First Grow - DWC - 366W CFL 24800 Lumens - 4 Strains

Re: First Grow: DWC 366w CFL 24800 lumens 4 Strains

Idk what is going on but I tried uploading more picks from this morning but the site is wigging out not letting me upload any more for some reason not sure.

Alright, i've got my humidity up to 60% , my temps both at around 70 degrees, and all but the grape fruit has thriving roots and are ready, and the sdgrapfruit has finally cracked open to expose a tiny root nub. I put them all in the rockwool earlier today and I already checked them earlier and they're already growing in digging into the moist rockwool. I'm sure i'll have little sprouts soon! here are the pics.

Alright, all the plants look good. They all have visible leaves that are about to break away from the seed shell. All except the SDG. At least it has a good bit of root growth. I'll have more pics up later today when I check on them again. I'm at perfect conditions, I moved my set up a little. I basically switches the places of my fan and humidifier, so there is still plenty of circulation, but I'm not constantly blowing fresh air in and blowing all my humidity out. Now, any new air that comes through, has to come through the humidifier. I'll have pics with the plants of the change. Because of this I can't use that space to keep a mother, but I think I have a nice place to put them completely separate from the closet.

Temp: 68
W Temp: 68
Humidity: 80%

Alright, i've got some nice pics! Got a pic of the new fan/humidifier set up, got pics of the plants, and got a pic of the temp (the outdoor temp being the water, i've got an aquarium therm but haven't put it in yet) The plants are growing well! The super lemon haze is already almost 2 inches out of the rockwool! Pinapple express isn't too far behind it and blue widow already has leaves but hasn't sprouted out yet. It's already turning purple! Here they are, I put them in on the 17th so now it's day 4, gonna kick the lights on soon, gonna give it another day or so, they're not ready yet.

new setup
old_1_.JPG

temp
grow_1_.JPG

Pineapple Express
grow_17_.JPG

Super Lemon Haze
grow_10_.JPG

Blue Widow
grow_13_.JPG

Sweet Deep Grapefruit
grow_12_.JPG

Tell me what you guys think!

Yea that light getting to your roots through those huge gaping holes you made in the rock wool isn't good.

what holes are you talking about? And I don't have my lights on yet. I'll add more on tonight, before I cut them on. Starting my 20 on/ 4 off veg light cycle started, at 2:00 am I'll cut them on for the first 20 hours.

The holes are only like 1/3 of the way through the rockwool. Anyway. got an update. They aren't looking to good is some ways, but they are thriving. I brought the lights down alot more, as well as kicked on two of the cfls near the back, will have a pic later of the setup. Here is the update on the plants.

Day 9 - Week 2
Temp: 67
W Temp: 69
Humidity: 46% (Not happy with this)

I did several things today, I gave them a water change, the water was all green and slimy, the water was in the res about half a week before the seeds were ever even put in them. I also added 1/8 of a full dose of nutes to the water. I also got that pesky seed shell of the pineapple express.

The blue widow is doing very nice.
late_res_change_3_.JPG

The SLH has stretched out which is why i've lowered the lights more and turn the cfls on in the back to the opposite direction in which it is stretching. It has shown the most development though and it already has it's second set of leaves forming.
late_res_change_1_.JPG

The pineapple express has starting growing at a terrible angle but I think once it grows more it will be fine. It's jagged leaves are a little stunted but it should grow find now that shell isn't pinching them anymore.
late_res_change_2_.JPG

There are alot of things I feel like I could have done better to avoid these problems, but hey, it's my first grow. I don't have high hopes for that grapefruit though. It's bloomed out it's first two leaves, but it's still down in that hole. If it doesn't make it, I think i'm not going to pull the blue widow as a mother and I'm going to let it just keep going with the rest of them.
late_res_change_4_.JPG

When talking about the holes I was talking about diameter og the hole not how deep the holes are. Your holes in the rock wool are too big around not supporting the plants well. I have been having trouble this week with humidity too, I think because it is warming up where we are, or the lunar cycle is messing us up lol. Try and get the light with in 5'' of the plants so they will stop stretching, thatis what they are doing trying to find the light. They don't look like they are dying. The hole is to big around on the grapefruit I would grab it right below the leaves and pull it out of the hole and pinch the rock wool around it for some support.

I'm gonna work the rockwool a little tonight or tomorrow to try to fix that. I did move the lights, they are very close and they don't seem to be stretching any more to get to it. I know they aren't dying, they just aren't looking as nice as I would have like. Having the light closer from the get go would have helped this alot, as well as the size of the holes. I made them when they were dry so when they got wet they just blew open. I also have a few cfls turned on and positioned close to the edges. I'll have pics of the light set up tonight.

Alright, here's a big update with plenty of pics.

First of all, the Sweet Deep Grapefruit didn't make it. I tried what vic recommended yesterday and I found this shriveled up at the bottom.
dead_grapefruid.JPG

So I pulled the rockwool out for it and swapped it's place with the blue widow. I had a little bit of nute burn on the blue widow but it looks like it has healed and thriving.

I felt filled the massive holes with rockwool, because I think that was one reason they weren't as healthy as could be. I also set my lights to 24 hours, since I feel 20/4 wasn't doing any more bad than good, and put my feeder tubes to run for 15 minutes every 2 hours. I think they were being over watered which is why the stems were turning red and the blue widow also I think had some kind of root damage, whether it be from the hydroton resting on top of it or the amount of light and heat getting to it's roots before I filled the holes with rockwool.

So here are some side by sides I made, from pics from saturday and pics from yesterday.
Pineapple Express:
PE26.jpg

Blue Widow:
BW6.jpg

Super Lemon Haze:
slh87.jpg

So, I've fixed most my problems, and they are thriving. It's day 11 for them although I think they may be a little stunted from before, but now conditions are good.

The temp as been in the low 80's for the grow area with low 90's directly under the lights. If it gets warmer I'll run the AC as well as have a direct vent from the AC to the grow area. This will cut down on the amount of fan venting to cool them which is venting the humidity as well, although I've been able to keep it around 50%. So here is a photo, all take from today, Feb 27 at around 5:00 pm central time.
update_feb_27.jpg

The super lemon haze of course is doing the best except for it's long reaching at the beginning. At this point if I don't mess up too badly I'm sure they'll all pull through and get BIG!

To answer your question from last night, when your plant starts flowering little white hairs will start popping out all on the nodes of the main cola as well as the branches and the leaves they will start growing in crazy places. The over all plant will loose symmetry the flowers will retain some of their symmetry. Important events in ppp life check out this guys time line you can tell when they started flowering.

Well, I've plugged the holes with rockwool even better this time, pushing the roots to the bottom which were growing but coiling up in large space I had created by only sticking rockwool around the top of the hole. The fact that they have plenty of roots, the blue widow actually had a cable of a root compared to the others, so I am no longer worried it's going to die. When doing this I also poked a few holes through the bottom of the rockwool. I feel like this will make the roots even more inclined to grow towards the water and not coil up like they were. The SLH even had a root trying to come up back out of the hole.

I have also added more airflow with a second ocelating fan positioned to blow over the top of my box fan.. I think they weren't growing because the heat was stunting them. The temps were easily in the 90's under the light. I've been able to cool everything considerably with the temp under the light staying in the mid to low 80's at it's hottest with the room temp in the 70's as well as water temp staying around 70. They have shown a few new signs of growing after this and I think they are finally on there way to start doing something!

Hi Zilfana, way to go in getting these babies to bounce back!! Is there any possible way to drop those temps down below 80, even 79 would be rocking and rolling! Keep up the focus!

Peace,
LT

Hi Zilfana, way to go in getting these babies to bounce back!! Is there any possible way to drop those temps down below 80, even 79 would be rocking and rolling! Keep up the focus!

Peace,
LT

Man it is getting hot down here in the South I have ran my A/C all day today to keep it at 77F under my light. Dam groundhog lied

Well, 420magazine is having problems with the photo gallery. Trying to upload photos. I'll have them up as soon as it works. Anyway, I had a res change today, March 1, Thursday. Everything went smoothly and the plants are doing great! They have very noticeable growth since the 27th and I'll have a side by side comparison once I can get the photo up. The temp was a little hot (close to 100!) when the AC was off for awhile, but not for long enough that it would hurt anything. I'm at 1/4 of a full dose of nutes, with what looks like may be a little nute burn on the pineapple express, but nothing serious and they can take it. The pineapple express also has the first little bit of visible roots! They are doing just fine finally! I'm not going to post a constant temp update, just that everything is around good conditions, if not a little hot sometimes or less humidity than I would like, they'll do just fine, until any new problems arise, if any.

Alright, so here's the pictures from yesterday. I also have pictures from today though, and they must have loved that res change because they've shown huge growth just in the last 12 hours or so between these pictures. The fan-setup is doing better at cooling it with temps as high as only the low 90's even when I've got the closet door shut for awhile (I don't do this often but it is locked up in a closet for a reason. What good is it if I can't shut the door to hide it. It's almost never that someone else gets to go in that part of the house anyway though, aside from me and my fiance. Once I have to start lifting the lights it won't get nearly as hot. It's just all that heat in that little space between the light and the top of the reservoir.

March 1 - Day 14 - Week 2 of veg:
March_1_Compare.jpg

The pineapple express has shown huge improvement, as you'll see from today's pics, and, like I said before, already has roots showing.
DSC_02155.JPG

And here are today's pics:
March 2 - Day 15 - Week 3 of veg:
Super Lemon Haze:
Mar_2_SLH.JPG

Blue Widow:
Mar_2_BW.JPG

Pineapple Express:
Mar_2_PE.JPG

I'm glad that after I've finally worked out my few beginners problems that they've shown great improvement. I can't wait to taste that pineapple express!

like LiveTour said, great job at nurturing them back to health, it might just add another week and a half or 2 to your flowering time.

Back
Top Bottom