Feeding in DWC?

Phaaaze

I'm wondering how I should feed my ladies.

All threw veg Everytime my bucket(s) went low I'd just top it off with a gallon or two of water and recommended feeding for the gallon or two.

After some reading seems like I've maybe been doing it wrong?

I haven't had any major issues & been running my PH at 5.9-6.3, I don't have a PPM till next Friday.

Any advice or tips on how to feed or if I should leave it would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_20190521_214026.jpg
    IMG_20190521_214026.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20190521_214022.jpg
    IMG_20190521_214022.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20190521_214017.jpg
    IMG_20190521_214017.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20190521_214010.jpg
    IMG_20190521_214010.jpg
    931.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20190521_214002.jpg
    IMG_20190521_214002.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 59
What nutes you running
Check out riffleman he does a how to on dwc
I used to do it same way as you now I mix up my batch and top up every day with plain water and only add nutes when I have add the amount I started with say 4 gals. In bucket once you have to add a total of 4 gal. Of plain pH water then mix fresh batch of nutes if that makes any sense he explained it better than me but I'm not getting the stained roots now and using even less nutes hope that helps

Once your ppm pen turns up mate you use that to tell you how strong to feed.
If the ppm goes up from day to day then the mix is getting stronger as the plants aren't using it. In which case add more water.
If the ppm drops the mix is getting weaker so you need to add more nutes.
The idea is to keep it steady or just slightly dropping from day to day.
If you can do that, the pH will also behave itself and you won't need to adjust it as much.
For the 2 big ones that will be 800-1000ppm.
The smaller one will be 400-500ppm.

What nutes you running
Check out riffleman he does a how to on dwc
I used to do it same way as you now I mix up my batch and top up every day with plain water and only add nutes when I have add the amount I started with say 4 gals. In bucket once you have to add a total of 4 gal. Of plain pH water then mix fresh batch of nutes if that makes any sense he explained it better than me but I'm not getting the stained roots now and using even less nutes hope that helps

It does make sense, and I'll start taking that into account. They drink about a gallon a day so the ppm pen is a must I see!

Once your ppm pen turns up mate you use that to tell you how strong to feed.
If the ppm goes up from day to day then the mix is getting stronger as the plants aren't using it. In which case add more water.
If the ppm drops the mix is getting weaker so you need to add more nutes.
The idea is to keep it steady or just slightly dropping from day to day.
If you can do that, the pH will also behave itself and you won't need to adjust it as much.
For the 2 big ones that will be 800-1000ppm.
The smaller one will be 400-500ppm.
Thank you the smaller one is in flower also should it still need 400-500? I thought it'd be a little higher at least 800-900.

This is my first time in hydro so I didn't know how important a ppm pen was I was so worried about keeping my PH in check I overlooked a big step!

Yeah plants don't need much in hydro mate. Just wait till you get your meter and you'll see how the Res actually behaves. You'll be scratching your head wondering why everyone feeds so strong and how so many people can be doing it so wrong.
If the ppm is rising at all from day to day then you can run into problems.
If it's just dropping or staying steady then the worst that can possibly happen is the odd leaf goes a bit yellow. In which case you'd up the strength a little. No damage done and problem solved.
That's literally all there is to hydro growing mate. Just follow that number like a monkey and keep the pH in range.
Easy peasy :)

I like your buckets I'm trying to find the clear tube and gonna make my own then I can unhook the airline and Mark the clear tube so I know exactly how much water I used and then won't have to clean them dam airstone amymore

Back
Top Bottom