First Attempt At DWC - 5 Gallon Buckets - LEDs

Caramanos2000

420 Member
After 3 or 4 grows in soil without amazing results, I finally coughed up some $ to try some DWC. My grow space is a small 4x2 shower, walls are lines with emergency blankets and the rest is pretty straight forwards. I currently have 4 plants growing in soil that are about 2 weeks old. Im not sure if I should move 2 of those to the DWC or start with fresh seeds in the rockwool, thoughts?

The setup:
2x300W LED Lights
Emergency Blanket Lined Walls and floor
Digital Timer
Window Fan

DWC Gear:
5gl Buckets (Gonna paint white)
Massive Aquarium Air Pump (15lpm) w/4 outlets
4 Small Air Stones
1" RockWool
4lb Hydroton
6" Bucket lid Baskets
PPM Meter
Digital PH Meter
PH Adjusting Fluids
General Organics Go Box Nutrients

Still Missing:
PH Calibration Fluid
Aquarium Tubing
Buckets

20161017_220510.jpg
lights49.jpg
20161017_220812.jpg

rockwool3.jpg

either way..the best is to start them in dirt till they are a few inches tall then transplant ..very gently into dwc....put all 4 in man..it will leave better chance for trial and error

Sent from my SM-G360V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hey man! I suggest you to keep everything as clean as possible.
I grow in hydro and I start my seeds in root riots, let them germinate then I move them in my dwc bucket and hand water them (they dont need much water) for some days till some roots sprout out the netpot. Job is done.
Pay attention to light leaks! even the light coming through the clay pebbles! I may suggest you to get some h2o2 if something slimy appears. Yes I had bad times due to root rot :(

What Nutria sajd. That's how I start my hydro plants too. If you have trouble keep the bucket temperatures down use Hydroguard 2ml/gal to fight off root rot. I quit checking and chasing pH when I started using Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect blend. Best decision I've ever made growing.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom