Feminized Seeds

MickFoster

It's been a long time since my last grow and back then feminized seeds were not that common - hermies were reported to be a problem. Are the feminized seeds now a days more stable? I have always felt that a female from regular seeds always remained a female with no bananas. Input is appreciated.

MickFoster

I am a clone farmer. I always start my moms from seed. The last five years I have been using feminized seeds and have never had any problems. They are the only way to go, IMHO. In fact, I just ordered $200 worth of seeds for next seasons moms - all fem'd. They don't even cost more than the regulars ... great deal.

~ Auggie ~

With respect to Auggie above ^^^ clone growers are the lazy sh!ts of the weed industry, they don't give a poop about their clones once the buck is in their pocket, I've yet to see any clone grower anyway, anywhere come to the rescue of his clones ...ONCE PARTED

this site and many like it, have thousands of posts/issues that arise from noobies growing clones out, in most cases it is the noobies fault, but it can be very difficult trying to inform an experienced cannabis grower on his 3rd grow that clones ....HAVE NO VITALITY

the bottonline with clones is....you are growing out someone else's work, in most cases there is very little for the student to 'learn' and are only popular in north america, and for a very good reason ....

a feminized plant/seed is a hermie plant/seed made to deliberately be either female or male, if required, see them as freaks, like clones
...see it as market lead, beat this by sticking with regular seeds and feminizing your own in time ..easy peezy

good luck

With respect to Auggie above ^^^ clone growers are the lazy sh!ts of the weed industry, they don't give a poop about their clones once the buck is in their pocket, I've yet to see any clone grower anyway, anywhere come to the rescue of his clones ...ONCE PARTED

this site and many like it, have thousands of posts/issues that arise from noobies growing clones out, in most cases it is the noobies fault, but it can be very difficult trying to inform an experienced cannabis grower on his 3rd grow that clones ....HAVE NO VITALITY

the bottonline with clones is....you are growing out someone else's work, in most cases there is very little for the student to 'learn' and are only popular in north america, and for a very good reason ....

a feminized plant/seed is a hermie plant/seed made to deliberately be either female or male, if required, see them as freaks, like clones
...see it as market lead, beat this by sticking with regular seeds and feminizing your own in time ..easy peezy

good luck

Auggie is a respected member. That seemed a bit harsh for no reason.

Auggie is a respected member. That seemed a bit harsh for no reason.

No prob Green ... really. I would MUCH rather a person speak with passion about something that they feel passionate about than to make a milk toast politician, politically filtered, mealy mouth statement. We have no doubt as to Vastok's beliefs - and I have no problem with that.

That being said, and to use a fair dose of Vastok's passion right back at him - he is full of shit. And I think he knows it. To paint a group of people with a broad brush never works on the individual. And is never fair.

He doesn't know me. But based on this, and other statements he has made here, I know him well enough to know that he is full to the dregs with organic fertilizer.

IF he did know me he would know that I grow exclusively for some of the best known and most reputable legal collectives in the Emerald Triangle region of Northern California. I vend to collectives that stand behind their products, all of them. And since they do they expect me to have the same high standards. And if my standards were not as high as theirs I wouldn't be a vendor of theirs for very long. He would know that I donate hundreds of CBD dominant strains to patients that 1) rely on them for their life, and 2) can't afford to purchase them. He would know that I've been growing for over four decades - from clone farming to managing very large (1000+ plants) plantations, both indoors and out. He would know that I am college educated, with a lot of hands on experience having served apprenticeships with people who's names he might (or might not) recognize. He would know that when I "sign" my name to a product I take immense pride in its quality and only do business with people who are like minded.

IF he knew me.

But, like I said, I appreciate a person who speaks plainly and passionately -- we all know much more about him now.

~ Auggie ~

No prob Green ... really. I would MUCH rather a person speak with passion about something that they feel passionate about than to make a milk toast politician, politically filtered, mealy mouth statement. We have no doubt as to Vastok's beliefs - and I have no problem with that.

That being said, and to use a fair dose of Vastok's passion right back at him - he is full of shit. And I think he knows it. To paint a group of people with a broad brush never works on the individual. And is never fair.

He doesn't know me. But based on this, and other statements he has made here, I know him well enough to know that he is full to the dregs with organic fertilizer.

IF he did know me he would know that I grow exclusively for some of the best known and most reputable legal collectives in the Emerald Triangle region of Northern California. I vend to collectives that stand behind their products, all of them. And since they do they expect me to have the same high standards. And if my standards were not as high as theirs I wouldn't be a vendor of theirs for very long. He would know that I donate hundreds of CBD dominant strains to patients that 1) rely on them for their life, and 2) can't afford to purchase them. He would know that I've been growing for over four decades - from clone farming to managing very large (1000+ plants) plantations, both indoors and out. He would know that I am college educated, with a lot of hands on experience having served apprenticeships with people who's names he might (or might not) recognize. He would know that when I "sign" my name to a product I take immense pride in its quality and only do business with people who are like minded.

IF he knew me.

But, like I said, I appreciate a person who speaks plainly and passionately -- we all know much more about him now.

~ Auggie ~

Bravo and Reps to you for helping others!!!!! The exclamation points and emoticons are the best I can do to show my passion. :) :goodjob::thanks::bravo::Namaste::welldone::party::peace:

I had to groan. Cause whether or not there's any truth in V's post, I can tell that Auggie doesn't fly with the rest of the chickens. These broad brush rants don't do anything at all except to stir up shit I suppose. There are just too many exceptions and variations for it to mean much.

For me, experience of 40 yrs, not to mention being a grower in the triangle, demands respect.

There's nothing wrong with cloning, especially when you have a high number of yield to return under a strict time frame.

Seems like a senseless attack to me...

Sometimes I hate reading some of these threads. Nobody stays on the original topic of the thread - some spew hate, some talk about themselves, and others start a thread in a thread. I started this thread with a legitimate question about feminized seeds and it's turned into a pissing match with people taking sides. If you really don't know the correct answer to the question or you have a derogatory remark to make about somebody or someone's technique - just shut up.

Thanks to the people that actually answered my inquiry.
MickFoster

I would have said the same thing as Auggie, though with a few less years in the growing experience. Fem seed is pretty new though. But there wasn't any need to add to his answer. I've never had a problem. I think the process of making feminized seed is pretty well sorted out and there's no reason for it to have any hermie tendencies. That's all the answer you need really. As for your other comments- threads take on a life of their own and that's usually a good thing. I know what your saying but- it wouldn't be fair to say nothing in reply to that silly comment from Vostok. I see no pissing match. Thankfully there's not too much of that on 420. Now I'm guilty of not 'shutting up' as ordered. Good luck with your grow mate.

Back
Top Bottom