Earliest i can sex?

zxcvbnm

I found a seed the otherday. I germed for 3 days and its been in some rockwool for 2 days it just poked through. When can i sex it to make sure im not going to waste my time and end up with a male. Like i said its the only seed in the whole batch.

As westbud said your setup will be a factor (poor setup = poor growth = longer time to preflowers)...strain is also a factor, some show sex earlier/later than others. I had three plants from various bagseed and they did not show sex until about week five.

Setting up a grow spot for one plant will not cost you much money at all, especially for the first few weeks as you don't need much space and can probably rig something up from stuff you already have, don't need a ton of lighting (2 26W CFL's...$5-6 for a 2-pack, depends on brand. Although by week three adding two more would be a good idea), don't really need any nutes if you start with a decent soil mix (store-bought or home-made), and if you can be around and remember to turn the lights on/off at the right time to avoid buying a timer (although those are quite cheap too).

Although I do have to question how you plan to make money off of one plant...at least not the first harvest as you'll have to cover the costs of purchasing all the equipment. If you don't set it up properly you won't get much yield meaning no profit. If you set it up properly and starting from scratch you'll probably need to produce at least half to a whole ounce or more to recoup your investment costs (lights, timer(s), power strips, pots, dirt, nutes, fans, electricity, and so on) depending if you go CFL or HID lamps. Just a rough amount off the top of my head. But if you're looking at cloning it (you mentioned using this seed as a base) the returns could be pretty nice but it may take 4-5+ months to see any profit as it will take ~3 months for the first plant to mature and ripen its fruits and the clones will take a few months themselves to take root, veg, and then flower to harvest.

thanks for the info. I have a home made grow box with 2 100w cfls, on a 18-6 day/ night timer. This isnt my first grow so i have all the nutes cords and timers,as well as a 400w hps for in a few months. I want to pre sex this for exactly the reason u said so good call on the cloning factor. I also make and use bubbler set ups in 5 gallon buckets.

So my plan is to sex this one in 3 to 6 weeks then revert tell i can get some nice clones and go to the hydro from there.

Is there a certian number of nodes to look for before i sex, ive heard 3-4??

thanks for the info. I have a home made grow box with 2 100w cfls, on a 18-6 day/ night timer.

Are you saying you have two 26W CFL's that are 100W equivalents or two TRUE 100W CFL's? I haven't seen any true 100W CFL's but I know there are some 60's around so maybe there are. *confused* Two totally different things and using the equivalent wattage is like comparing lemons to potatos, it doesn't make any sense. A lot of people seem to get CFL wattages confused...it doesn't matter if it's equivalent to anything, it's still a 26W CFL. :) Why the need to compare wattage to an incandescent bulb that doesn't grow anything? People don't talk about the equivalent incandescent wattage of their HPS's or T5 fluorescents, why with CFL's? I blame the manufacturers and their packaging! /mini-rant @ manufacturers :)

Is there a certian number of nodes to look for before i sex, ive heard 3-4??

Somewhere in there...4 is a number that pops up a lot. Will also depend on the strain, some of mine had a few more than that before showing.

sexs.jpg

hope this helps!

like 3-6 weeks i would think is when they show sex depends on ur setup

Perhaps a little longer, but they will show sex while still in veg, so there is no need to stress the plant (hermi), by going to 12/12 and then back to veg.

If you insist on doing it that way, take a clone when the plant is larger and put the clone under 12/12. Even still, it won't show sex until it's sexually mature at ~6 weeks/2 months.

DD

Back
Top Bottom