fao p420 re:monster bloom

it wont let me edit the last post so im gonna have to make another...
while im at it any used co2 tabs for soil?
any good?

ever so grateful :adore:

just found that fox farm stuff on ebay usa dont yhink i can get it in the uk!
was thinkin usin monster bloom with ionic bloom for soil?
oh and co2 tabs
that be ok? :adore:

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong guys, but don't these Co2 tablets make Co2 via fermentation? Wouldn't it be cheaper to do that yourself w/sugar and some brewers yeast? I don't really know how much a 5 pound bag of sugar goes for these days, but I dought you'd go through more than 12-15 pounds over the 4-5 months it takes to grow a crop. If you want me to explain how to do it, just let me know.
Vin

mike_tildsley said:
tell me more :hmmmm:
Ok, if you really would like to know, this is how I plan to supply my plants w/suplimental CO2. First, you'll need a five pound bag of sugara to start and a gallon milk jug. Check the yellow pages for a store that sells beer and wine making supplies. Ask them for a wine yeast that has the highest alcohal tolerance. while you're there, if you don't mind spending another five bucks, also pick up a small jar of yeast nutrient, a # 6 drilled rubber stopper, and an air lock(the cheapest they got). Just ask, they'll be happy to show you what those things are.
Now, fill your milk jug half way w/hot water. Dump in about four cups of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of nutrient. Shake it up till all the sugar is disolved. When it's cool, add half a pack of yeast. Put the rest of it in the fridge. Put the jug in your grow area. it should start to foam w/in a day or so. Then start to stir it once or twice a day or just swirl it around. When you get to the point that it no longer foams when you stir it, or when there are only a few bubbles in your air lock every minute, add another cup of sugar. Stir it up to desolve the sugar, and fermentation will take off again. When it doesn't, you know you've reached the alcohol tolerance of the yeast. Stir it up, dump half of it down the drain, fill the milk jug back up half way w/water, add a bit more sugar and another dose of nutrient. If it doesn't start to ferment w/in a day, add more yeast. Just keep going through this cycle till your plants are nearly ready to harvest.

Remeber, you're only providing extra CO2, There's already pleanty of it in the air for your plants to servive, but a bit more is always better for them, so if you go for a day or so w/no fermentation going on, don't sweat it. How fast fermentation starts, how long it takes, and how often you'll have to add more sugar will depend mainly on the temps in your grow room. The air lock/bubbler thingy is nice in that it will keep bugs out of your sugar water, and give you a good estimate of how activly fermentation is taking place, and how soon you'll have to add more sugar. You can also put a baloon over the mouth of your milk jug and poke a tiny pin hole in the baloon. when the baloon is flat, you know that it's probably time to add more sugar. You can use bread yeast, but it only has half the alcohol tolerance of wine yeast, so you'll be making new batches more often. If you don't get the yeast nutrient, you can chop up half a lemon, rine and all, and use that instead, but it will smell worse than if you use the yeast nutrient. Just pm me if you have any more questions. It's really not all that complicated.
Vin

To each his own, I've already got everything I need to do it the way I described, and probably wont spend near that much in sugar.
Vin

Hey Vitner, I don't know how well all that stuff would work but it sounds like some growers would like to read that. You should start your own thread and post it. And thanks for the info dude.

Hey, Thanks a lot dude, that means a lot coming from you. IMHO, it doesn't matter how well it works. It's only meant to supply extra CO2 for a small closet grow, not a major operation where there are so many plants useing up CO2 so fast that an outside source is needed just to maintain healthy growth. I will move this to a new post if that's what you suggest.
Thanks again. Vin.

150 oz co2 tank (empty) is around $85. Buy a $5 hose that fits on the valve of the tank. I think you can get those filled at any local hardware shop for not too much. Then poke holes in the hose as if you're going to mist a small garden. Then buy a timer and have it set for 3 times on during the day, 15 minute intervals. Set the timer to the tank's electric source. Put some stakes around your plant and set the hose up so it's surrounding your plant(s) at medium height. Turn off any ventilation system during the co2 dosing, you can set a timer for those as well. And now your plant has a 100% effcient and suffice co2 supply. That's just a very good way to do it, not saying you have to.

mike_tildsley monster bloom is fab stuff used it for over two years now and buds do taste gorgeous.

dont know if it helps bigging up the budz but taste is really smooth irrespective of strains as i grow over 11 diff strains and use it throughout flowering start to finish.

nuff said.

mbj:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom