Early Harvest? Need Help - Photos

Woznic

Hey all, first time grow and first time post.

Now before you all go tits and tell me everything I'm doing wrong, let me explain. I know my plants aren't perfect and I know all the mistakes I've made during my grow, I've spent a lot of time researching and doing my best to correct problems I've had. My set up is a joke, it's just thrown together and not had any real time or effort put in, this started as a test really, just to see if it would be worth doing more in the future. I am on a really short time frame because I'm leaving the country for 4 months soon and pretty much have to harvest in the next week or two and leave the curing to a trusted friend.

I'm growing Mexican Sativa, HPS, no controlled environment (just a basement), I used veg nutes along with cal/mag and rooter a while in the veg stage, but during flowering and also leading up to it the plants have just been on Ph balanced water that has been left out for a few days to hopefully let go of chlorine ect. They've pretty much had no nutes in the flowering stage, I kinda liked the idea of no chemicals, I knew this would hurt my yield and lead to all sorts of deficiencies ect. ect. My soil was a garden center bag that had nutes, this was a big mistake, and made when I didn't know much and was aiming to plant outdoors (time dragged on and I missed my window).

That's the short version, in summary it's a sketchy grow, with no real money expended on products, and a lot of the growing left up to the plants to just get on with it. This hasn't been a super serious grow, and my time is taken up with lots of other things so go easy on me, if I had the time, money and space I'm sure I could nail it. as time went on I got kind of attached to my plants and seeing them now, I'll definitely do it properly next time.

Basically I've got plants that are budding alright, but the bud leaves are drying and curling to the point of death, I'm worried the plants are going to deteriorate and hurt the quality (if there is any) of my final product. I know I've over pruned them, and I know they have deficiencies....... My question is, will they mature and ripen from this point? Or will they start to die? have I pushed it as far as I can go without nutes and additives? Or can I let them carry on and let the trichomes cloud up more and let the pistils darken and curl?

For some reason 3 of the plants are more progressed than the other 3. The ones that aren't as progressed I've kept more leaves on and am comparing progress to the others. The ones I pruned a lot seem to have pushed faster into flower which is what I needed, but at sacrifice of the nutrients contained within those leaves, which is why I think that they are sucking the remaining leaves literally dry.

Thank you for reading and please be constructive, like I said, I know what they are deficient of and I just haven't had the time, resources, and space to do it properly. I know the decision to stop nutes has been an issue, and the soil I used has been too.
20161216_072704.jpg
20161216_072653.jpg
20161216_072641.jpg
20161216_072636.jpg
20161216_072630.jpg

Easy answer for you is to wait a few more weeks. Its hard to say without knowing how long they are into flowering, but by just looking you got plenty of weeks to go and harvesting now ( Even though they don't look the best) would just reduce your yield to sad numbers and you would be harvesting when the trichomes are clear/hardly cloudy which would give you a less desirable high than if you were to wait until the trichomes were all cloudy or cloudy/amber. Your " no controlled" environment is your worst mistake. Temps look like there are a problem with your grow and possibly light distances. Buy a Jewelers Loupe or another 10x magnify glass and read up on how to check trichomes for harvest. Future reference I would do more reading before you get into your next grow. Your kind of bringing your blown engine into the mechanic when a while ago we could have told you that you needed an oil change or something like that...

How long have you been flowering? That could be a 12 week or even 14 week flowering plant. I flowered plants to 16 weeks that were some supper sweet Mexican.

You said you need to leave now. So...

immature weed is not very potent. Not worth smoking. You can cook it down but not much to smoking it. Maybe I smoke too much.

If you only have 2 weeks, and that looks to have a lot longer in it (at least 4...), then you either want to cut your losses...leave it with your friend to finish the grow or cut it down at the last few days and quick dry and later cook it all down.

It takes 2 weeks of drying before you are ready to cure typically. So to Jar them at your friends you need to chop them down now. Dry them for 2 weeks and jar them right at the end and hope they don't mold. You would need to chop them down now I think and they probably have a long way to go.

Things to think about I suppose...

I would wait to 4-6 days left, quick dry them, vacuum seal them then concentrate it down into elixir after you move.

Great job for a newb grow!

:goodjob:

Thanks guys :-D I wasn't real serious about the grow to start with, and like I said I got much more interested as it went on and the next grow I'll start from day one with plenty of knowledge and at least know what mistakes NOT to make :-O

I really appreciate the advice and will definitely push them all the way and try to get a mate to finish them when I leave. I was just concerned that in the next few weeks they could die or something :-(

I did really well and they looked mega green and healthy until they started to flower and I kept to just water and tried to not give any chems. I also over pruned them for sure after reading conflicting information :-(

I haven't kept a diary and I'm honestly not sure at all how long they are into flower, I never thought I'd be asking advice on here when I started so I'll deffo keep a timeline next time so i can provide more info when asking.

I really wanted to try topping and increasing yield, but decided against it due to my lack of time and also my lack of experience.

So you think next time, with the right set up and environment of course, I should not over prune and keep up the nutes?

Again, thanks so much for the advice :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom