Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

I'm so tired of showing how many ways going with more efficient chips pays for it's self. Let's stop trying to compare a $10 chip to a 3590 ok? It's simply a loser every time. Sorry but it is what it is. There are a million ways to try to compare them and level the playing field. The Citi 1212 is a good chip don't get me wrong but not very ideal for larger arrays.

Chip for chip the Cree wins. You can run 2 of the 1212's for every 1 Cree and get close in efficiency but damn, then you gotta buy more drivers and more heatsinks so why?

Let's get back to what this thread is about. Not searching for a way to make a $10 chip as good but building efficient arrays.

I'm sitting down now, about to assemble 16 veros, forgot to get small brush for thermal grease

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Don't need a brush. Use an old credit card to get a smooth even layer

Hey hows it going,enjoy reading and learning from your setups and journals.I have couple questions could you show some pictures on how you wired the meter in the control box. I need help in figuring out options for a 4x8 area from least expensive ,middle option , higher end option.Some people are doing set ups with hlg 185h-c700 drivers and they are efficient ,some are updating using newer higher output drivers ,are the higher output drivers like the 320 series more efficient then the lower output drivers? Thanks for your time and for sharing your knowledge
420-magazine-mobile1044630178.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

121219.JPG
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY LET'S LOOK AT THE CHARTS AND SEE THE PRICE DIFFERENCE IN RUNNING THE LIGHTS FOR 18/6 LIGHT CYCLE PER MONTH!!!

IN THIS SITUATION AT .12 PER kWh. The Citis cost us $203 per month to run while the same ppfd with the Crees cost us $83.84 to run and less heat to get rid of.
I guess saving $119 per month running the Crees looks pretty good huh.[/B]
Cree_cheap.JPG
Hey thanks dude. I will give this some time later

But what ive seen.... have a look at the kWh price you entered. 24c for the citis and 12c for the Cree's :)

Was wondering where that huge $$$ difference came from

And yes, no more 1212 talk in here. i ment a 3590 vs 3590 at different efficiency levels over time. Like a array for 42sqft at 49% efficiency vs 60% with an eye for upfront cost and how long it takes to come back to 0. Just to see how many light hours that 60% has to be used to say it payed foe itsself.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

But what ive seen.... have a look at the kWh price you entered. 24c for the citis and 12c for the Cree's :)

And yes, no more 1212 talk in here. i ment a 3590 vs 3590 at different efficiency levels over time. Like a array for 42sqft at 49% efficiency vs 60% with an eye for upfront cost and how long it takes to come back to 0. Just to see how many light hours that 60% has to be used to say it payed foe itsself.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

Oops, ill redo it shortly

Hell my light is going to be a mutt, vero and cree, I'm putting 5 linear racks with 5 chips, does that pattern sound about right or do I need to stagger, also fan what's is model of meter to check light, I need to order one, so I know where I'm at.

You mean an actual par meter like my Apogee?

All fixed. Thats better lol... $20 less per month to run vs citizen at .12 per kWh plus 300 less heat watts to extract or overtake with AC.
Basically your Making up the cost of 1 Cree 3590 per month.

1212_12.JPG
Cree_cheap.JPG

$20 adds up quick

Yep. You figure 1 cycle with an 8 week veg and a 9 week flower. The whole cycle cost for the Cree is $672.22 and whole cycle for Citi is $818.97 for a difference of $146.75 per cycle plus what you save in heat extraction.

My problem is I need a little heat, my room in cold basement

I'm in basement too. Trust me, you still get plenty of heat.

That setup mentioned above in the comparison is the most inefficient way I would run the Cree's. In an 8X4 I would run 32 chips and be way way more efficient.

I know fanleaf that you have put a rig together for 2x2 tent.
But was wondering if that's the most efficient money to value setup?
4x 3590 for such small soace seems like the most expensive option. I'm basing that on your 3 cost/efficiency tiers.
Am I right here ?

Would it not make it more sense to do 2 3590 (one red) for such small space?

I have my tent in the actual closet, so it's pretty easy to get it very warm. I have 200w cfl there at the moment and the minute I'll add any more cfl the temp rises to the top limit what's acceptable. So heat efficiency would be very important too.

What are your thoughts guys?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Awesome thread :adore:

I just started looking into the whole DIY scene recently, and I must say it's interesting but a lot to take in.
I'm in the process of (only theoretically so far) building a flower cycle light for a 4x4 area, and collecting all the knowledge I can;)

Where did you get that nice calculator?

Back
Top Bottom