Fan question

tav

how are these clip on fans fron viosun compared to your ave. fan. ? i have 6" basic floor fan and thinking of getting one.
is there anything special about these fans and how will they last blowing 24/7.

Haven't run Vivosun fans but, as far as I'm concerned, there are no good pole fans that will last. The Vivosun fans look similar to the AC Infinity fans in design. I have a few friends that have the Vivosun fans in their tents and they like them but I can't say how long they'll last. Same goes for AC Infinity. The reports I've gotten from the few that have had the AC one long enough is that it lasts longer than say a Monkey fan or the myriad other crappy pole fans but the price for them sort of washes out in the end.

I personally like using the Honeywell Turbo Force fans. The 6" stationary I have has run 24/7 for the last 3 years now except for the time I turned it off to take it apart and clean it. I have their 8" oscillating table fan and I like it but I think I may need to move up to a larger fan, maybe 12" or 16".

12192023.jpg

....how will they last blowing 24/7.
I do not know about a Vivosun or any brand name fan but I have been running a basic floor fan for 14 to 15 hours a day, every day, for 6 years now. It was used when I found it after someone threw it in the trash. I washed it, let it dry, turned it on and tightened up what needed tightening and used it in the house for several summers before I decided to use it in the grow room.

Some of the table top oscillating fans that are in use in the grow room or tent were ones that I bought at garage sales for a $1 or $2. Still have not had one stop working but I have had to replace them because I dropped them and the plastic base breaks.

Most of the problem with fans is not that they stop working but that the screen that protects the turning blades gets clogged up with dust and dirt and has to be cleaned regularly.

Back
Top Bottom