First Grow - Bag Seeds - Advice Welcome

MrOutDaWay

Started with 12 bags seeds germinated in the paper towel method which was successful in which 10 of the 12 germinated and I proceeded to plant in clay pots with a organic miracle grow soil or potting mix big mistake. Had lost already 6 plants before I corrected that mistake and put it in the Ferry Morse indoor outdoor gardening all purpose potting soil.

Re: First Grow Bag Seeds Need Help With Direction

20151010_093811.jpg
20151010_161008.jpg
Here are a few pics of the remaining three that survive after transplant. Using ferry-morse Organic all purpose potting soil, in addition to happy frogs all purpose fertilizer. Hopefully these three remaining ladies survive my lack of knowledge & mishaps.

Honestly start this grow about 8-9 weeks ago just found the website Couple days ago I guess I was moving a little faster then I needed maybe with the help of these forums and website month or two ago the knowledge would have been useful I've ran across here recently.

First set of pictures are under a thousand watt LED bulbs from Home Depot around twenty bucks I had a light cycle of 18 / 6 since I started vegetation with these ladies. Watered every 3 or 4 days with just bottled water with a drop or 2 Alaska fish fertilizer. Was under this setup for about 3 weeks. I did experience stretching or what I come to find out to be stretching due to my light set up being too far away my young stems, became very weak had to assist with the various bread ties in the pots you see.

That sucks for sure. But you have gained powerful knowledge and your next grow will go much smoother than this one. Keep at it and if you start another grow be sure to do a journal and send me an invite. :)

20151117_180031.jpg
20151117_180035.jpg
20151117_180045.jpg

20151110_142938.jpg
Yeah not the greatest but its not all bad have two remaining out of 12 8% survival rate. To standing real strong under the original stated nutes scheduling feeding. These last two ladies still stretching out a bit I do believe it's from the cheap white light I have I just switched it going to load those pictures soon too.

Not too familiar with this site how would I do that do I move the whole journal as one or do I have to start everything all over

Plant 1 Doing Well with new 50w LED Grow Light
20151120_175517.jpg

Plant 1 Just Loving New light And new Nutes
20151120_175441.jpg

Plant 2 Isn't fairing so well under new or nutes not quite sure which of the is the problem
20151120_175623.jpg

MORE CURLING
20151120_175612.jpg
20151120_175539.jpg

that looks like light damage from too intense of a light. Back off the LED about 12 inches. And those likely wont come back. Those are "sun burnt"...but new ones should be good.

I use LEDs for all my grows along with cfl's. With that, the plant looks like it has a little magnesium deficiency. To correct that, just get you some Epsom salt for Wal-Mart or a place like that. You can find a small box of it over in the pharmacy area. Its an over the counter product so you don't have to ask for it with the pharmacist. Place around a half teaspoon in a gallon of water. Then just use that water to water your plant for the next couple of days to a weeks time. If its not a mag issue it wont hurt your plant esp in that low amount. If it is a mag issue then the leafs will STOP the curling and will be just fine in about a weeks time. The leafs will continue to grow and you'll never be able to tell there was any type of a mag issue at all later on. Just don't over do the salt portion to water! Maybe even make it a little less if you like, say maybe a fourth teaspoon for a gallon of water. A little goes along way with this, but when it is a mag issue it does GREAT! Take care and let us know how it all goes for you.

One more thing for you. Your plant looks good other than the slight curling you've got going on. It looks pretty healthy to me! Don't get all worked up over the curling either. I'm pretty sure the Epsom salt will totally take care of that for you!

Back
Top Bottom