Extreme noob to cannabis culture

Robert Celt

Hello all,

First off, a little back ground on me:

First let me say I have never been one to smoke weed, I have always been a rum drinker and for me the 2 don't go well together LOL. The last time I tried it was about 7 yrs ago while working the oil patch in N Alberta. Of a crew of 35, I was the only one who didn't toke. A bunch of us were sitting around my room getting drunk one day (many of them from BC) when some rolled up some NICE smelling weed and I decided to try it again and to see why I never cared for it. About an hour later I started sweating severely and wanted nothing more than to lay down. When the boys saw me, they ALL cleared the room PARTY OVER.

The next morning I was up as usual and felt fine. When I woke my buddy next door to go for breakfast before shift, he said to me "Bro, I never seen anyone turn those colors and still live"...my reply "Now you know why I don't smoke weed LOL"

Now for why I decided to join this site:

I have always been a glutton for knowledge and wanting to experience/try new things. Having so many friends that DO smoke, I have often thought about growing but never really pursued it. Having lost my job last Nov and lots of time on my hands I decided to research growing and medical uses of MJ. The medical aspect REALLY appealed to me.

I have been a carpenter for over 25 yrs and working construction has took a tole on my body. I suffer from severe arthritis and for the past 2 years nerve pressure in my neck that causes my arms to feel broke more often than not. This has limited my ability to do many things I used to take for granted and having always been an active person, tends to be hard on the head as well some times.

All these things combined have lead me to the decision to try growing and experimenting to see what happens. Something new, something that may help with my pain and related insomnia as well as maybe a few extra dollars in my pocket.

If I can find a strain that works as well as or better than naproxen and gets me off synthetic drugs, BONUS.

I have ordered from 2 seed banks (5 strains)

CanadianHempCo was the 1st: THC Bomb and ACDC.
GTASeeds was the second: THC Bomb fem, Cherry Bomb fem, Bib Bomb fem and Cluster Bomb fem.

So far I am quite impressed with the THC Bomb from TGASeeds (came in orig pkg) plants are growing fast, the Cherry, BigB and Cluster were just planted 2 days ago.

As for the THC and ACDC from CHCo, unsure if I even got what I requested but time will tell. They definitely aren't as viable as seeds from BombSeeds.

Lastly, any suggestions on strains for pain relief that will still allow me to function?

Thanks for reading my long winded intro

RC

:welcome: TheCelt to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Back
Top Bottom