2 signs points me they say"we are good and healthy "
Growing a little bit stunned but they still grow i measure it day by day.
Root system seems a little weak to me.. I just took some photo for you right now!

420-magazine-mobile1317970526.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2046355500.jpg

You can see the raised leafs from this angle
420-magazine-mobile246813288.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1069718338.jpg

420-magazine-mobile424201430.jpg

420-magazine-mobile283592184.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1014366749.jpg

And also i read Mg def. It says " Leaves eventually turn yellow and photosynthesis stops on the affected leaves"
So if the photosynthesis stoped on these leafs, that is why growing slowed down, they don't have much leafs yet?

I dont grow dwc....yet...lol
But eveyone I know that does likes the temp of their res cold

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Back
Top Bottom