Enlighten me on the proper way to measure pH run-off please

Well, no, lol, it was just another one of my lame jokes. I'm not the world's biggest fan of pork - or anything that smells like it when being cooked. Probably why I'd make a terrible firefighter. Well... That plus the fact that I seem to have fallen off every ladder I've ever encountered at least once.

I watched a guy get off his bulldozer and take a piss on the soil pile

We appear to have very different hobbies ;) .

It won't help with consistency from one batch to the next, but as far as variance in one bag goes... That's why the first thing you should do is open the bag, dump it ALL out (kiddie pools work great for this kind of chore, and you might be able to find one at Big Lots for next to nothing at this time of the year), mix it really well, and then return it to its bag. As opposed to just opening the bag, taking out only enough for the container(s) you're filling, putting the bag away, then opening it back up, taking out only enough for the container(s) you're filling, et cetera.

BtW, I'm also a fan of testing/monitoring things; even if your soil is buffered sufficiently, it can help you understand what is going on - and IF you encounter a problem, observing whether your numbers have recently changed significantly ought to give you another clue as to what the cause of your issue is.

Most automobiles don't regularly dump their engine oil out - but wisdom dictates that we still check the level regularly, just in case. . . .

Back
Top Bottom