A69s 1st FFOF Soil - OG Blueberry CKS - CFLs

arieon69

Hello all. I've been a lurker here for about a month and a half. I'm already well into my first grow, but I started on about a week ago and decided to do a journal based on its progress and the last of few weeks of veg on the Dec seeds.

What I am growing:
Original Blueberry CKS
75% Indica
THC: 20.33% CBD: 1.4%
3 CFLs 6500k on an 18/6 light cycle
FoxFarms Ocean Forest and Perlite on a 3:1 ratio
General Hydroponics Grow Series nutes
Tap water 5.6-5.8 PH

Germination was in soil. Kept breaking tap roots being too rough lol. It has already been dropped once. Lol moving things around. But it's alive. DIY panda film tent appx 3'x2'x3.5'. Currently surviving the blue solo cup life. In week 1 of veg, day 4 I believe. I'd have to go check. I have an HPS on the way for the bigger ones. Not sure on sex of the Dec seeds. Looks like they could be female. I'll post some pics of those as well for help.

IMAG078410.jpg
IMAG078312.jpg

First grow I kept really close to the light. Not right on top but maybe 12" or so. I was worried about height but I may have stunted 2 of its overall growth. We'll find out how they fare once I move into flowering. One is about 2 weeks behind them and it's tall. But based on the way its growing, I feel it will be a male. It's has gotten tall fast. Not a whole lot of branches for it's age. I'm basing this off of grow pattern with the first two. Even with the light being close, they starting growing multiple branches. This one, a total of 6-8. Straight up and down. Have a look for yourself.

IMAG077810.jpg

Here are my two beautiful bushes... First one is bushy. The shade shows why I need the HPS like yesterday. The other okay given the early episode of "I"m not sure, but I'll wait it out to see if it gets better." I have no idea what was wrong, but I believe it was a Nitrogen deficiency. But I digress... PHOTOS!

IMAG07759.jpg
IMAG07769.jpg
IMAG07777.jpg
IMAG077912.jpg

Happy growing..

Welcome. It looks like you are off to a good start. You may want to consider and LED. Keep those nodes nice and tight. You want to keep your CFLs as close as possible with out burning them. 1-2" is usually best. :peace:

I considered LEDs the MarsHydro 300 I believe. But since the big girls were so far along, I recanted. However, the HPS setup is coming with a 400w 6500k MH bulb. I will use that to finish veg for the girls and then CFLs for the baby.

Got some more pics to post here shortly.

So I took a pH reading of the water from run off. I set my pH to 5.6 and the run off is 5.2. What exactly does that mean? I don't have a PPM reader for some reason.

IMAG078510.jpg

Here are the CLFs. Snapped some more pics of the little buddy.

IMAG07899.jpg
IMAG078811.jpg
IMAG078711.jpg
IMAG079011.jpg

Now the leaf here is just something i was bored with. I was trying to see how long I could keep it alive. It was pretty slumped yesterday but I "made" this humidity dome. Today it's standing straight up :high-five:

IMAG07869.jpg

So not much to update, I got my smart pots and HPS light in a day early. I feel as though I could've went with 3 gallon instead of 5. That thing is massive! I just bought some more FFOF for the pot but it's gone already.

Blue is just growing along. I'm glad that it didn't take too much damage from dropping her. She's so tall and flimsy. Checked her cup she's a week old from soil break.

Question. Is there remotely anything I can do to help my girls grow taller? Or will the be stumpy for the rest of their life cycle? I read somewhere that when you jump into flowering that the plants can shoot up then.

The common statement is that they will stretch to double to triple in size during early flowering.

You can try raising your lights a bit to get them o stretch up to reach it. Within reason of course, a little at a time.

Okkie dokie, Blue hit a stretch mark so I went ahead and topped her. She's been doing fine under CFLs. We've still got a ways to go though.
IMAG079610.jpg

My big girls have gotten lollipopped and super cropped, on separate occasions of course. And now, with the cycle being 12/12 they've gotten some nice stretch to them. I'm feeling a lot more confident. Now if I can just keep my humidity up. What's the best range?

Bushy before:
IMAG079212.jpg

Bushy After:
IMAG079712.jpg

Slum Runt After (No before shot apparently):
IMAG07949.jpg

Slim Before (I think):
IMAG07958.jpg

Slim After:
IMAG079913.jpg

Things are looking good by my standards. Hopefully it keeps up. Oh and I find myself having to water a lot more now. I do waterings in between feedings because I guess when the heat and humidity is around 80ish, it just starts to evaporate. Doesn't really bother me though and it hasn't effected the plants as far as I can tell. :Namaste:

Hey boss hows the day treating ya? Hey your blue that you recently topped how many nodes or set of leaves did she have when topped?
The first topping? I got 2 from it. I'll snag a pic later. She was past her set of true leaves or right past it. Found out my babes are looking like full grown men . well at least one is. I'm sure the others will as well. Only uncertainty is the baby and she's nowhere near that mess.

Going to update tonight... Question, my girls are guys unless they're hermies and I have the one I thought to be a male turn to what appears to be female.

Can I place her back into veg?

I may or may not have (I did) topped the flowers not paying attention. So putting ber back, gives them nodes a chance to produce new tops. Or that's my theory. If not, I may just snag some clones and leave her be.

Going to update tonight... Question, my girls are guys unless they're hermies and I have the one I thought to be a male turn to what appears to be female.

Can I place her back into veg? Not worried about it anymore. Seems she's been pushing energy and produces more colas.

I may or may not have (I did) topped the flowers not paying attention. So putting ber back, gives them nodes a chance to produce new tops. Or that's my theory. If not, I may just snag some clones and leave her be.

And so without any more delay.. Pictures.

BudBadger, here is the pictures of the baby. You can see the two new nodes as opposed to the one. I topped it about a week ago.
IMAG08139.jpg
IMAG08117.jpg

Here is the male... I was really conflicted with him. He was growing so beautiful and it almost made me keep him. I killed him off last night though.

IMAG08059.jpg
IMAG08068.jpg

The other two are female and that makes me happy. Not sure if you can see the pistils in the picture. But they're there.

IMAG08035.jpg
IMAG08099.jpg
IMAG08077.jpg
IMAG080212.jpg
IMAG08017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom