DWC, Top Fed Bubbleponic, 1x1x1.8m tent, 2 x 600W Mars Hydro LED, Amnesia Haze Fem

lessthennovice

420 Member
Hello Everybody! :ciao:

I am getting ready for my first DWC. It will be a top fed bubbleponic DWC system:

tent: Hydro Mars 1x1x1.8
lights: 2 x Hydro Mars 600W LED
seeds: Amnesia Haze feminized from Royal Queen Seeds
nutrients: GHE Flora Series, Calimag, Hydroguard

While I am waiting for my air pump to be delivered I feel like I need to clarify some things before I get started. I really want this grow to be a successful one, so I want to do my best to do everything by the book :reading420magazine: Advice from DWC connoisseurs very much needed.

1. The PPM on my tap water is 352. I recalibrated my PPM meter twice... used another one... that's the PPM on my tap water :oops: What should I do? I mean.... I can think of using the GHE Flora Series nutrients for hard water or usind an RO filter on my tap water. Here is where I definitely need an expert advice.

2. The GHE Flora Series feeding schedule sais I should start from week 1 with 2.5 ml/10L from each of the 3 solutions. Same for week 2, and 7 ml/10L on week 3. Everything I read so far either sais first week just PH water, or start with 25% strength of GHE's recommendations and go up to 50% strength in time. Again expert advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 90
Hi lessthennovice! I'm still new as well, but I've done a ton of research on dwc so take it with a bag of salt if you'd like. I'm sure others will pop their heads in shortly and give their advice too.

I was worried about my water being too high as well, as it's at around 280 ppm or so. I personally don't let that factor into my nutrient calculations, and try to watch the plant and let her tell me what she needs. I'm following a chart for now, but may stray from it in a few weeks to test how much she can take. If she starts getting nute burn I'll back it off and that'll be the spot she wants to be at.

With everyone's tds meters and starting water being slightly different, it's impossible to match numbers exactly. I suggest starting with the chart attached at the bottom of this post. Wait about a week once the seed pops above ground, then begin week 1 nutrients. (I know it says week 1, but that's week 1 veg stage, not seedling stage). I define veg as starting when the first two serrated leaves are in, and the second set is beginning to grow out. Once I see that, I change my res and begin week 1 nutes from the chart attached. So far so good.

Screenshot_20181101-202553_Hancom Office Editor.jpg

Also, I don't use the calimagic, and I don't believe you'd need it either. It's usually used to add calcium and magnesium to RO water. Since your water is from the tap, it's got that in it already, as witnessed by your high ppm count.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom