Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Hey Fan, Glad you are back around.What is your thoughts on CLU 048.Timber has a 200 w unit 4 cob around 340.00.I was considering two of these for a 2x4 area.I am sure I could build cheaper but time is what I dont have.Intend to use only for flower. 3000 or 3500 ? Thanks for all your efforts to assist members here:thumb:
Hey check out this thread. He uses one light for 2x2

Lootznbootz Gets A CLU

The efficiency is not the best and the price on the website is not the best too for their plug and play unit but the chips themselves can grow good stuff without a question. Smoking the results :)

I would not buy the kit for that price...you could build that thing for 150-200 bucks within cpl of hours.

when DIYing Its a good price for beating DE HPS plus the benefits of a more even coverage, at least in smaller spaces. and always better then blurple...

But if you can spend 600 bucks then go with Vero 29 for your 2x4...you wont regret it. 8x400W will be more then enough... I used 6x1212 and 2xvero 29 at 300W combined in a 2x3 because it was enough imho

Yeah, there are tons of good reads out there. If you read a few hundred of them it can leave someone even more confuses as they were when they started lol. My advice to anyone would be to read many many writeups. Get as many sides of the topic as you can and then make up your own mind.

Yeah, there are tons of good reads out there. If you read a few hundred of them it can leave someone even more confuses as they were when they started lol. My advice to anyone would be to read many many writeups. Get as many sides of the topic as you can and then make up your own mind.
I will not post on your thread any further. I only studied science it is not confusing when you understand botany horticulture lighting etc.

I will not post on your thread any further. I only studied science it is not confusing when you understand botany horticulture lighting etc.

Yokay. If what I wrote offends you I guess you should just move on. Thanks for stopping in.

Rapid led has the hlg480h-c1400b drivers for $139. I'm seriously thinking about getting 3 of these, and put 8 chips per driver

Yeah, for some that could be a great driver. I just looked at it for the 3590's. 9 chips easy but 10 would push it straight to the limit.

Comes couple volts shy of 10. 10 chips off 1 driver be nice for bigger builds

yeah. For the Cree it's only 1 single volt off. At 55 degrees C they run at 34.4V at 1400mA. Sooo close.. They need 344 volts lmao. That being said not too many guys make their chips run that cool. If they run at 57 degrees C that driver will work.

And you was right these cobs put off a little heat

Yep. 1000 watts of LED will put off the same exact amount of heat as a 1000W hps. The trick with the LED's is that we have the canopy coverage advantage, lights much closer to the plants and more par per watt. So that allows those who try to run lower power to get the same or better product with more of it! If we can do with 700W what an hps does with 1000w then we save 30% power plus 300w less of heat extraction, bulb changes etc etc....

Oh yeah, we can also relocate our drivers outside the grow area. hps guys can do that too though. (usually).

I calculated 36v for the Cree and 38for the vero to be safe. Seems like my drivers put off more heat than my digital ballast. I'm a noob with led, tried the mars in past, didn't have any luck. Then I got clw ss 550 with the osrams, it's a really good light, but you can control the spectrum with the controller. Thought about building another cob build with the osrams.

I calculated 36v for the Cree and 38for the vero to be safe. Seems like my drivers put off more heat than my digital ballast. I'm a noob with led, tried the mars in past, didn't have any luck. Then I got clw ss 550 with the osrams, it's a really good light, but you can control the spectrum with the controller. Thought about building another cob build with the osrams.
Yeah, I like to have some control of spectrum too. Thats why I like the 3000k 5000k mix on different drivers. I just cant handle blurples anymore after white cob results. The Osrams are 1 that I havent played with. They may be great, I have no idea really.

Back
Top Bottom