Frequency of feeds in Promix

PacificNorthWest

Hi all,

I'm a successful grower using promix. I have a lot of people here to thank for my success too...so...thank you.

I use the full line of REMO nutes. I feed and pH every time I water and slowly go from about 0.3 to 1.8 EC during a 12-14 week veg.

I've always watered when the pots are dry. Like quite dry. I was even taught long ago that letting your vegging girls "show" you they need water by a very slight drooping, was a good thing. I always loved seeing a thirsty, drooping girl bounce back in a matter of a few hours after a good feed. These days (and normally), the frequency of my watering can be up to 5-7 days (depending on stage of plant and pot size at the time).

Am I doing this wrong? I read here about guys feeding their promix plants every other day. I can't imagine their medium is at all dry after 2 days. I've also read that promix is difficult to over-water. Well I get that, but don't the plants require that dry spell between waterings?

Should I be force feeding my girls more often? Will that result in faster/bigger growth? I should do a side-by-side experiment, but too ADHD/lazy for that.

Anyone got anything to say about this?

Thanks,
PNW.

Anyone got anything to say about this?
If it isn’t broken don’t fix it.
I use Pro-Mix HP and have a similar feeding Schedule, I’m feeding 3L per plant in 7 gallon fabric pots pretty much every 3 days. On the 4th day they’d be really droopy almost wilted if I didn’t.

And only 3 liters per watering is sufficient for a decent run off? I feel like I was putting in almost 2 gallons of feed in my 7 gallon fabric pots on my last run with still less than a 10% run off...maybe I am waiting a little too long in between.

This is just my way of doing it, it works for me. I don’t water till run off. I water till everything is sufficiently moist then add some to my runoff tray to leach in the bottom. I’d rather water lesser amount more frequently than larger amounts less frequently. Then I can adjust the feeding if I see problems quicker. If that makes sense. The only time I’d water till run off is if I was flushing out the medium to rid it off build ups.
That’s what works for me.

check out the link in my sig on watering - you are pretty much already doing it.

Back
Top Bottom