Extreme newbie here in love with his plants, too beautiful to trim

dakotamoon

This is my first grow, I have a (30 days old from seed) Afghani Kush which is gorgeous, she's so beautiful that I don't have the heart to trim, top or cut her back. I have only trimmed the bottom huge leaves.

I also have a 3 week old White Kush, and a 10 day old Hash Plant, I plan to practice trimming and topping with either of those as they have more uniform growth, this AKush is just gorgeous and grows so fast - it's way better than TV.

This is the most gratifying hobby in the world.

Thanks for welcoming he here.

Attachments

• AFKush Day 33.JPG
    AFKush Day 33.JPG
    760.2 KB · Views: 90
  • White Kush Day 29.JPG
    White Kush Day 29.JPG
    583.8 KB · Views: 90
Welcome! I had the hardest time the first time trimming mine as well! I want to say it gets easier, but I'm not sure.

Welcome dakota! You don't have to top her or trim her or anything like that if you don't want to. It's your first grow and maybe it would be nice for you to watch how these beauties grow naturally...or go ahead and do it, it's great fun ✂
Trimming is beneficial to the over all growth of the plant.
Trimming off the under growth will make the plant concentrate all of its energy to develop bud sites and in flower it makes for fatter buds.
Good luck with your grow.

Trimming is beneficial to the over all growth of the plant.
Trimming off the under growth will make the plant concentrate all of its energy to develop bud sites and in flower it makes for fatter buds.
Good luck with your grow.
I know. I like a regime of very heavy defoliation personally. But if I was a new grower i would like to see what nature does first before I go in hacking and slashing :)

Sak Pas Sai and Welcome to the best community to date breaking the status quo everyday! Make sure you take the time to check out all our forums we have here from Soil, Hydro, to organic. I’ve been apart of this community for a while and enjoy everyone here. Always giving you advice, and support that you need being a Beginner Grower or a Grow Master just like I will become one day! So start your Grow Journal when you get a chance so people can see all your projects. If you need help I strive to meet all our new members to help with any problems or questions. So by all means drop me reply and let's become friends!

Thanks all, I did top my Afghani Kush plant, but she is growing so fast that if I top it, I'm actually killing like the next 3 nodes.. notice in my pix - that the 2nd leaves from the top still have square cut leaves, that was from topping .. 3 nodes away. So for the first time, I think I'll just watch this beauty grow, she and the other two ladies - are starting to smell, and it's the best smell in the world.

Attachments

• 3 Ladies - Sept 30.JPG
    3 Ladies - Sept 30.JPG
    809.2 KB · Views: 79
Hey Dakota,

I’m caught up and things are looking great over there! These plants are a natural wonder so you won’t be disappointed by letting them strut their stuff!
If there’s any problems there’s many great people here to help you along the way and I see a bunch have already taken seat here!

Back
Top Bottom