Feeding pH during bloom in soilless? Promix HP

BillyBud420

Hey all!

Flipping to flower tomorrow for the first time! I am using promix HP and have generally been watering at 5.5 (a couple higher here and there) and the plant has done great!

Should I stick to the same ph for flower? It seems like 5.5 - 5.8 for most feelings should do the trick but thought I'd ask here!

Thanks all!

IMO yes. I usually adjust to about 5.5-ish these days as well, seeing as the ph of the mix tends to creep upwards a little over time. Plants are much happier than they were when I used to adjust to 'about 6'.

good advice I use nutri mix hp and ph my nutrients to 5.8 and run off has been 6.9 I'm going to do the same and ph it to 5.5.. what is your fertilizer routine weaselcracker ??and yours BullyBud420 ?? PPM per feeding and how often and how much Cal mag per gal,,also I now have A white skunk under a 900w led in a 3 gal air vegged for 62 days from seed and water every 3 days I know 3 days and 5 hours it was wilted bad when I came home from work and bounced back within like minutes after watering with 1.3/4 gal water with PPM any where between 300 and 420 per watering the 420 was at its max level a very very minor leaf tip burn,so I think I will have to water more often in a couple weeks so was thinking of water fert water?? what do you guys do,??BillyBud420 I just flipped to flower 2 days ago do you have any pic's of your plant??thanks look forward to your imput

First off- I should mention that I ran into some issues with ph last month (I do that a lot). My meter was out (reading high) by 0.4. So while I thought I was adjusting to 5.5 or 5.6, I was actually in the low fives. Too low. Some plants didn't mind, but the sativas always show problems of overly acidic conditions first. Purpling stems, droopy downward curling leaves, and slow growth. The next couple feeding/watering sessions I adjusted to about 6 to allow access to some of the nutrients that had been getting locked out. Since then I've been more careful about keeping my meter calibrated, and have been aiming more towards 5.6-5.7.

As for the feeding levels- each strain is somewhat different so it's hard to generalize.
As you may know, different meters use different conversion rates to guesstimate ppm. If you don't know what I mean then google for an explanation of EC - ppm conversion rates. It's slightly confusing.
It's pointless to be talking about ppm though, unless we know what conversion rate we are using. EC is a more reliable gauge to be using.
The chart below shows a possible EC feeding schedule. EC is shown by the black line. It's a bit on the low side maybe, as some strains can handle much higher feedings. It's about exactly right for my sativas though. The indica strains I have going can handle about 25% higher levels than shown on the chart.
Note that the chart shows a ph change throughout the life of the grow. I hadn't seen this chart at the time BillyBud asked me the original question in this thread. I'm probably too lazy at the moment to try and replicate this ph change right now, but it's food for thought.
I use calmag at about 3-5 ml per gallon. I use rainwater so it's essential to add the calmag.

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg

First off- I should mention that I ran into some issues with ph last month (I do that a lot). My meter was out (reading high) by 0.4. So while I thought I was adjusting to 5.5 or 5.6, I was actually in the low fives. Too low. Some plants didn't mind, but the sativas always show problems of overly acidic conditions first. Purpling stems, droopy downward curling leaves, and slow growth. The next couple feeding/watering sessions I adjusted to about 6 to allow access to some of the nutrients that had been getting locked out. Since then I've been more careful about keeping my meter calibrated, and have been aiming more towards 5.6-5.7.

As for the feeding levels- each strain is somewhat different so it's hard to generalize.
As you may know, different meters use different conversion rates to guesstimate ppm. If you don't know what I mean then google for an explanation of EC - ppm conversion rates. It's slightly confusing.
It's pointless to be talking about ppm though, unless we know what conversion rate we are using. EC is a more reliable gauge to be using.
The chart below shows a possible EC feeding schedule. EC is shown by the black line. It's a bit on the low side maybe, as some strains can handle much higher feedings. It's about exactly right for my sativas though. The indica strains I have going can handle about 25% higher levels than shown on the chart.
Note that the chart shows a ph change throughout the life of the grow. I hadn't seen this chart at the time BillyBud asked me the original question in this thread. I'm probably too lazy at the moment to try and replicate this ph change right now, but it's food for thought.
I use calmag at about 3-5 ml per gallon. I use rainwater so it's essential to add the calmag.

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg
Awesome

ty im not understanding i did fine no burns with 6.3 just coukd tell want what could be. i started seedlings. abd ill seat the ph off at that Appreciate it brother

Back
Top Bottom