First Grow, DWC StealthHydro Bucketeer

Right on, I knocked the PH down to around the 5.5/5.7 range. :ganjamon: Thanks for the tip.

The Church finished pushing her shell off yesterday, last night opened up to say hello. :ganjamon:

Churchsprout3.jpg

Churchsprout4.jpg

Great thread. Nice setup. I'll be following. That camera won't be looking down long. It will be fun to watch it get taken over by green.

hey steve, you might want to see if you can push her down in the rockwool a lil bit. or get a slight breeze going on her to strenghtin the stem. just seems like alot stickin out of the rockwool. but congrats on the sprout !

^^ Yeah chevyman, I was thinking the same thing. But I didn't want to go messing with the root system and stunting another plant. lol I was gonna give her a day or two to see if she grows out of it. Not sure why it did that. Maybe I didn't plant the seed deep enough?

hey steve, you might want to see if you can push her down in the rockwool a lil bit. or get a slight breeze going on her to strenghtin the stem. just seems like alot stickin out of the rockwool. but congrats on the sprout !

^^ Yeah chevyman, I was thinking the same thing. But I didn't want to go messing with the root system and stunting another plant. lol I was gonna give her a day or two to see if she grows out of it. Not sure why it did that. Maybe I didn't plant the seed deep enough?

I had a seedling do that. It "heaved" up out of the rockwool and had like an inch of root out and the seedling laying on its side. Yours is not that bad, it still stands up. I had to cut half the root off and place it back in the rockwool. Funny how that plant ended up the biggest yeilder (7 ounces dry).

I had a seedling do that. It "heaved" up out of the rockwool and had like an inch of root out and the seedling laying on its side. Yours is not that bad, it still stands up. I had to cut half the root off and place it back in the rockwool. Funny how that plant ended up the biggest yeilder (7 ounces dry).

Man that's a crazy story! hell of a recovery tho that's awesome. I'm hoping to avoid any kind of surgery like that. I don't think I could pull it off. :peace:

hey steve maybe you could cut another rockwool cube inn half then soak it over night and wrap it around the exposed part ? just a thought..

hey steve maybe you could cut another rockwool cube inn half then soak it over night and wrap it around the exposed part ? just a thought..

I don't have any extra rockwool at the moment, just the 2 that came with my stealth hydro purchase. :hmmmm:... Maybe some shredded ph soaked cotton balls or something for the next few days? Just throwing that out as an option, please nobody kick me for suggesting it if it's strangely toxic or anything lol. :Rasta:

Just got my package from HTG supply. The 400w hps was well packaged, and they shipped right away. Got this puppy installed, fired it up and realized it totally drowns out my cfl's. The light from the cfl's doesn't even reach the plant anymore. The HPS is 24" away from the plant at the moment, and she has started to perk up and point her leaves towards the sky. Temp under the light is hovering around 82 now.

I'll get pics up when I figure out how to take pics in that color specturm, and after I rub on some spf50000000 sunblock. I think my arms got a tan just from moving things around under the light for 10 min... Time for a smoke! :roorrip:

400whps.jpg

This is now a sunglasses on designated area! It's such a wild color change, and the intensity of the light is somethin else. Sorry for the excitement, but I have never had the pleasure of seeing one of these things in person. :Rasta:

nice steve. youll enjoy that 400w. depending on how your plants react. youll be able to get it closer. my 400 mh is 10 " away and they love it.

are those speakers?

Yes they are. The plants get a music mix for a few hours a day of classic symphony/reggae/sounds of the rainforest. :peace: I think all living things are entitled to good music and good vibes. :ganjamon:

Yes they are. The plants get a music mix for a few hours a day of classic symphony/reggae/sounds of the rainforest. :peace: I think all living things are entitled to good music and good vibes. :ganjamon:

I like that Buddy I feel the same way, I think they like it. Not very scientific, but I do it too. Cool :ganjamon:

I like that Buddy I feel the same way, I think they like it. Not very scientific, but I do it too. Cool :ganjamon:

Hey medman glad to hear you treat your plants to groovy tunes as well. Now the science part is even cooler! Mythbusters actually did a show with music and talking in different greenhouses. The results were actually pretty interesting!

------------------
Talking helps plants grow.
PLAUSIBLE
Seven small greenhouses were set up on the M5 Industries roof. Four were set up with stereos playing endlessly looping recordings (as having the Mythbusters actually talk to the plants could contaminate the samples with their expelled carbon dioxide): Two of negative speech, two of positive speech (Kari and Scottie each made one positive and one negative soundtrack), a fifth with classical music and a sixth with intense death metal music. A seventh greenhouse, used as a control sample, had no stereo. The greenhouses with the recordings of speech grew better than the control, regardless of whether such talk was kind or angry. The plants in the greenhouse with the recording of classical music grew better, while the plants in the greenhouse with the recording of intense death metal grew best of all.

Wonder if it was the heavy bass and other vibrations comming from the speakers ? heavy metal is flat out loud witch would create sound waves washing overthe plants stimulating every part of the plant ? :hmmmm: :peace:

Well it's been a while since my last post but the sister in-law and her 2 sons needed a place to stay for a few months, so I had to dump the grow for now. I just had no safe place to keep everything out of sight for the guests. I'll be back though with some new toys for a smoother run. Tent,ventilation and meters are already on the way.

Back
Top Bottom