First Closet Grow :)

WeedQueen

It would be really dope to get some advice because I am pretty new at this. And I want the best grow possible. If anyone has anything to offer, I'd love you FOREVER!

I am growing out of my closet which is my Veg Room and I am in the process of setting up the Flowering Room. Anyway, the closet is completely covered in Reflectix which is awesome because it has bubble wrap inside so it keeps everything cool. I have a small fan inside as well. Plastic lining the floors.

In total, we have 10 plants but I'm only doing a journal on 4 plants.

Strains are:

1 Purple Power: 6 weeks in veg. She was given to me and when I got her, she was in pretty bad shape. Just this skinny ass plant...but I'm pretty proud of her. We're going to move her into flowering in 3 more weeks.

1 Mother's Finest: about 4 weeks in veg.

1 Ice and 1 Hash Spice: both 2 weeks in veg

I ordered from Marijuana-seeds.nl unfem. so let's hope we get some bitches
(with love and respect, of course)

As far as equipment. As of right now, I have a metal halide light (400w), and a xtrasun ballast. But we are getting another metal halide light and a reflector for our flowering room as soon as that is set up.

I use FloraNova nutes and Sunshine #4 soil

Veg cycle is 18/6

Anyway, I can't think of anything else to add right now...here are some pics of everything

Grow Closet
growroom12.jpg

growroom10.jpg

seedlings19.jpg

Ice-Week 1 of Veg
ice11.jpg

Ice- Week 2
Ice21.jpg

Hash Spice- Week 1 of Veg
Hash16.jpg

Hash Spice- Week 2
Hash21.jpg

Mother's Finest- Week 2 of veg
MF22.jpg

Week 3
MF-3.jpg

MF3.jpg

MFW3.jpg

Week 4
MF6-13_.jpg

MF4.jpg

MFW4.jpg

MF6-13_.jpg

MF6-13.jpg

Purple Power- I didn't take too many pictures of her early on because she was so ugly. lol, i now regret that I hadn't because her transformation is bananas! But I've got a couple from a couple weeks ago.
PPP13.jpg

PPP13.jpg

PP9.jpg

As of today 6/13/10
PP6-13.jpg

Wow looks like a great start! Some of the things I think you need to be careful of are pH and heat. Do you have any way to bring fresh air into the grow space and then to exhaust it out? You should probably hang a thermometer down to the height of the tops of the plants to monitor the temps. Too much over 80 degrees F is pushing it.

What kind of water are you using? I've read that the pH of the water you put into the pots should be just about neutral (pH 7) or half a point less (6.5). This is the simplest way to approach it, but many people test the runoff too, since the soil and accumulated salts can have an affect.

Also, let the pots dry a bit before you water each time. The top inch or so should feel dry. You can often get a feel for when they need water by the weight of the pot. Of course, this will change as roots fill the pots and the plants get bigger.

Anyway, whatever you're doing now seems like the right thing. When they go to flowering their nutrient requirements will change and this is when you may have challenges.

Another thing is different strains have different nutrient requirements...and different phenotypes within a strain can have very different requirements. So you can't necessarily feed and water them all the same; you should take care of them as individuals.

Best wishes!

Thank you :)

To answer your question, as far as air flow and exhaust, we have a small fan inside of the closet and another bigger one on the floor outside of it. And we leave the window open mostly. For exhaust, we live in an apartment building so I dunno about going through the wall. Any suggestions?

And you mentioned pH? What exactly is this? I feel like a re-re asking, I've seen some talk about it in other journals.

I've been using just regular tap water, is that not okay?

Do you think I should be using more nutes? If so, what kind would you recommend?

Thank you!
:ganjamon:

good luck i did the ice from there also was a qp alone my very first quality bean grow..

i still wish i had the ice shit was hella tasty and massive bright green nugz coated in trichs.

id throw a lil more dirt in that lil skinny one ya got like another inch or two for better support but they are lookin good for the most part.

maybe try to get some light a lil lower so you get better branching out.

what are you vegging with?

you definitely need to invest in a ph meter might be the reason a few lil yellow dunno bout your tap water but my shit is hard and at 7.8 ph which is way to high need to shoot for 6.3-6.8. for soil but that can all depend where you live. use half and half distilled and tap might get as close as you can get for the time being. distilled water is 5.5 ph which is to low for soil thats why i say half and half for a more settle ratio.

i know my post count is low here just joined this forum myself also but im plenty active elsewhere.

marijuana seeds.nl is good tho stay away from medibud from there that wasn`t very good but ice you`ll never forget..

I've heard nothing but good things about Ice. I cannot wait to smoke this!!!

pH is a measurement of potential hydrogen (whatever that means), it ranges from acidic (0-6), neutral (7) to alkaline (7-14). A range of 6.5-6.8 is often considered optimum for growing Cannabis in soil. The pH sets how well different nutrients and trace elements can be taken up by the roots. So if your pH gets out of balance you'll start seeing signs of deficiency in your leaves, even though you may have given the plants enough nutrients. It's often called nutrient lock-out.

Fertilizers are rated for their Nitrogen-Phosphorous-Potassium content (or N-P-K / like 5-1-1) I'm not familiar with FloraNova, but for vegetative growth a balanced fertilizer (maybe heavier on Nitrogen) is best. Once you switch to flowering, the plants usually demand more Phosphorous and Potassium, and a much lighter Nitrogen level.

A helpful additive is some sort of Seaweed Extract, like MaxiCrop. It's not a fertilizer, per se, but has growth hormones and trace elements.

If the room stays pretty cool you may be OK. HID lights like Metal Halide can build up a lot of heat fast, so the thermometer will tell you what's up.

Hey There :)

I too am growing out of an apartment and I have an idea that I think you will absolutely love. Check out these videos of my grow and grow box that I have posted with in this post for you to check out (youtube) vids. I think you are totally going to dig them :) Growing stealth style but with class :)

Secondly YOU DO NOT want to use MH to flower or bud with. MH is great for vegging and you can also use CFL lights to do the job. But MH are very high in BLUE spectrum. You want lights that are in the red spectrum for flowering. So for your ballast get a 400 watt HPS (High Pressur Sodium ) Light. Or go with Soft White 2700k CfL Lights. But get a lot of them:)

Enjoy the vids and if you have questions hit me up! :goodluck:

YouTube - Grow Box Armoire Stealth-First Grow-B.C. Juicy Fruit! #1
YouTube - Grow Box Armoire Stealth-First Grow-B.C. Juicy Fruit! #2
YouTube - Grow Box Armoire Stealth-First Grow-B.C. Juicy Fruit! #3

I too am growing out of an apartment and I have an idea that I think you will absolutely love. Check out these videos of my grow and grow box that I have posted with in this post for you to check out (youtube) vids. I think you are totally going to dig them :) Growing stealth style but with class :)

Secondly YOU DO NOT want to use MH to flower or bud with. MH is great for vegging and you can also use CFL lights to do the job. But MH are very high in BLUE spectrum. You want lights that are in the red spectrum for flowering. So for your ballast get a 400 watt HPS (High Pressur Sodium ) Light. Or go with Soft White 2700k CfL Lights. But get a lot of them:)

sorry Jucyfruit,, it won't let me,, says I gotta spread it around.. DoH!

+reps juicyfruit.. I was gonna mention to get a HPS for flower...

weedqueen... pic looks good.. (and your girls are nice too:cheer:)

since you are in an apartment,, I am sure your girls will get smelly soon.,, you might want to check out DIY Odor Control Bucket

good luck i did the ice from there also was a qp alone my very first quality bean grow..

i still wish i had the ice shit was hella tasty and massive bright green nugz coated in trichs.

id throw a lil more dirt in that lil skinny one ya got like another inch or two for better support but they are lookin good for the most part.

maybe try to get some light a lil lower so you get better branching out.

what are you vegging with?

you definitely need to invest in a ph meter might be the reason a few lil yellow dunno bout your tap water but my shit is hard and at 7.8 ph which is way to high need to shoot for 6.3-6.8. for soil but that can all depend where you live. use half and half distilled and tap might get as close as you can get for the time being. distilled water is 5.5 ph which is to low for soil thats why i say half and half for a more settle ratio.

i know my post count is low here just joined this forum myself also but im plenty active elsewhere.

marijuana seeds.nl is good tho stay away from medibud from there that wasn`t very good but ice you`ll never forget..

Thanks for the info :) I'll definately try half and half for now.

I am vegging with FloraNova. These nutes were given to me by a buddy who helped get us started. I think I'm going to finish using them for the 2 big ones but maybe start the others on Fox Farm.

you're videos are nice. you have a very nice set up. plants look very good. I'll be following your grow mosr defiantely.

damn, that sucks with the metal halide light though...how much is a high pressure sodium light? And do you know of any risks that come with having that light? I'm always worried about explosions and shit...lol

Anyway, thanks kid, like I said, I'll be watching. :)

+reps juicyfruit.. I was gonna mention to get a HPS for flower...

weedqueen... pic looks good.. (and your girls are nice too:cheer:)

since you are in an apartment,, I am sure your girls will get smelly soon.,, you might want to check out DIY Odor Control Bucket

THANK YOU HERB ZEN!!! Helped out a ton!

THANK YOU HERB ZEN!!! Helped out a ton!

welcome,,, glad I could help..

take a look at the balast you got,, you may be able to flick a switch on it and run a MH or HPS off it,,

if not, you can get "conversion" bulbs a MH that will run on a HPS ballast and a HPS that woud run on a MH ballast...

most of the newer ones are switchable...

do you know of any risks that come with having that light? I'm always worried about explosions and shit...lol

I do not believe they are any less safe than a MH bulb,, just make sure you match the bulb to the ballast both in style (MH/HPS) but in wattage as well

:goodluck:

I wouldn't worry too much about your lamp. Here's a bud that was, if I remember correctly, grown with 1000 watt metal halide. It's the first picture in the thread, Brazilian Haze:

Creme De La Creme Cannabis Photos

I got two thermometers, right now I'm running at about 77, is that okay?

My ballast supports both so I think I'm good. :) My flowering room is only about 5x5...do you think that is enough space to flower?

Also, what are some signs of overfeeding? I notice everytime I feed, the tips get a little yellow and dry up...

and lastly, how long do I have before I need to re-pot these?
babies20.jpg

babies110.jpg

thanks so much for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

:headbanger:

looking good..

a couple of threads you might want to look at

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

and for diagnosing problems

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

what size pots are those? just a fyi, my first girl is in a 5gal,, but my friends are all in 3gal, and I think that is what we will stick with for the new room..

I do not have enough exp to tell you when you need to transplant,, but I have read a little about signs of being root-bound,, but I am sorry,, I do not remember them,,, there will be others here to help though,, I promise :)

right now, I am flowering my first baby in a 2.5 x 2.5 room,, so a 5x5 should be plenty of room.

looks like you got a bucnh,, all different sizes,, do you plan on doing a perpetual grow?

(that is actually my plan for the new room)

looking good..

a couple of threads you might want to look at

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

and for diagnosing problems

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

what size pots are those? just a fyi, my first girl is in a 5gal,, but my friends are all in 3gal, and I think that is what we will stick with for the new room..

I do not have enough exp to tell you when you need to transplant,, but I have read a little about signs of being root-bound,, but I am sorry,, I do not remember them,,, there will be others here to help though,, I promise :)

right now, I am flowering my first baby in a 2.5 x 2.5 room,, so a 5x5 should be plenty of room.

looks like you got a bucnh,, all different sizes,, do you plan on doing a perpetual grow?

(that is actually my plan for the new room)

I just went and picked up some 3 gallon pots, those seem like a pretty big enough size for my space. Also picked up Fox Farm nutes to start on all my Ice babies :) My flowering room is almost set up, going to go pick up a HPS bulb and in probably a week, we're going to start flowering Purple Power. So I'll have some pictures here of my set up soon.

And yeah, that's the plan. We pretty much want to grow and harvest as many plants as possible before we move to California. This is something that I want to be doing for a very long time so I want as much experience as possible growing. So, A LOT to do...but well worth it.

we're going to start flowering Purple Power
sounds good.. can't wait to see the pics.

oh, another FYI,, digital camera put EXIF data on the pics.. like camera model, date, time etc.. I have heard of the Iphone also puts gps data on it.. I don't know of any others..

but me being a little paranoid... :) I use photo shop, load up the pic and hit "save for web" that will strip out all the EXIF data... before I upload to here. Maybe it's not needed.. but like I said.. I am a little paranoid.. hehe

:goodluck: :peace:

Lets see some flowering room set up!

P.S. My new Video update drops tonight... Be there for the Veg Party. Ladies always get in free!. Top shelf boose till 10:30 just one dollar!

Back
Top Bottom