1st Journal - M39 - Northen Light x Skunk - Soil - CFLs

Re: 1st Journal, M39 (Northen Light x Skunk ) Soil & CFL'S

id say your best option would be to save up for a 400watt hid light, then you can run a metal halide bulb for veg and high pressure sodium for flower, or go with a dual spectrum bulb which so far seems to be giving me good results.

you will notice a huge difference with the hid but temps soon shoot up, a lot of people argue that cfls are hotter and give out more heat but i had over 400 watts all within 2 to 4 inches of the plant and i could keep my grow door shut and temps would be ok, now im running a 400watt hid i have to have my grow door open, so clearly the hid lights give off more heat than cfls,

so thats something you would have to consider is temps, i could of done with a 600watt light really but 400 watt does me ok and i think the 600 would give me temp issues and id have to consider running a cooled hood or setting up more fans and vents to control the heat,

Exactly, and i cant install a intake unit since their way too loud, thats why im going with a ghetto version with a simple metal fan that is way better on the noise and also this is the reason i am going towards leds. Their new, they seem to work very well (specially the BID 80x5W from TopLed) and they produce like, no heat which is perfect for my grow.

I really feel i thru myself in it with no knowledge. I look at my plants now and im telling myself i could of done this and that and this and that, god they could of been better, bla bla bla, but life goes on :) We learn from our experiences and that is great :)

Next time, patience will be the key of sucess :thanks:

BID is going to be testing a new led from another sponsor from what he said, i know the cob light from topled needs a bit of work doing on it to get it perfected from the sounds of it, but i really dont know a lot about led's to comment,

but led's would certainly keep temps down and seem to produce ok results, just go with something thats been tested and proven to work as the last thing you need is to spend $$$ on a light and end up with something your not happy with, i know BID gets great results so he would be best to speak with about the led's im sure he would tell you strait whats worth using and whats not

BID is going to be testing a new led from another sponsor from what he said, i know the cob light from topled needs a bit of work doing on it to get it perfected from the sounds of it, but i really dont know a lot about led's to comment,

but led's would certainly keep temps down and seem to produce ok results, just go with something thats been tested and proven to work as the last thing you need is to spend $$$ on a light and end up with something your not happy with, i know BID gets great results so he would be best to speak with about the led's im sure he would tell you strait whats worth using and whats not

Thank you very much as always Don. I will go talk to BID when i will take the decision, also stalking his journal from time to time :)

Cant complain for now, RJ-11 is loving the FlovaNova Bloom :allgood:

PA232578.JPG

i got to admit that plant looks very nice, look like some very fat buds, just like the one i busted off my plant about an hour ago, i posted teh pic in my journal, so no to impressed i did that,
dont think its as fat as yours though so very nice ideed,

Thank you very much as always Don. I will go talk to BID when i will take the decision, also stalking his journal from time to time :)

Cant complain for now, RJ-11 is loving the FlovaNova Bloom :allgood:

PA232578.JPG
It looks great! Nice job Levernz. Seems ages since I popped in here. I'm in the same boat with you on the CFL lighting. I really really want to get that HID...but just can't swing the cost. Hopefully next grow, like you. :thumb:

its a price im glad i saved up to pay, my light was £65 and came with a free sunmaster bulb,

cfls work and i still use them myself and just about to set up a cfl room to run a grow alongside Spimps so we can get it all dialed in and find out what works best, so ill be starting a new journal and it will be for cfls from seed to harvest, ill keep seeing what works and what dont and how many lights etc etc, possibly 3 or 4 plants at a time with 1 being a dwc auto from my own kc45 pheno strain. then i can bounce info off Spimp and he can bounces info off me, it will give me the chance to find out what cfls can actually achieve,

my first grow was cfls and i got great result, so will try and push it further this time with no extra cfls, its been easily 2 years since i grew with cfls and ive learned a lot in that time, so will be interesting to see how cfls work for me now ive got everything else dialed in, im sure ill be very happy with the results

very nice.
this is the top of the main stem i broke off earlier, one of my other plants had grown to closer and pulled on the stem and it snapped clean off, its nearly ready for harvest so not a major problem but it had been foxtailing for a week now so it might of got bigger as it was still growing new pistils.
20131023_210713.jpg

It looks great! Nice job Levernz. Seems ages since I popped in here. I'm in the same boat with you on the CFL lighting. I really really want to get that HID...but just can't swing the cost. Hopefully next grow, like you. :thumb:

Thanks Canna :) Glad to still have you aboard :high-five: :peace:

its a price im glad i saved up to pay, my light was £65 and came with a free sunmaster bulb,

cfls work and i still use them myself and just about to set up a cfl room to run a grow alongside Spimps so we can get it all dialed in and find out what works best, so ill be starting a new journal and it will be for cfls from seed to harvest, ill keep seeing what works and what dont and how many lights etc etc, possibly 3 or 4 plants at a time with 1 being a dwc auto from my own kc45 pheno strain. then i can bounce info off Spimp and he can bounces info off me, it will give me the chance to find out what cfls can actually achieve,

my first grow was cfls and i got great result, so will try and push it further this time with no extra cfls, its been easily 2 years since i grew with cfls and ive learned a lot in that time, so will be interesting to see how cfls work for me now ive got everything else dialed in, im sure ill be very happy with the results

Can't wait to see that. I will also use them for veg they will never be a loss :Namaste:

Yes i saw your accident earlier on your thread, your bud will still be great smoke im sure :) Will see mine after a other 30 days ish :high-five:

Good evening folks, i just finished the watering on Baby & Mlevernz and i checked the PH of the extra ''run off'' water and its actually pretty low, between 4.5 & 5. Does that mean there a salt build up and i need to flush ? Or its when the PH is higher then 7. ?

Thanks

Sorry Levernz, I thought I responded to this question yesterday, I would flush if I were you, lots of nutrients will be locked out with the ph that low.

Yea thats what i tought, but i got told that flushing with Miracle Gro soil with slow release ferts will make not change anything... I will flush them this weekend but it will most likely not change anything, on my next growth i will try to create a homemade soil which i would need some help to do :)

Thanks Dank :thumb:

Good evening :420:

Today i installed my ghetto exhaust with a 4" metal fan attached to 5" x 8Feet of ducting, and i gotta say its pretty efficient :) I just left the room fully closed for 3 hours and the temp was at 78F right into the grow :party:

Total cost of the ghetto exhaust : 20$ :cheer:

Few pics for yall, they were taking with my phone since my gf is gone for a girl weekend and she took her camera :smokin:

Day 35 / Flowering

IMG_160316.JPG
IMG_160413.JPG
IMG_160511.JPG
IMG_160615.JPG

RJ-11

IMG_160716.JPG

Baby, she was the most infested by the mites or whatever it was and she got sprayed at least 4 times. You can see the leafs took a shot, should i remove all the leaves that have spots on them like those ?

IMG_160918.JPG

Mlevernz

IMG_161015.JPG

Roxy Haze

IMG_161213.JPG

:peacetwo:

Hey Levernz! Glad to see your exhaust system is working for you! And for very little money too. :)
I can't answer any questions on the leaves, but I'm sure someone will be along to help you on that. Poor girl, it looks like she will survive the chow-down on her though.
Keep an eye on anything duct taped above your plants. I can't really see where that is taped to, but I found that my duct tape on my light fixture loosened up with the heat and fans going on. Wouldn't want to see your purty plants get smushed by anything.
Duct tape is an amazing tool though, eh? I have one roll in almost every drawer of my tool cabinet. LOL

Hey Levernz! Glad to see your exhaust system is working for you! And for very little money too. :)
I can't answer any questions on the leaves, but I'm sure someone will be along to help you on that. Poor girl, it looks like she will survive the chow-down on her though.
Keep an eye on anything duct taped above your plants. I can't really see where that is taped to, but I found that my duct tape on my light fixture loosened up with the heat and fans going on. Wouldn't want to see your purty plants get smushed by anything.
Duct tape is an amazing tool though, eh? I have one roll in almost every drawer of my tool cabinet. LOL

Indeed, im at 2 roll of duct tape now :D

About the fan, i did not want to show all the tacks i stacked together on the frame lol.

For the heat on the light fixture, i know i have to retouch them everyday and its a pain. Should i put electric tape instead ?

:thanks::circle-of-love:

Indeed, im at 2 roll of duct tape now :D

About the fan, i did not want to show all the tacks i stacked together on the frame lol.

For the heat on the light fixture, i know i have to retouch them everyday and its a pain. Should i put electric tape instead ?

:thanks::circle-of-love:

Personally I think the duct tape will hold up better than electrical tape. LOL
I just have to keep pressing it down like you do. ;-) I have some of that Foil tape that you use for furnace ducts and such, I'm going to give that a try on my next project and see if works out better. It held very well on my outdoor wood burner when I insulated the top heating chamber and wrapped insulation around the duct going into the house.. Held for 2 full years, outside.

your plants are looking good. leave the damaged leaves on your plants, leaves still supply energy to the plant even with only 20% of the surface area intact. I use aluminum foil tape to seal my ducting connections, I would use that on any high heat connections.

your plants are looking good. leave the damaged leaves on your plants, leaves still supply energy to the plant even with only 20% of the surface area intact. I use aluminum foil tape to seal my ducting connections, I would use that on any high heat connections.
Exactly! I got mine at Lowes in the heating section. You can probably find it at Ace hardware stores too. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom