Fairly New - Need Advice

Newtons

420 Member
So I'm just beginning my first grow and have everything coming in at the moment. 27"x27"x64" inch Grow tent, 600w LED light, using FoxFarm organic soil, and I have two seeds that are Germinating at the moment as well. I have been looking through the forums and have seen a lot of people speaking of supplements and testing their soil as well. Can anyone explain what supplements I should use including the amount of times I should use them as well? Like I said I am on my first grow and new so it would help me out if anyone could give me a general explanation on supplements and what these plants Specifically need, and give me any growing tips of any kind. Thanks guys! :thanks:

Well it is a bit like this mate...

2 x 2 x 4 tent seems pretty small if those measurements are in feet/foot & for some reason i don't think it would be meters either.

600w led more likely not true wattage but expected out put etc... so if i'm right & if you tent is only 4 feet/foot tall i may expect light bleaching issue's if ya wanna grow tall plants will be problem but training etc we may get around this ? aka scrog !

For some reason when growing with led peeps rant on about Mg - magnesium & Ca - calcium def etc this maybe one of those supplements needed to help out during growing as far as i'm aware it is just mainly a led issue thing...

Other supplement maybe used but if you think it does what it says on the label but it is up to you to work that out :thumb:

Testing soil would more likely being PH, yup that old chest nut my old china & this sort of stuff is really long winded bull poop largely depending on personal experience or what ever hearsay some one has chosen to suck eggs on... ye it is really like that !

Personally I think the 600w in a 2x2 may be about perfect, all depends on your ppfd measurements. 1500 u/mols is about maxed out with no co2 supplementation. I personally run 2 600w in a 3ftx3ftx5ft tent. That puts me right about 1400 ppfd with great results.
As far as supplements go, with your first grow keep it simple. Just run a 3 part formula for now, I like cutting edge solutions 3 part and add cal-mag (one of the most common issues with plant issues I've seen and shouldn't hurt, so why not?). One thing that won't overcomplicate things is a sweetener like CES sugaree.
With soil if you are going to feed, feed half strength to start and you shouldn't need to start feeding right away, maybe 3 weeks to a month. There are a few nutes in the ffof soil, but most folks run Into issues a few weeks in. With the sweetener just follow the bottle like was said above.

Personally I think the 600w in a 2x2 may be about perfect, all depends on your ppfd measurements. 1500 u/mols is about maxed out with no co2 supplementation. I personally run 2 600w in a 3ftx3ftx5ft tent. That puts me right about 1400 ppfd with great results.
As far as supplements go, with your first grow keep it simple. Just run a 3 part formula for now, I like cutting edge solutions 3 part and add cal-mag (one of the most common issues with plant issues I've seen and shouldn't hurt, so why not?). One thing that won't overcomplicate things is a sweetener like CES sugaree.
With soil if you are going to feed, feed half strength to start and you shouldn't need to start feeding right away, maybe 3 weeks to a month. There are a few nutes in the ffof soil, but most folks run Into issues a few weeks in. With the sweetener just follow the bottle like was said above.

Update, tent is 27"x27"x64" would this still work? I looked at the wrong one my bad. Would 600w still be ok? Or go higher?

Well it is a bit like this mate...

2 x 2 x 4 tent seems pretty small if those measurements are in feet/foot & for some reason i don't think it would be meters either.

600w led more likely not true wattage but expected out put etc... so if i'm right & if you tent is only 4 feet/foot tall i may expect light bleaching issue's if ya wanna grow tall plants will be problem but training etc we may get around this ? aka scrog !

For some reason when growing with led peeps rant on about Mg - magnesium & Ca - calcium def etc this maybe one of those supplements needed to help out during growing as far as i'm aware it is just mainly a led issue thing...

Other supplement maybe used but if you think it does what it says on the label but it is up to you to work that out :thumb:

Testing soil would more likely being PH, yup that old chest nut my old china & this sort of stuff is really long winded bull poop largely depending on personal experience or what ever hearsay some one has chosen to suck eggs on... ye it is really like that !

Well update, the tent is 27"x27"x64" inches. Would this be better and prevent bleaching? I don't really plan on growing really tall plants. Really just short and medium height.

Yeah, that should still do. But to make sure, see if you can check your ppfd numbers. Normally company's put it up as a chart on the product page where ever you got it.
Just saying it's a 600w led doesn't mean a whole lot. I was looking at a 1500w yesterday that only put out 570 something u/mols at 12". That's less than one of my 600w panels at 38". Base all of your measurements off of ppfd and distance from the canopy.

Yeah, that should still do. But to make sure, see if you can check your ppfd numbers. Normally company's put it up as a chart on the product page where ever you got it.
Just saying it's a 600w led doesn't mean a whole lot. I was looking at a 1500w yesterday that only put out 570 something u/mols at 12". That's less than one of my 600w panels at 38". Base all of your measurements off of ppfd and distance from the canopy.
The PAR says 855 at 12"

Well one of the ones I'm looking out gives 1408 at 12" and like 855 at 18" while the other one gives 855 at 12"u/mols

Also you'll have to take into account the light coverage it notes at the distance stated. If it's 1400 at 12" and only covers a 12"sq area you'll need probably 1 more and probably raise the light to around 18". Mine put out something like 1400@ 12" with a 24" sq footprint. That's too strong just to add 2 in the tent at 12". So I raised them to around 18" and I'm getting some great results. Ppfd and footprint of the lights is key. You won't get it perfect the first time, you just have to play with it.

Back
Top Bottom