First grow closet on an armoire closet with CFL

Re: First grow closet on a armoire closet with CFL

amazing that fluxing is incredibly. This is something that I definitely will take a shot at. talk about training.

ok so trying out to pull air through the charcoal filter instead of pushing it out. Let see how my experiment works. The photos are pretty self explanatory in the DYI.. (if you can call it a DYI, more like jerry rig.....)

once I get a chance going to get a clamp and run the charcoal mesh through the outside instead of inside, this is just experimental.

opinion, criticism, .02 cent, etc... are well receive.

haha its DIY... not DYI hahaha I was high

so I think I'm getting my heat issue fixed. one big mistake was pushing air through the charcoal mesh is not as effective as pulling air through the charcoal mesh. next went to staple gotba jumbo pencil cup, stop at my local goodwill and found a wooden box that with a few modifications, made into a reducer/filter box. ( no photos of how the box looked before. temperature are down to 83 max 72 lowest.

20140601_000348.jpg
20140601_000335.jpg
20140531_235103.jpg
20140531_235057.jpg

20140607_191356.jpg
20140607_191339.jpg
20140607_191249.jpg
20140607_191232.jpg
20140607_185819.jpg
Alright made a few changes to the grow closet. I removed the middle shelf now I have 10 extra inches on the flower chamber ( that's what she said) and 2 " on veg. I replaced the metallic reflective insulation and now I have a white reflective surface keeping max temp at 82° f . I believe that I have the perpetual grow setup going. gonna be keeping my girls in 5 stages 1clone, 2small veg. 3big veg. 4early flw ( 1st 4 weeks) 5late flw. looking to moving 2 lady every 4 weeks or 6 ( trying to fall into rhythm). Now I hope that on my second run I grow my ladies better, because on my first I'm lucky they still alive. guilty of all first time grower mistake, plus more.

my question is, can I transplant right before I go into12/12 or should wait 2 weeks after transplant.

20140617_201306.jpg
20140617_201249.jpg
so close I xan feel it. first week of flush.

2014-06-25_18_10_31.jpg
2014-06-25_18_09_39.jpg

everything is going well. perpetual grow in motion.

Final results on my 1st harvest after drying I ended up with 34g not what I was expecting, but it could have been worse, I could have killed them. On my second run I'm adding to my regimen some Mendocino Avalanche week 3 to 5 and going to bump up my mycorrhizae feed with watering days. Let's see if I can get 48g+.

I'd just like to say thanks for this journal it has inspired
Me to go out and get a cabnet and put some lights together and give this a grow.

Thanks scottybgood, i am glad to hear that I helped someone. Something to always keep in mind on a micro garden the environment can changes quickly. Take in consideration outside temperature, air extraction method and intake. I seen some nice, big I'm talking about 7 feet tall armoire for about $50 bucks at habitat for humanity restore and in some salvation army store. Keep your eyes open.

20140705_213430.jpg
20140705_213154.jpg
2014-07-05_22_02_46.jpg

PPG going strong each set of my ladies are 4 weeks apart, have some cuts rocking and the bagseed I was experimenting with is closer to coming down even doe my main concern are my unknown ladies (maybe they are afghani so was I told, from the only two bean I found in what was supposed to be a sinsemilla. ) goal is to every 4 weeks I'm cutting down 2 ladies.

Hope I can just ask yah a question about your paint job with Thermoplastic Polyolefin did you paint that on for its reflective white surface and do you think just a bright white paint might do the same thing?

Hope I can just ask yah a question about your paint job with Thermoplastic Polyolefin did you paint that on for its reflective white surface and do you think just a bright white paint might do the same thing?

No the TPO is white and it's an expensive roofing material, I'll pick it up from work on the down low. and yes I agreed with using white paint. I have read that non gloss white works well.

Hey it's me again asking about your grow box. I can't make out what did you use to separate Veg area from Flowering area and did it keep out enough light for you. My armoir is just about ready to begin a new adventure. I will take a few photos in a bit to get your opinion and thoughts if yah don't mind.

Hey it's me again asking about your grow box. I can't make out what did you use to separate Veg area from Flowering area and did it keep out enough light for you. My armoir is just about ready to begin a new adventure. I will take a few photos in a bit to get your opinion and thoughts if yah don't mind.

sure, can't wait to see your setup. let me know once your post is up.

I used a peace of the foam that it's use to cover a/c pipelines, I place it between the wooden divider to create a tight seal and between the doors with carbon charcoal mesh, no lights leaks (I know it, because I got inside and closed myself in there). I made a few changes as I experience and built my box. at first I was going to have 3 chambers, but as time went on I realized that I was going to need more head room so I removed the middle chamber. on making the light trap I YouTube it, Google it and found plenty of ideas, I was amazed by all the information I gather.

my advice is to be creative, think in the built out and how to make it better.

20140717_185537.jpg

SB. this is what I used to block out light between the chamber.

now my problem is that it's growing faster than what I thought. I added to my regimen " Recharge " and BOOM they are growing quick and healthy. I was thinking that by having the veg. chamber around 83° RH 55 (best I can do for now ) high heat and poor ideal environment, I'll be facing slow growth, but was I wrong and when I bring em to my Flip (77° RH 51) BAMBOO! They kicking off, I mean on my first grow I only had a 16" and here I am in w2 with a 20" (this is the one on the left, the one's on the right are on w4) same clones.

20140717_183407.jpg
20140717_183359.jpg
2014-07-17_18_35_07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom