Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Its not a dehydrator. It flash freezes whatever is in it to -50 degrees, holds it there while a vaccum pump removes all oxygen from the chamber. Then it very slowly lets the temp come up to say 0 degrees. While the temp comes up this allows the vaccum to remove moisture. It does that as many times as needed until desired moisture level is met. Im so fukn impressed with how this turned out. I just uploaded a vid to youtube lol.

You take your lenses off? I'm going to check at different heights with meter and bump it way down. I had 8 up running with my hps, they done great, had it about 70%, didn't have meters at the time. It was some of the greasiest I've grown

I left them on. Even at about 10" from the canopy the meter shows almost perfectly even canopy and slightly higher numbers with them on.

Ok, that sounds pretty cool machine. How long does it take? Does it give off an odor? Might be worth looking into, I have strings running everywhere with bud hanging

Gives of absolutely NO odor at all while working. After it's done you drain all the water that it took from the plant into a bucket lol.

They are expensive though. I paid $3400 for it.

Probably better quality than conventional ways. From my quick test I was even everything was between 890 to 910. Even in corners and walls

Very nice. hps cannot keep nowhere near that even. And even better yet because hps is a single source in the center you get shadowing behind branches along the edges where cobs are hanging straight above instead. The even canopy a bunch of cobs can provide is an awesome advantage.

How many hours? Probably make jerky and fruits with it also

It makes MRE's. It's not a dehydrator like what's used to make jerky. It makes food that lasts 25 years. You can freeze dry ice cream, yogurt, meats, eggs, milk, soups or whatever.

For instance. If you freeze dried a whole half gallon of ice cream, once it's done the whole half gallon would weigh about 1/2 of an ounce and feel like Styrofoam.

Have you ever tried "space food"? That, is what it does.

Yea, I went to space camp 3 times. Their ice cream has same feel like styrofoam. That operates totally different than dehydrator. I know you have now. Could be a handy appliance to have for many things

haha. That's funny because I went to space camp in FL. While I was there as a kid I watched the Endeavor take off too. Driving a moon rover was my favorite lol.

We really like to make soups and stuff with it. We freeze dry the pasta and mixed veggies along with a can of tomato sauce and a few hunks of bullion with some cooked beef. Freeze dry it and done. Then when we want veg/beef soup just throw the "foam" into a pot, add water and everything is just as good as it was when it was bought.

Here is a chart for everyone that will keep the drivers in the Constant current mode where they should be. This will work right every time. No guessing, no hoping, no random output wattage, no gradual wattage gain but just the right combos that match up.

HLG 185 series Drivers

1050mA model
Cree 3-5 chips
Vero 29SE 3-5 chips

1400mA model
Cree 2-4 chips
Vero 29SE 2-3 chips

HLG 240 series drivers

1050mA model
Cree 4-7 chips
Vero 29SE 4-6 chips

1400mA model
Cree 3-5 chips
Vero 29 SE 3-4 chips

1750mA model
Cree 2-4 chips
Vero 29SE 2-3 chips

2100mA model
Cree 2-3 chips
Vero 29SE 2-3 chips

HLG 320 series drivers

1050mA model
Cree 4-9 chips
Vero 29SE 4-8 chips

1400mA model
Cree 4-6 chips
Vero 29SE 4-6 chips

1750mA model
Cree 3-5 chips
Vero 29SE 3-4 chips*****very close to 5. It came to 4.95 chips*****

2100mA model
Cree 3-4 chips
Vero 29SE 3-4 chips

This will keep everything within specs!

If people want I can also include Citi's
So by this chart running 4x Vero 29 on a hlg 185h-c1400b is not as effecient as running 3? I'm only a month in to wrapping my head around this so excuse my ignorance.

So by this chart running 4x Vero 29 on a hlg 185h-c1400b is not as effecient as running 3? I'm only a month in to wrapping my head around this so excuse my ignorance.
No, the driver cannot provide a high enough voltage for 4 chips and stay in constant current mode as it should. Its just not a good match to work right with 4 chips. It will light up yes, work as should....no.

Anyone know of good reading material on how cannabis uses light and what spectrums and how much? Figure I need to do some studying before I add anything else.
Try fluroence web site education
Bottom line is I see a guy who didn't know nothing about nothing a few months ago but now owns a lighting company. Is that sladerous? No, its curious because the same guy hasnt had time to run even a few cycles under its own lights but now knows whats up.
Just start a thread man.. Offer advice about all you want but when in my thread I will call out faults I see.
90% of people here will go a cheap route and run less cobs at higher power so your thread would be busy! But those 10% who want to smoke a double ended hps by building a light to do so will stay here. We can smoke hps with Cree,Bridgelux or Citi led's but you will not do it with 1 chip per every 3 or 4 square feet.

Back
Top Bottom