Feminized Seeds?

Mr. Mike.... Thank you very much for the information.

Now... if Cees will part with that one little secret about the PPM's for the gibberrellic acid spray........Lol..... I have a bottle of gibberrellic acid concentrate sitting on my nute shelf just waiting to be experimented with...

Peace
MC

I can't believe there's been no follow ups to this in two years, silver nitrate might be what they were using Mr Mike, but colloidal silver does work in high (near 1000 ppm) doses as a foliar feed, there are simply too many people on other forums that say it works for it not to.

Now if you have some idea how to get silver nitrate as easily as one can produce colloidal silver at home then by all means, and I too would love to thank you Mr Mike for the articles and for pointing this out to the 420 Mag community.

Well well... Madame Crash... how are you doing ? Long time no see hé. You did give me a reason to react... lol:) Btw... Hello Urdedpal.
All I can tell you is that I never did see any material ( like Mell Frank wrote in the end 60-ties ) then Gibberellic Acid.
I did do it like 40 times.... two times with succes. The dose to use is a very difficult thing and hard to create.
What you need is pure Gibberellic Acid = C19-H22-O6 ( made by the factory MERCK )
The hard job is no more and no less to find the right dose by the strain you're working with. Another strain... another dose. So... believe me... it's not easy at all.
I suggest that I send MadameCrash a little bottle with the right dose for the strain she's working with. ( We can take care of that lol:)
If she does agree with this idea... she will report.... I guess.

Stay cool out there in the States... the climat is getting better is what I read.
Another 10 years and they will think/talk about legalise it !
It's a proces... a long long proces.
My advise : Just stay cool, high and take time to fly.

High and warm regards.
Cees

Ladies and Gentlemen the silver based non colloidal methods may work and so may well "the" acid, but the colloidal is the only method I've seen refuted to work, without requiring safety equipment to operate.

This alone just begs for someone with a nice perpetual garden to put this method to the test and put the myths to rest.

If true it would be the only method I would imagine one could comfortably feel teaching to medical growers with health issues that need not be complicated further by exposure to unnecessary dangers :amen:

I'm not that familiar with breeding, but from what I read 99% of the seeds should be females.

What is the difference between female and feminized since I'm not aware of a way to turn a male into a female... just a female into a herm.

Producing feminized seed is fairly simple. Let your plants grow where its going to be between 95 and 102 deg for a couple weeks during the summer and a couple of the plants will stress enough to produce male flowers after producing female flowers. Then back polinate some of your fav females and you should be set with seeds for a couple years.

There are also reports that colloidal silver, applied as a foliar feed or soak can cause feminization. Honestly I think the people here talking about hermies like they're a bad thing are thoroughly mistaken, if anything hermaphrodites are a biological defense mechanism against extinction, so to believe you can breed out something vital for the continued success of the breed seems very futile to me.

Obviously no one wants their entire crop to be this way, but if you have pie in the sky dreams of avoiding something that is genetically part of the plant., then good luck.

I don't know that much about breeding, I do know even if you had hermies in your strain you would cross breed your strongest females together until you eventually have true breeding all female seeds, which is feminization. Regardless of what methods you use.

Gibberelic Acid worked....one of the plants (GH WW) has popped a male flower. I will now pollinate itself and also some Strawberry Cough (dont know if i should call it white strawberry or cough widow)

So am I right to believe that the seeds plant turns hermaphrodite and so the pollen they produce doesn't have any male chromosome traits and thus are all female seeds. So therefore the sex of the seed is determined before germination?

Well Budd.... since "they" are still busy to find out what's the different between feminized and female seed... I didn't react.
You may find a lot of info on our website.

Sorry for my poor English and best wishes from "funcountry"

SpeesCees

That is what I'm assuming also, picked up 4 ounces of colloidal silver@250ppm. What I'm wondering is can anyone say whats happening on a cellular level? What is altering what, and how. Is it just the basic fact that the plant is being stressed, causing it to change to a monecious form? More is going on than we're seeing. I kill hermie plants like they are radioactive ( I've only had 1 )! What I plan to do is to isolate the plant/s that I treat and pray my virgins aren't contaminated. I got some seeds from a freind one time, no one can even figure out how those plants got pollinated, out of at least 100 plants I started for the cause there was 1 male and 1 hermie. I also water with rooting hormone when plants are seedlings.

Hehe he... madame Crash...long time no see !
But happy to see you here... means that you're still around.
I'm still SURE that you only can create FEMALE seed ( so NOT feminized ) by using Gibberellic Acid.
The right moment and the right dose will do.
However... it's damned difficult !
Safe yourself.. it takes years to come to the right thing !
Feminized seed... well... it will bring a lot of herma's in the seedbanks... en THAT IS NOT COOL.
By time the seed banks will be full of manipulated seeds. And THAT....is a shame.
Do you remember that I did call a strain to your name Madame ?
It's F6 at this moment.
You will be surprised and I'm real curious what you think of them.
You're one of the few people here who knows that I'm not talking bullshit but do what I say/write.
A big hug from your Dutch friend.

Cees... alias SpeesCees

And you're right in my mind Ozman.
The most danger is hide in the fact that we don't know what this manipulation will bring us in future!
Up to now there were no serious tests or reviews what it will do or bring us on the long term.
However, more and more people do start to understand that it’s risky to work with feminized seed if they grow a few more plants as the average home grower.
WE ( nomercyseeds ) have strongly our doubts and we go on to keep on breeding regular seeds and make them better by : selection, selection, selection !
There are already seed banks that are based on feminized seed. (and that’s a shame)
Time will show who was right, but I guess that the pure old strains will be close to history in a short time !?

Best regards,
SpeesCees

no-mercy-special-15-dagen-na-ontkieming-1.jpg

15 days after germination ( strain :regular "No MercySpecial" )

Back
Top Bottom