First Grow-Aero-Stealth Box

how dry are your pot right now? if your pot is on the dry side I would take your plants to the shower, place a milk crate underneath and adjust the water so it is around the same temperature or slightly warmer then the air and pass a lot of water through the pot to flush them. the standard dose of calcium and magnesium is 5 millilitres to 10 millilitres per gallon I believe for both soil and water.

And to add on, I thought to mention that if you are using RO/DI water, there won't be any source for Ca or Mg for your plants to absorb from, so I use the 'light feeding' dose recommended on the label every time I water my plants.

A question for King though: Since soil is more of a retainable medium than most hydro mediums, how often would Sky need to use this if it is in fact a deficiency.

As far as I know KJC is subbed. Hey, do you or anyone else have a deficiency/lockout chart? I've read somewhere, but can't remember where that if a certain element is over fed to a plant, it can cause the plant to lock out a different element, e.g. too much P locks out Mg or something like that.

I mixed 3 ml to a gallon of distilled and pHed to 6.7 and added 3 solo cups (16 oz) to the soil. I just watered it with a whole gallon 24 hours ago so did not want to over water. Also put some hydroton on the top of soil to help manage evaporation. The recommended dose for a light mix was 5ml of CaMg, so I think 3ml should be safe.

Also found another neat little fact. CaMg is fairly acidic and Armor Si (silica) is pretty alkaline, so I adjusted the water's pH with these 2 additives. She's still looking wretched and dropping leaves like crazy. Her canopy is pretty thin and she's been keeping up on the self lollipopping so I wont need to @ week 3 if we get there. I really hope this is a CalMag issue and is resolved quickly.

On another note, I am on a quest to DIY an air pot, and I've even found the material needed to do it called "Dimple Drainage Sheets"
Dimpled_Plastic_Drain_Sheet.JPG

I am now hard pressed to find a distributor for this material, but once I do, it would be as simple as cutting a piece, drilling holes on the dimples of a specific side, and drilling holes on a bucket lid and wrap. Anyway, when I search, all roads lead me to alibaba to negotiate a price from an overseas vendor. I'm not feeling that at all. Any ideas how to continue this search?

Edit: I plan to order the RO/DI machine this next Fried'day and maybe get it a little sooner than the following Fried'day, so I'm still 2 weeks with distilled. As far as your other point, I always thought this was true so I tried to stay at a dialed down feeding as the soil production of the plant was just too noticeably slow in my young eyes. I noticed the best gains when I was feeding it 100% micro, 50% Grow and 25% bloom at the end of veg, but that is also about when I introduced H2O2 into the feed and it all began to go down from there. I'm wondering if it is already too late to try and revert back to a "live" environment as the sterile one at least as of now doesn't seem to be where it's at for this grow. I have a sample packet of Myco Tea, plus a jar of Great White Mycorrhizae, so if those 2 could help, please advise.

Mid day update;
Day 6 of Flower
The adding of a light water and CalMag solution is being received well. Leaves are starting to flatten again, color is stabilizing and I expect the rusty spots to dissipate hopefully soon. She has thinned out her canopy quite a bit over this mishap, but is still a long way from having the towel tossed in. Hang on, let me show you.

DSCF13971.JPG
DSCF13983.JPG
DSCF13992.JPG
DSCF14002.JPG
DSCF14012.JPG
DSCF14041.JPG
DSCF14052.JPG

Last week, I cut the bottom off a 5 gal bucket and put some seedling trays underneath to keep the pot hovered above the drain off. After watering, I add a 1/4" hose to the end of my 100ml syringe and suck most of it up to dispose of. I also just noticed while taking these pics that the temps are 78°F and RH is 45%. I also wanted to get this updated floor plan into my journal for online access to it.
Complete_Site.JPG

And to add on, I thought to mention that if you are using RO/DI water, there won't be any source for Ca or Mg for your plants to absorb from, so I use the 'light feeding' dose recommended on the label every time I water my plants.

A question for King though: Since soil is more of a retainable medium than most hydro mediums, how often would Sky need to use this if it is in fact a deficiency.

if you are using distilled water or Reverse Osmosis water you will need to use a calcium and magnesium supplement every time water is used until 3 weeks before harvest when it should be discontinued. He would need to use the calcium and magnesium supplement every time he uses water until 3 weeks before harvest.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Thanks a million KJC! I'm more confident now that it was a calmag deficiency as I never did add it before and did not know I was supposed to. I thought the 3 part would have handled most of that?

Thanks KJC, I am now equipped to handle that.

I just hung the Scrog net up. I tried to use all of the weight on the plant, but it felt like it was starting to crush, so I hung it from some eye screws in the corners. Also, will be getting some more water to mix another batch as I can see the wilting starting to come back. I'll shoot for a 100-200 PPM light mix and adjust pH. Also thinking of a way to add 4 more bulbs for more lumes. Probably bring the 6500's back.

DSCF14062.JPG
DSCF14073.JPG
DSCF14081.JPG

2ml - Armor Si
3ml - CaMg
1ml - Flora Micro
.25ml - Flora Grow
1.25ml - Flora Bloom

255 PPM
6.5 pH (above composition brought Distilled 7.0 right to 6.5, no up or down added)
6.3 pH is what drained out

As far as I know KJC is subbed. Hey, do you or anyone else have a deficiency/lockout chart? I've read somewhere, but can't remember where that if a certain element is over fed to a plant, it can cause the plant to lock out a different element, e.g. too much P locks out Mg or something like that.

I mixed 3 ml to a gallon of distilled and pHed to 6.7 and added 3 solo cups (16 oz) to the soil. I just watered it with a whole gallon 24 hours ago so did not want to over water. Also put some hydroton on the top of soil to help manage evaporation. The recommended dose for a light mix was 5ml of CaMg, so I think 3ml should be safe.

Also found another neat little fact. CaMg is fairly acidic and Armor Si (silica) is pretty alkaline, so I adjusted the water's pH with these 2 additives. She's still looking wretched and dropping leaves like crazy. Her canopy is pretty thin and she's been keeping up on the self lollipopping so I wont need to @ week 3 if we get there. I really hope this is a CalMag issue and is resolved quickly.

On another note, I am on a quest to DIY an air pot, and I've even found the material needed to do it called "Dimple Drainage Sheets"
Dimpled_Plastic_Drain_Sheet.JPG

I am now hard pressed to find a distributor for this material, but once I do, it would be as simple as cutting a piece, drilling holes on the dimples of a specific side, and drilling holes on a bucket lid and wrap. Anyway, when I search, all roads lead me to alibaba to negotiate a price from an overseas vendor. I'm not feeling that at all. Any ideas how to continue this search?

Edit: I plan to order the RO/DI machine this next Fried'day and maybe get it a little sooner than the following Fried'day, so I'm still 2 weeks with distilled. As far as your other point, I always thought this was true so I tried to stay at a dialed down feeding as the soil production of the plant was just too noticeably slow in my young eyes. I noticed the best gains when I was feeding it 100% micro, 50% Grow and 25% bloom at the end of veg, but that is also about when I introduced H2O2 into the feed and it all began to go down from there. I'm wondering if it is already too late to try and revert back to a "live" environment as the sterile one at least as of now doesn't seem to be where it's at for this grow. I have a sample packet of Myco Tea, plus a jar of Great White Mycorrhizae, so if those 2 could help, please advise.
Super cool material, hope u can find a good source of it. Both the cap'n and B.I.D. Have made homemade airpots maybe they have some good pics in there galleries.
I had some of the most beautiful plants ever just about ready to go outside and the next day they fell hard. It turned out the reverse osmosis with little to no calcium or mag added was the problem. This was like ten years ago but ever since if i use ro i add cal mag
. Im not to the page that shows your pic but 5-10 mls per gallon surely would help, once you get it leveled out keep em on a light amount everytime you water with ultra low ppm ro water.
Im going to go see the pics now

They don't look that bad, i also think you could switch to live beneficials added to your soil. Its amazing how fast they can go down once you kill the herd or colony which ever you wanna call it. I would add a scoop of great white or some form of mycos to a twenty ounce water bottle gently shake for a minute and add to your water/nutrients and feed. Then make a batch of Heisenberg tea and give that to them once a week. I think they'll pick back up and finish nicely for ya

Flower Day 9

I mixed up a feed regimen @ 50% recommended strength for everything except the Supreme Grower's Sweet Myco Tea, that I added the entire 5 gram packet as per instructed. I referred to the Early Bloom/Drain To Waste schedule for the GH Flora nutes. I don't pretend to know if I will be able to reintroduce a live environment back into a sterilized soil mix, but we'll see. What's been added;
GH Flora Micro-----2ml
GH Flora Gro-------0.5ml
GH Flora Bloom----2.5ml

GO CaMg----------5ml
GH Armor Si ------1.25ml

Sweet Myco Tea 5 grams

PPM- 650
PH - 6.5 (no adjustment)
drain off PH was 6.3-6.2, I'm very happy with this.

Throughout this past week, I just been checking the amount of stretch gained from previous nights and if it was enough to pull the shoot back through the screen to be put in the next square. I feel the need to ensure that if I do bring a shoot to a further out square, that it can stand up through that square and receive good light on the tops of it's leaves. If the shoot is not long enough for that, I leave it be for another day. Also I have been auditing underneath the canopy looking for any growth that I know will not make it to the top of the screen. These growths I remove as there are so few and most of the lollipopping has already been done, I figure taking ones here and there won't stunt growth too much anyways. Also pictured is the line up of nutes that I mixed for better reference. I was surprised at how dark this feed mix turned out. Even before the tea was added, the CalMag solution from General Organics (GO) made everything very dark and the nute itself smells like a concentrated form of vinegar. When I added the 5 gram Tea packet and shook the jug up, this made the mix very frothy. I let it settle for about 10 minutes before adding. I am keeping the light roughly 8" above the canopy. I'd like to have it closer, but need the span of light to be wall to wall. Still considering adding more light in there. I know it would improve yields, but it would hinder my next investment in the new space and I want to get that up and running STAT!

I don't have any justifiable reason, but I feel that this feeding will help the overall plant health a lot. Don't really know why, just got that feeling. These past few days I've been thinking I got a male as I've usually only seen the single hair looking spike standing off most node points, and yesterday I thought I saw a sac or two. Today however, I am seeing what appears to be hairs protruding from within a couple of bud sites. Still have yet to see a calyx with the 2 hairs to give me the tell tale signs, I will none the less be religiously watching for the sign.

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice?

DSCF14091.JPG
DSCF14101.JPG
DSCF14111.JPG
DSCF14122.JPG
DSCF14131.JPG
DSCF14141.JPG
DSCF14151.JPG
DSCF14161.JPG
DSCF14172.JPG
DSCF14183.JPG
DSCF14213.JPG
DSCF14242.JPG

Dang nabbit! I think I got me a dude or a tranny. What do you think?

DSCF14253.JPG
DSCF14282.JPG
DSCF14292.JPG
DSCF14322.JPG

I'm gonna wait for a 2nd and 3rd opinion, but I posted this query to a thread and already got Rico Suave' tellin me it's a dude, so I might be wrapping this journal up with a big fat loss @ 0-7 plants grown.

That's a real bummer, Skybound.

I just read through your journal.

I don't see any loss, just tons of experience gained in a short time :)

I understand that these were all bagseed and clones thereof?

Think of what you could do with quality genetics!

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom