First Grow - DWC - LSD - 600W MH/HPS

BudBadger

Hey 420 team glad to finally be up and running!! First a huge thanks to all the rookies and pros and all in between for sharing your slips, tricks and remedies through your journals its a huge huge help!! Well so here I am BADGER on the start of this journey seems like ive been waiting for this forever!! Please feel free to stop on in anytime and see whats new, this is my first grow so ALL and any advice or opinions are urged as im here to learn and share so lay it on me!!

So two jumper cables walk into a bar the bartender yells HEY you two dont start
nothing. Ok ok lets get down to buisness.
Strain: barneys farm LSD. had two feminised seeds but unfortunately only one popped.
Room: appollo 4×4×6.5 grow tent
Room temp: 73 lights on 70 lights off
Rh: 30-40%
Dwc 7gallon tote holding 4.5gallons
Nutes: ill be using gh florasheild, gh flora gro, micro, bloom also have gh florablend gh koolbloom gh floralicious and rapid start. Also have the gh florakleen.
Light: 600 watt appollo cool tube digi ballast and mh/hps bulbs.
The little baby who the wife has named Faith broke through the rapid rooter 3 days ago 1/20/16.
Im sure I left something out just let me know and ill throw the answer on here. Im going to go figure out pictures now cause whats a journal with out lots of pics!! Hey thanks for stopping by and hope you stick around.

20151220_131616.jpg

This is the inside of my dwc tote. Have one cheap airpump for each two 4" airstones and runs nice so far. I use frozen water bottles around my tote to keep temps nice and cool around 60-65. So far my ph is holding at a 5.8 5.9 and not sure about ppm at this moment.

Hi BudBadger, i am not familiar with DWC but was always intrested in it, so im along for the ride! im new to this site and i am on my first coco grow. used to grow with soil and ive used the nutrients your using now with soil and they worked great for me. ive only been growing for a lil under a year now with one actual harvest, i dont count the others as they were only maybe an ounce and was done with t8 bulbs. and as for the salt build up from your storage solution i also would like to know that answer. lol hopefully someone chimes in on that. for now i have been also checking pH with the drip test just incase my meter is off without me knowing. i wish you healthy growing and a wonderful harvest, if you have the time swing by my first journal sometime, its in my signature. ill be looking forward to your updates

Hi BudBadger, i am not familiar with DWC but was always intrested in it, so im along for the ride! im new to this site and i am on my first coco grow. used to grow with soil and ive used the nutrients your using now with soil and they worked great for me. ive only been growing for a lil under a year now with one actual harvest, i dont count the others as they were only maybe an ounce and was done with t8 bulbs. and as for the salt build up from your storage solution i also would like to know that answer. lol hopefully someone chimes in on that. for now i have been also checking pH with the drip test just incase my meter is off without me knowing. i wish you healthy growing and a wonderful harvest, if you have the time swing by my first journal sometime, its in my signature. ill be looking forward to your updates
Hey Cstump420 welcome and glad your here!! I will check on your grow first thing in the morning.

I use the GH 3 part as well, along with floralicious plus, just started the koolbloom along with other things. Are you using r/o water ? might need calmag...
Hey PTSDgrower thanks for stopping in I appreciate it. I don't use RO water, my little grow den is in the basement and I was scurrying around looking for a water source so wouldn't have to haul water up and down, I found a water outlet by my water heater, hooked a hose to it and now it is my water station, however the water reaks like chlorine and its ph is like 7.5 I believe, so I fill my tub and let the water sit for a day or two is my plan. So I'm hoping I don't need any cal mag but we will see. Thanks again for stopping by and hope you stick around bud

I've looked at DWC setups but didn't think to do one. Probably more afraid to than anything. Well I'm tagging along... :popcorn:
Hey Arieon69 thanks for stopping in and tagging along I appreciate it. For me when I was reading up on hydro vs soil and the process for both the choice was clear for me, so maybe I bit off more than I can chew but I'm in good hands so we shall see how it goes. Thanks for sticking around!!

I also am using Barney's Farm seeds Pineapple Chunk. All six sprouted and are almost 3 weeks old now. If the seed that didn't germinate still looks ok, I'd try a different method of germinating it.
I almost went with the pineapple chunk myself the only thing that changed my mind was when I searched how some grows were going and it seemed like a lot of people were having a hard time with her, so I'll def be watching your progress

Back
Top Bottom