First Coco grow

rsrick

Hello everyone .
This will be my first Coco grow and have a few questions.
I have 4 blueberry autos and will be growing outside in the greenhouse. I'm using Canna Coco and have a+b nutrients to use and cal mag if need be. I was wondering do I feed from sprout or let the seed use its own nutrients. Also when they go into there pots how often should I feed . I'm assuming I start off small with nutes and slowly build . I've also read about pre soaking Coco. Any help would.be massively appreciated . Thanks you.in advance

Hello everyone .
This will be my first Coco grow and have a few questions.
I have 4 blueberry autos and will be growing outside in the greenhouse. I'm using Canna Coco and have a+b nutrients to use and cal mag if need be. I was wondering do I feed from sprout or let the seed use its own nutrients. Also when they go into there pots how often should I feed . I'm assuming I start off small with nutes and slowly build . I've also read about pre soaking Coco. Any help would.be massively appreciated . Thanks you.in advance
Some people wash their Coco prior to planting the seed. It takes a whole lot of water to flush it properly if you go that route. Took me about 30 gallons of water pH'd to 5.8. Poured all 30 gallons through a 2 cu. ft. bag of coco that I put in a storage tote drilled full of holes. I just kept flushing the Coco till I got run off water of 5.8 pH. After the Flush I feed the soil with Nutes & Cal Mag right away & just let it sit for a day or 2 before I use it. This was the way I was taught.
There are people out there who don't wash their Coco at all also. All I can say is I never had a pH issue after I flushed the Coco the right way. I can't verify if the others had any issues or not.
Coco you never let dry out & you never feed your plants just plain water. You use nutes every time you feed / water. You pH to 5.8 because you treat Coco pretty much the same as Hydro. It's best to feed to run off twice per day during Veg & 3 times per day in Flower. Every time you feed you also supply needed oxygen to the roots which makes the roots & plants grow faster & larger.
I would feed Cal Mag from day 1. Coco is a Cal Mag pig. I usually just add 1 ml. the 1st couple weeks. Then 2 ml. the rest of Veg. & 3 ml. when I get to flower (per Gallon). If leaves start to show rust spots you have to increase the Cal Mag as that is a Mag deficiency. Leaves with yellowing in them could be a Nitrogen or Calcium def.
Coco is a lot of work when feeding by hand so you wont want to do more than 4-5 plants; unless you have a lot of extra time on your hands. Best to use a drip system or Auto Pots for Coco if you ask me. I quit growing in it because it's too much work for me.
You said you are doing 4 Auto's. Start them in the Final Pot (like a 5 gal.); don't up-pot. If you plan to top it you need to top before day 21. After that an Auto will start to Flower & it's not a good time to Top.
Hope this info helps.

Some people wash their Coco prior to planting the seed. It takes a whole lot of water to flush it properly if you go that route. Took me about 30 gallons of water pH'd to 5.8. Poured all 30 gallons through a 2 cu. ft. bag of coco that I put in a storage tote drilled full of holes. I just kept flushing the Coco till I got run off water of 5.8 pH. After the Flush I feed the soil with Nutes & Cal Mag right away & just let it sit for a day or 2 before I use it. This was the way I was taught.
There are people out there who don't wash their Coco at all also. All I can say is I never had a pH issue after I flushed the Coco the right way. I can't verify if the others had any issues or not.
Coco you never let dry out & you never feed your plants just plain water. You use nutes every time you feed / water. You pH to 5.8 because you treat Coco pretty much the same as Hydro. It's best to feed to run off twice per day during Veg & 3 times per day in Flower. Every time you feed you also supply needed oxygen to the roots which makes the roots & plants grow faster & larger.
I would feed Cal Mag from day 1. Coco is a Cal Mag pig. I usually just add 1 ml. the 1st couple weeks. Then 2 ml. the rest of Veg. & 3 ml. when I get to flower (per Gallon). If leaves start to show rust spots you have to increase the Cal Mag as that is a Mag deficiency. Leaves with yellowing in them could be a Nitrogen or Calcium def.
Coco is a lot of work when feeding by hand so you wont want to do more than 4-5 plants; unless you have a lot of extra time on your hands. Best to use a drip system or Auto Pots for Coco if you ask me. I quit growing in it because it's too much work for me.
You said you are doing 4 Auto's. Start them in the Final Pot (like a 5 gal.); don't up-pot. If you plan to top it you need to top before day 21. After that an Auto will start to Flower & it's not a good time to Top.
Hope this info helps.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Great advice , will take it on board. Will I have to feed as much even if I'm growing in a greenhouse? I grew in soil last year and know some of the signs of when to feed and so on , I guess it's just experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Great advice , will take it on board. Will I have to feed as much even if I'm growing in a greenhouse? I grew in soil last year and know some of the signs of when to feed and so on , I guess it's just experience
As long as the Coco never dries out you will be fine. It's not like soil with a wet & dry cycle.

Hope this info helps.
Hey mate

I have 2 autos in 2 x 5gallon pots with coco and perlite correctly flushed to 5.8.
Both seeds sprouted , and then I got the call to piss off for 2 weeks !
My Mrs is a gun !
She sprays around seedlings with 15 pumps.
My question, do I need to ad 1ml of cal mag to spray bottle or do I need to soak the whole plant and obviously Increase the cal mag ?
Hence I will use a watering can and poor slowly all over the base of the pot ??
Much appreciated

signal-2021-09-16-203444.jpg

I always watered with it straight to the Coco as a preventive maintenance type thing so I didn't get Cal Mag issues.
But if you already have the issue you can spray the undersides of the leaves with it for quicker response. Spraying the tops of the leaves doesn't do much since the stomata they drink through are on the underside. Best done at lights off.

With my coco grows i use a 30/70 pre mixed never wash. and start feeding from the go reco is 1ml to l.
I give me seedlings 0.5 ml.Coco has nothing for the seedling she will yellow fast with no nutes.I will water my coco
pot day before i put the spouted seed in with nutes and keep at room temp.So many ways and none wrong unless you
dont get the results you want.

PS. clones just get the reco nutes 1ml to l never had an issue.
I will use a starter or kantana roots if i have them for first week but if not i just just a/d and calmag.

If any of you guys are interested you can look at my 1st journal for info on Coco growing. "Old Salt" was pretty much a master at Coco & he guided me through the grow. I think he passed away as I haven't seen him in ages on either of the sites he was a member of. I hope I'm wrong; but it is how it looks.

Back
Top Bottom