Effects of bringing plants inside

jokerlola

I had to bring my plants inside yesterday because of high winds. I've had to do this about 3 or 4 times now because of either cold temps or wind. I bring them into a spare bedroom. They get indirect sunlight from 3 windows but very little direct sunlight except early morning as sunrises. What kind of effect does this have on the plants at this stage of flowering? They are usually in there for just a day except for when we had an early snow after Labor Day when they were in there for 2 days.

I had to bring my plants inside yesterday because of high winds. I've had to do this about 3 or 4 times now because of either cold temps or wind. I bring them into a spare bedroom. They get indirect sunlight from 3 windows but very little direct sunlight except early morning as sunrises. What kind of effect does this have on the plants at this stage of flowering? They are usually in there for just a day except for when we had an early snow after Labor Day when they were in there for 2 days.
Don't know the impact on the plant, but if it is snowing you are doing what you can... I bring mine in if it's wet or we expect frost, we are at the mercy of the weather without an indoor backup plan. If it's dry, could you stake them outdoors or are we talking storm quality high winds? Maybe the added support could help them outdoors. Head up!

Don't know the impact on the plant, but if it is snowing you are doing what you can... I bring mine in if it's wet or we expect frost, we are at the mercy of the weather without an indoor backup plan. If it's dry, could you stake them outdoors or are we talking storm quality high winds? Maybe the added support could help them outdoors. Head up!

Storm quality high winds. 50 mph gusts. Would have devastated my plants even with the support. I've grown 4 times. 3 of them in the last 3 years and this is the first time I've had to deal with high winds and early snow in the fall. In the last 2 grows (2018, 2019), I've only had to bring plants in at night for freezing temps and then they've been able to go back outside during the day so this is the first time I've had to keep them indoors during the day.

Storm quality high winds. 50 mph gusts. Would have devastated my plants even with the support. I've grown 4 times. 3 of them in the last 3 years and this is the first time I've had to deal with high winds and early snow in the fall. In the last 2 grows (2018, 2019), I've only had to bring plants in at night for freezing temps and then they've been able to go back outside during the day so this is the first time I've had to keep them indoors during the day.
Wow, that sucks, keep on keeping on! Good luck!

Jokerola...! We tend to think of nutes as food for the plant which is wrong, the food for a plant is the sun, nutes are just a vitamin pill. I imagine an outdoor plant being stuck indoors counts as a day of minimal light... any way you can rig an LED for those occasions?

I'm hoping this will be the last time I need to bring them in during the day. No high winds or snow forecast for the next 10 days. They should be harvested by then. All we have is a few early mornings in the mid 30's that my plants should be able to withstand. except for today in the mid 50's, the rest of the next 2 weeks are supposed to be in the high 60's and mid to high 70's. First time I've ever had to deal with high winds and early snow in these last 3 years.

I'm hoping this will be the last time I need to bring them in during the day. No high winds or snow forecast for the next 10 days. They should be harvested by then. All we have is a few early mornings in the mid 30's that my plants should be able to withstand. except for today in the mid 50's, the rest of the next 2 weeks are supposed to be in the high 60's and mid to high 70's. First time I've ever had to deal with high winds and early snow in these last 3 years.
There is hope, may the forecast be accurate!

Back
Top Bottom