Box-1.PNG
Box-2.PNG
Box-3.PNG
Box-4.PNG
Res_Table.PNG
Aero-Top_Drip-DWC.PNG
Box-5.PNG
Remaining_Glass.PNG

Perhaps this should not yet be classified as a journal. If not, I apologize. This box is a plan that I've been meticulously designing for 3-4 weeks now. I am starting from complete scratch, shy of some bag seed and a few beans my room mate has and claims to originate from some nugz. As I am starting from scratch, I have a pretty extensive list of things to buy and with a 2 week window of no bills (this and next), I will be doing quite a bit of shopping in the days to come. Once everything is constructed, I will drop some beans and have at it.

From you awesome folks, I request criticism, as much as you feel might help. I pre-apologize for sounding obtuse. As this and other Journals are archived for future researchers, I do request keeping kudos (unless warranted) and subbed posts to a minimum to benefit the next man that is in search of info.

I am known in my circles as being one that over thinks everything, and I believe this may show in the pictures. But for my girls I will spare no expense (within reason). I live in a small city somewhere in the northeast US and necessity dictates that I keep this grow on the hush. i will address every measure of security I can think of, but I want to utilize the space I have to maximum efficiency to get the absolute best quantity and quality my unlearned hands can produce. I get that this will be a learning and growing experience for me, but I wish to provide myself with as many tools as possible to better increase my rate of success.

I will try to acquire most of the remaining materials on my list within the next 2 weeks, but I know I will have to leave a few things and just purchase them as I go from week to week. Below is a list of the things I have on that list. Somethings may be in the pictures and not on the list, or vice-a-versa. I apologize for that as it's a work in progress, plus I may have already bought it.

01 - 1/2" Barbed Tee......................................................................................$00.50 DH
01 - 10' Length 1/2" Poly Tubing......................................................................$03.00 DH
02 - 1/2" Poly End Plugs..................................................................................$03.90 DH
01 - 50' Roll 1/4" Vinyl Tubing..........................................................................$05.95 DH

01 – NDS 4 in. PVC 45-Degree Hub x Hub x Hub Wye………………………………………$05.12 HD
02 - NIBCO 4 in. PVC DWV 90-Degree Hub x Hub Elbow…………………………….…..$08.84 HD
01 - JM eagle 4 in. x 10 ft. PVC Sewer and Drain Pipe………………………………….….$07.35 HD
01 - Master Flow 6 in. Starting Collar Take Off - Snap Together……………………..$04.48 HD
02 – Speedi-Products 6 in. 30-Gauge 90 Degree Round Adjustable Elbow….….$05.36 HD
03 – Leviton 660-Watt Keyless Twin-Socket Lamp Holder Adapter………………….$07.44 HD
01 - Viagrow 20.5 in. x 8.5 in. Seed Propagating Seedling Heat Mat……………….$19.97 HD
01 – Defiant 15 Amp 7-Day 8-Outlet Digital Timer Power Strip……………………….$18.97 HD
01 - 72 in. x 36 in. x 5/32 in. Twinwall Plastic Sheet…………………………………$13.46 HD (cut to 30x48 for inner door)
01 - Rubbermaid 18 Gallon Roughneck Tote..............................................$08.47 HD (15.9D x 16.5H x 23.9W)
01 - Stalwart Ratcheting PVC Pipe Cutters…..……………………………………………………$11.99 HD
01 - PRO-SERIES 19-Piece Hole Saw Set with Case………………………………………….$12.97 HD (3/4”-5”)
01 – PVC Cement…………………………………………………………………………………………………$04.44 HD
01 - 1/2" x 10' PVC Pipe..........................................................................$01.81 HD
04 – ½” PVC Slip Caps…………………………………………………………………………………….….$01.44 HD
01 - 1/2" PVC Cross................................................................................$01.46 HD
04 – ½’ PVC FPT Male Cap…………………………………………………………………………………..$01.48 HD
02 - 1/2" PVC Tees..................................................................................$01.32 HD
01 - 1/2" PVC 90 Elbow............................................................................$00.31 HD
02 - ½” PVC Solvent Socket Ball Valve.......................................................$03.32 HD
07 - 1/4" Plywood 4'x8'............................................................................$97.65 HD
02 - Shepherd 2 in. Rubber Wheel Rigid Caster………………………………………………….$06.26 HD
02 - Shepherd 2 in. Swivel Plate Caster………………………………………………………………$07.30 HD
02 - 3pk Everbilt 3.5" 5/8r door hinge........................................................$15.96 HD
01 - Rheem 12 in. x 12 in. x 1 in. Basic Household Pleated Air Filter……………….$03.97 HD
03 - 4 in. Brown Louvered Plastic Vent…………………………………………………………......$06.78 HD
02 - Everbilt 3-1/2 in. Zinc Plated Adjustable Staple Safety Hasp……………........$07.94 HD
04 – Speedi-Products 4 in. White Round Soffit Vent…………………………………………..$08.28 HD
01 - Speedi-Products 6 in. White Round Soffit Vent……………………………………………$02.58 HD
02 - Master Flow 6 in. X 96 in. Aluminum Flex Duct……………………………………………$25.70 HD
01 - 2x4 Stud..........................................................................................$02.87 HD

04 - 1/2" Side Outlet SxSxFPT Elbows..................................…....................$06.40 LW
02 - AC Infinity HS1238A-X Fans............................$31.98 AZ (4.7x4.7x1.5) 110CFM @47DBa (20 watts/110V)
01 – 20 LBS bag of Active Carbon…………………………………………………………………………$45.90 EB (12x12x5=720)
01 - IMAGE® Aluminum Water Cooled Single-Row Heat Exchanger Radiator……$15.09 AZ (6.2” x 4.7” x 1.1”)

01 - iPower Grow Light 400W HPS/MH Dimmable Air Cool Hood Set…………….……$143.89 HG (23X17x9) Ballast – 120V/8.6A 240V/4.3A - 50/60Hz - PF>0.99

01 - iPower 4" Inline Duct Fan 175 CFM………………………………….$47.00 HG (8.5x12x11)
01 - ActiveAqua Pump 250 GPH……………………………………………….$13.10 HG (16 watts/120 VAC)- 384W per 24 hr day
01 - Clonex Rooting Gel, 100 mL……………………………………………..$17.88 HG
01 - Jungle Juice Grow 4L…………………………………………………………$18.18 HG
01 - Jungle Juice Bloom 4L……………………………………………………….$18.18 HG
01 - Full Circle Stream Micro Spray Jets, pack of 10………………$03.98 HG (11.9 GPH @ 25 PSI)
01 - Sunleaves Rocks 0.25"-0.5" 13lb/10L……………………………..$06.71 HG
01 - ActiveAir Indoor-Outdoor Thermometer w/Hygrometer…$14.96 HG
01 – pH Control Kit…………………………………………………………………..$12.90 HG
01 - TDS-3 Handheld TDS meter……………………………………………..$20.81 HG

Quick question, I have Advanced Nutrients (AN) Jungle Juice on my list. My local hydro store sells General Hydroponics (GH) and a few others, but at roughly twice the price. IS AN products equal to or better than GH?

Based upon the space, would a cool tube be better suited than the air cooled hood?

subscribed. very good plants, well though out. i have never used Advanced Nutrients but i do use General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients with good results, just have a look at my grow journal in my signature. either a cooltube like i use or an air cooled hood are acceptable to reduce cabinet temperatures and allow closer placement to the plant canopy. you should add your grow journal to your signature so it is easy for members to find. to add your grow journal to your signature, go to top right, Settings>Settings, left hand side,My Settings>Edit signature, copy the web address from the first page of your journal and paste it into the open window.

I knew I should've waited to start my journal as I went ahead and got 2 of those PC heat exchanger radiators, each to be used in conjunction with the 100CFM PC fans. Also, I am thinking of revamping the overall design of the closet. So instead of having a box within a closet, maybe utilize all that extra space and gain about 10" of height and 8" inches of width with still 20" of unused space on each side. That would expand my usable grow area to 30"D x 38"W x 58"H above the tote lid. Still on the fence with that though as committing to that design would mean committing to that closet.

Anyways, I hope to generate some feedback regarding design flaws, suggested CFM ratings, Nutes to use for a beginner including how much of each or anything else that I may be too close to comprehend.

Edit - I am subbed to your LA Confidential John and thank you for the reply. I took the suggestion and added my journal to my signature last night.

Edit - 2, What sized net cups should I get? I am planning for a 4 sight Aero to allow the girls to unwind with some LST and eventually ScrOG. Gonna spend some quality time in veg to form them each to best use the space, then flip the lights when I feel I'd like them to start flowering.

i would build the cabinet as tall as you are able and give your light as much height adjustment as possible, as you can tell by my one plant in there it will grow to the space provided, a second plant was just added today. my one plant spans 2 feet.

i would build the cabinet as tall as you are able and give your light as much height adjustment as possible, as you can tell by my one plant in there it will grow to the space provided, a second plant was just added today. my one plant spans 2 feet.

2', that is frightening in my space. I imagine though your buds will be massive as you have great light penetration all the way to the lowest branch. I look forward to your next video. if I do go for the closet stretch, I will definitely need the shelf to adjust up and down as gaining the added height goes well past the height of the closet door.
Closet2.PNG

So i got some really bad news. My room mate mentioned my plan to a trusted cop friend of ours who said it would be a bad idea b/c the room mate is a registered gun owner etc etc etc. Can you say ouch!!! Anyways, since I am already too invested, I will continue my collection and build, though dropping some goodness is definitely shit canned for the time being. I will just work on my green thumb with bell peppers and maybe some tomatoes till my situation evolves from this crippling setback. I will keep reading your successful grows and hold my breath till I can join ranks.

Peace ALL!!!

Wau, amazing setup, well thought!!! Cops are not good new, ofc he will say its not a good idea, its a effin cop, first golden rule when growing, its not to tell anyone.

Dont mean to sound pesimist, but ive been snitched before and it SUCKS. Im sure everything will be alright for you, its not a mass production grow! :) Keep it up, cant wait to see how it goes. :peace: Irie, Jah bless!

In spite of this recent events, I still trust my room mate with my life. The cop I kinda trust, but he's still a cop. Yeah I know I broke the golden rule, but it did provide me with a small opportunity to continue building my setup the way I want it (with a few adjustments), time to gain experience in nute mixing and application, LST, FIM, ScrOG and a few other techniques, and most importantly a lot less pressure. I will look for a new, far more secure location (one that nobody has to know about) and by that time I will have basic skills, all the materials needed to hit the ground running and peace of mind. I've found something that I've always been passionate about. I was once a member of Overgrow.com and did a bunch of research then (12 years ago), but that wasn't the right time in my life. Now IS. So to answer your question John, Yes and No. This obviously wont finalize as a cannabis grow any time in the near future, but I know I have a couple good ideas that can be used to help the next man. With that said I will post pictures of my complete setup in a couple weeks and share the results of a couple ideas such as the inner wall carbon filter. I think that's a winner for growers in confined spaces.

This might amuse you. My roomy dropped a bean from his bag seed collection in some random compost/potting soil mix about a week or two ago. The seedling is definitely struggling and resembles a mesmerized cobra. I've had extreme doubts since it sprouted as to it's ability to survive, but it kept on keepin on. Maybe if it can hold on for a week or 2 more, I'll give it a big boost and see. Here's a pic
Sprout10.jpg

I have since put the little fella in a hamper with a CFL (unknown output), 1 of the PC fans I got for my dream box and tuck it into an obscure corner behind my door. I covered 2 of the walls with white Bristol Board (used to draw portraits) to block light leaks. With a small piece of that BB, I fashioned a reflector for behind the CFL to control amount of light going out the top and to get more light to the struggling seedling. Aside from plugging in the fan every once in a while to circulate, I don't really have anything else to give as I wasn't planning to grow for another week or 2 (maybe 3).

With an already strained budget, I'm looking for extremely cheap ways to improve his/her chances to grow some more. the PC fan blows too much and sounds like a tiny vacuum cleaner so for starters I'd like to cheaply dial down the speed if possible to maybe 50%. Also I'm lost as to what to feed it aside from tap water. I guess I can get a jug of distilled. i poured a tea cup of tap water in earlier and maybe 20% came right out the bottom inside of a minute or two so I can see at least decent drainage. Any thoughts as to what I can do for elemental supplements? Don't know the quality of dog doo doo. I don't have access to poultry poop save for the white stains all over the windshields.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
In_a_hamper.jpg
Blocked_leaks.jpg
110_CFM.jpg
CFL_with_cheesy_reflector.jpg

In spite of this recent events, I still trust my room mate with my life. The cop I kinda trust, but he's still a cop. Yeah I know I broke the golden rule, but it did provide me with a small opportunity to continue building my setup the way I want it (with a few adjustments), time to gain experience in nute mixing and application, LST, FIM, ScrOG and a few other techniques, and most importantly a lot less pressure. I will look for a new, far more secure location (one that nobody has to know about) and by that time I will have basic skills, all the materials needed to hit the ground running and peace of mind. I've found something that I've always been passionate about. I was once a member of Overgrow.com and did a bunch of research then (12 years ago), but that wasn't the right time in my life. Now IS. So to answer your question John, Yes and No. This obviously wont finalize as a cannabis grow any time in the near future, but I know I have a couple good ideas that can be used to help the next man. With that said I will post pictures of my complete setup in a couple weeks and share the results of a couple ideas such as the inner wall carbon filter. I think that's a winner for growers in confined spaces.

This might amuse you. My roomy dropped a bean from his bag seed collection in some random compost/potting soil mix about a week or two ago. The seedling is definitely struggling and resembles a mesmerized cobra. I've had extreme doubts since it sprouted as to it's ability to survive, but it kept on keepin on. Maybe if it can hold on for a week or 2 more, I'll give it a big boost and see. Here's a pic
Sprout10.jpg

Alright bro, That sounds good, if you feel alright, thats enough to keep on fighting to grow the herb. I would cover the cobra (Rofl) up the cotyledons with soil, and maybe water with some rhizotonic or mild root enhancer. (no nutes at this size).

I would go easy on LST, scrog or other stress causing techniques, specially if you are planning on making her flower before being sexually mature.

Im sure you know it, but weed is weed bro, as long as you provide her with care, attention and love, she will give it back, all the best for those plants, cant wait to see them boom bloom!!

Weedy sunday tomorrow bro. :peace:

I will see if he can get his hands on the same mixture he used to start this cuz I don't want to try to uproot it. Also, the stretch is a result of surviving a heatwave with little to no attention at all. Plus where he had the pot only received about 4-5 hours of direct sunlight each day. I don't get how it survived this long, but whatever, now that I have control, I'm gonna do my best with what I have at my disposal, even if that means tossing my dirty laundry in the corner for a week or 2. The BBQ skewers are there simply to support the stretched stem. If she wants to lean on it she can. Well hopefully "she".

I will see if he can get his hands on the same mixture he used to start this cuz I don't want to try to uproot it. Also, the stretch is a result of surviving a heatwave with little to no attention at all. Plus where he had the pot only received about 4-5 hours of direct sunlight each day. I don't get how it survived this long, but whatever, now that I have control, I'm gonna do my best with what I have at my disposal, even if that means tossing my dirty laundry in the corner for a week or 2. The BBQ skewers are there simply to support the stretched stem. If she wants to lean on it she can. Well hopefully "she".

I see what you mean! Im just saying, because in all my expirience (Which isnt much tbh :<) I've encountered that by doing that, not only she develops more feeding roots, as well they usually grow thicker stems eventually. But im sure you will provide her ("her", fingers crossed) with the best of what she neads.

We had more so I have her buried up to about an inch below the cotyledons. we'll see what the next few days bring...

We had more so I have her buried up to about an inch below the cotyledons. we'll see what the next few days bring...

Good move bro, +reps to you! Keep it up. :peace:

Thats some kind of roomy! Cop friends are still cops. Why would he even mention that? If i were in your shoes i'd make him my partner in crime by telling him we're growing your plant & mines together & go forward with your grow. I bet $100 he will never mention it to his cop friend again. But if he told a cop i guarantee you he's still going to run his mouth to all his regular friends. Either way im subed

It is what it is and I'm not focusing on what's done, only what I can do from this point forward. I'll update this one I got on the burner as I go. I just transplanted it yesterday to add some perlite and the shock was noticed. I'm thinking of cutting a pepsi bottle top and bottom and using the middle portion to form a clear fence around the inside of the 6" pot, then mixing vinegar and baking soda to make CO2, then spilling the invisible gas into that fence to see if the concentrated CO2 aids the transplant shock.

You can make a mix of sugar and yeast! great Co2 producer. Look up for "Poor man's Co2".

Back
Top Bottom