CaliGrownSac's 1st Grow Soil, CFLs, & a Closet 4 Clones

caligrownsac

Ok. Here we go.
First time grower, so I can use ALL the help possible.

I started with one clone given to me Northern Lights hybrid (not too sure what cross was). This clone was in terrible shape when I got it: wilted, yellow leaves, etc. I gave it some sun for about 2 weeks. When I realized it was actually growing, I went to the hydro store. There I picked up a T-5HO with reflector kit and Roots Organics Soil.

I had the NL hybrid under the T-5 for about 3 weeks and it grew. I was doing tap water then switched to distilled at this point.
I also bought a Green Grapes clone at the dispensary.
Both stayed under the one T-5 for about 3 more weeks.
At this point I went to Home Depot to pick up some budget CFL lighting.
I got an 8" hood and put two 23w CFLs (5000K, 1250 lm). I also went to Rite Aid for a space blanket (low-budget grow).

This set has been the same since. I am planning on adding 2 more 2 CFL/hood lights per the existing one. That is all I can afford at the moment. I still need a couple fans, temp & humidity reader, pH reader, nutes, and obviously a bigger light (I'm thinking 400w) for flowering.

I also just added two more clones (same time). First is a BlackBerry Kush which already smells good, and the second is a Grand Daddy Purple. I think the GDP was the top off her mother as color and smell are very apparent.

Sidenote: I had a mite problem with the NL hybrid and GG, not sure which produced them, but both had them. I bought Neet oil and a spray bottle. I have done 2 applications. First time on NL hybrid and GG. A couple days later I added the BBK and GDP clones, so I sprayed all 4 ladies. I also added a fly ribbon. Mite and gnat problem seems to be going away. I will do about 3 more applications then get some ladybugs.

Ok. So now you whats up. I'll be posting pics in a bit. Thanks for reading and looking forward to everyone's help.

CaliGrownSac :bong:

Re: CaliGrownSac's 1st Grow *Soil, CFLs, & a Closet* 4 Clones

Ok. Here are some pics.

NL hybrid on its own.
phpHuMGEcPM.jpg

Here are both the NL hybrid and Green Grapes.
phpuvFRjOPM.jpg

I then moved them to a different part of closet. Added CFLs.
phpUJ7MdbPM.jpg
phpObm7MnPM.jpg

Then added the hood.
php0WkK4HPM.jpg

Then added two more clones. BlackBerry Kush & Grand Daddy Purple
phpXTzRgWPM.jpg

Here is Nl hybrid. She grows fast.
phpi7n7NLPM.jpg

phpAMbmbXPM.jpg

phpl4br2RPM.jpg

Green Grapes. Getting bushier by the day.
phpJ7fRYRPM.jpg
phpsRF7fJPM.jpg

BlackBerry Kush
phpCfRYqNPM.jpg

Grand Daddy Purple
phpQ6ZGJVPM.jpg

OK. So that's it for now. I'll post new pics in a couple days to show growth.

ANY help is appreciated. I am first time grower. I hope Im doing it right so far.
More CFLs coming soon.

Time for a rip :roorrip:

CaliGrownSac

Ok. Quick update. Correction on first post about CFLs, they are 27 watt 5000k.
I also added a 42w 2700k (2600 lm) CFL with its own reflector.

I started 12/12 on the NL hybrid. She is tall, about 4ft now. Two days into flowering.

Here is a pic of the new setup. I'll update soon with pics of BBK, GDP, and Green Grapes.
420mag.jpg

High CaliGS! Looks like a great set-up. Are you going to flower in the same room or a separate one?

Your one plant is a monster, she looks very promising.

When growing with CFL's I think it's best to try and keep all the girls roughly the same height so you can keep as much of them as possible near the lights. You can't do anything about her of course but for the others I'd recommend lst'ing them starting as soon as possible. I fim'ed and lst's all of mine and got a lot better at it as I went along. You want to create a bunch of bud sites on each plant all about the same height instead of one giant main cola, because the cfl's just don't penetrate very well. I'll be glad to help you any that I can.

You look like you've done your homework. There's no doubt that you can grow some nice bud with cfl's. If you can throw in a 400w hps for flower all the better.

Good luck and thanks for visiting my grow! Peace.

Quick update.
I still need to add some more CFLs for side lighting.
I still need to buy nutes, I'm on a budget so I dont know how long until I can buy some.

NL is showing good flowering signs.
Here is a pic of her in the separate closet for dark time, right before I watered and put her back under light.
NL_closet.jpg

Here is a picture with flash.
NL_flowering.jpg

And here is a view from the top.
NL_top.jpg

Side profile of Green Grapes.
Green_Grapes.jpg

Here is the Grand Daddy Purple. She is ready for transplant, I saw one tiny root poking out from the bottom yesterday.
GDP_side.jpg

Here she is from the top.
GDP_top.jpg

Here is the Black Berry Kush showing good vertical growth.
BBK.jpg

BBK_Top.jpg

Time for a rip:bong:

High caligrownsac!

Your ladies are looking mighty fine brother! mighty fine indeed!

One thing though, I couldn't help but notice the spots on one of your gals:
GDP_top.jpg

Have these inceased since you took the photos? or what this an earlier issue you already have taken care of?

High caligrownsac!

Your ladies are looking mighty fine brother! mighty fine indeed!

One thing though, I couldn't help but notice the spots on one of your gals:
GDP_top.jpg

Have these inceased since you took the photos? or what this an earlier issue you already have taken care of?

The spots are the remnants of the Neem Oil I've been spraying. I wipe them down after the spray to rid of the waxy spots.

I'll update with pics soon.

Quick update....
Here are two pics of the NL.
I found out there is a "flower" setting on my camera, takes much better macro shots.
I'll update with more pics of each girl tomorrow.
phpxkBPcGPM.jpg

Looks better everyday. I just notice some "frostiness" on the leaves today.
phpAv1VxOPM.jpg

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info...

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates…

Thanks and hope all is well in your world brother!...;)

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom