Easy inexpensive DIY water system

BluNGreen

420 Member
If you have more than one or two plants, you need a water drainage system. Not to be confused with a watering system, I believe in hand watering 100 percent.

To raise the plant saucers, I used wire racks from a big box hardware store and cut them at 16 inches. The wire racks are already angled from the front to the back, so I just raised them with 2x2's. I heated up the saucer to form a slight V then drilled out a hole to drain all the runoff to the pvc pipe. The smaller saucers I use 1/4 in rubber hose to drain to the pipe. The thin wall pvc is easy to work with and is about $5 for a 10ft section of pipe. I cut all the lengths I need then lay it out to cut the slots in the top where the saucers are positioned (see pic). The pvc pipe is secured at the end/capped then sloped to drain to the catch basin. I don't glue the pipe that way it is easy to take apart and clean after each grow. I use a dryer vent brush to run through the pipes with a little soap and water. I have a 12-volt bilge pump with an on/off switch that pumps the water into a 5-gal bucket. makes flushing much more tolerable. very inexpensive.  Just wanted to share an easy water set-up that has worked great for me

The last photo is what you can do with your scrap pvc if you have OCPD like me.

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg
IMG_7581.jpg
IMG_7582.jpg
IMG_7583.jpg

IMG_7584.jpg

Back
Top Bottom