Final flush & harvesting questions

Garage Grower

Figured for these specific questions, I might have better chance of response asking separately rather than within my grow journal.

I'm getting close to harvest, my best guess so far 2-4 weeks, depending on the answer to my question about trichome coloring.

Final flushing:
Throughout my grow, I've been alternating... feed, water, feed, water, etc. During my feeds I've been giving the Fox Farms trio - Big Bloom at full strength and Grow Big & Tiger Bloom at 3/4 strength each. During water, it's been water with molasses at 3 Tablespoons per gallon. Once I stop nutes and go for the flush, should I (or CAN I) continue with molasses in the water? or should I cut that too and give JUST water? I know the main purpose of the flush is partly to wash the salts out of the soil and partly to flush the Nitrogen out, letting the plant use up the rest of its stored N. The sugars of the molasses don't affect either of those things as far as I know, but would there be another reason to cut out the molasses during final flush?

Trichome coloring:
which way gives a more head high and which gives the couchlock? I'd like somewhat of a balance, maybe with a slight preference toward head high. I know indicas (or indica dominant hybrids) tend to be more of a body/couchlock anyway where sativas are better for the head high, but I know there is some sort of adjustment available based on trich color/maturity.
For an indica-dominant like my NL, what sort of percentages should I be shooting for with clear/cloudy/amber if I want to lean more toward a head high - or at least as "heady" as an indica-dominant would allow?

Thanks ;)

OK, disregard the trichome color question... apparently I didn't dig enough. As luck would have it, less than 10 minutes after I created this thread, I found a thread in one of the 420 forums I haven't been to yet LOL.

still interested in hearing thoughts on the flushing question though ;)

Trichome coloring:
which way gives a more head high and which gives the couchlock? I'd like somewhat of a balance, maybe with a slight preference toward head high. I know indicas (or indica dominant hybrids) tend to be more of a body/couchlock anyway where sativas are better for the head high, but I know there is some sort of adjustment available based on trich color/maturity.
For an indica-dominant like my NL, what sort of percentages should I be shooting for with clear/cloudy/amber if I want to lean more toward a head high - or at least as "heady" as an indica-dominant would allow?

Thanks ;)

It is more down to strain grown to type of effect it gives than trichome development as no 2 strains are the same in end high/effect !

Trichome colouring may effect things slightly & more likely on the larger majority of clear or amber tric's present...

But optimal THC content is considored around 100% milky/cloudy trichomes.

My last grow was NL by nirvana & found it more of a head high with touch of body which can be a bit trippy if to much is smoked... one of my more favourite strains grown to date as i can do stuff than rather sit back 'n' dribble :love:

Flushing is normally done on the last week or 2 before harvest.

As to help the plant use up excise nutrients with in the medium & plant it self this is said too improve the smoke/flavour by being less harsh & more tasty...

Also the length of cure helps greatly :high-five:

Stop with the molasses at least 2 weeks prior to harvest, just use plain water and do your normal watering up to 4 days before harvest then stop. 2 days before harvest turn off the lights and keep her in total darkness.

Back
Top Bottom